Author Topic: are the 60's now over  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
Re: are the 60's now over
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »
That depends upon your definition of holdout, I drive an efficient car, recycle religiously, believe in equality, love and peace almost all the time. (except when I'm mad) .  I do wear my hairshort for comfort and convenience.  I don't yell down machines, but, I do laugh when I hear about SUV's falling rapidly out of favor, especially with trade in value! 

Tell me about New Hampshire, I live in a town on the border and North Conway is full of shopping malls, cheap cigarettes, liquor and traffic.  And every fucking lottery game imaginable.  I saw two hummers the other day there.

I am pragmatic, I practice strict energy conservation, if it was practical for us, I'd have a roof full of solar panels and a wind turbine.  My wife is exploring geothermal heating systems.  I kept the ideals, I just don't do it to insanity. 

so you're a cheap ass and use the recycling bin, I'm a flaming neocon and do the same shit, but unlike the typical flaming libtard hippie who thinks they are superior to everyone else, i don't give a crap if Biff drives a Hummer, he is an asshole reguardless of what he drives and I hope somebody keys the fucking thing, but do get a kick out of how bent out of shape libtards get he drives the thing.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 03:36:11 AM »
Neocons have been trying to kill off Hippie since 1968. They haven't completely succeeded yet, although they successfully convinced all the fairweather types that money was good (god?) and you could work from within the system to change it. As Dr Phil would say, "And how's that working for you?"

Whether ANYONE wants to admit it, the Sixties generation brought about much-needed changes and new thinking in terms of race relations and civil liberties. I'll be the first to admit that Bush is only following in the footsteps of Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan et.al. in terms of limiting and destroying freedom, and he's done a wonderful job of shredding what's left of the Bill of Rights. But Dylan said it best: "Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters." In other words, put your own house in order and make up your own mind about what's right.

I think our destiny is to travel to the stars. "Earth is the cradle of Humanity but humans cannot stay in the cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsilokosky, Russian futurist and designer of the first space station. In order to make our minds ready, visionairies like Timothy Leary pointed out that we'd need a mutli-dimension consciousness to cope with multi-d space. LSD is just one of many tools towards that purpose.

The dream refuses to die!!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 03:37:49 AM by wandrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 04:55:31 AM »
much needed change ?
broken families, jerry springer society, widespread drug use, record numbers of people in prison

the greatest generation ever wasn't so great because it produced the worst generation ever who's own kids don't want them running the country as is evident by the widespread support of Obama by people under 40 who was also chosen by a landslide by black voters over the hippie woman

LBJ & MLK where old people, not 60's hippies, all you people where was a bunch of stoners looking for some excuse to party and avoid work, like yeah dude, lets go to the protest and party on dude and to fund your bum lifestyles where criminal drug dealers and also criminal drug users.

The ones who didn't so called sell out are just lazy bums pretending they are living a GREEN lifestyle, but reality is they are just lazy trailer trash garbage pickers with an excuse to justify it by saying they are against consumerism while milking every low income handout they can get and or still selling drugs to kids.

The population is destroying freedom by abusing it and the baby boomers are the absolute worst NIMBY people who ever lived and the tree hungers the worst of them. Take the land away from the people, take away their freedom and put them under the control of the MAN. A poor man used to be able to afford some acres in a place like vermont, not no more because the NIMBY people and tree huggers and all their rules an regulations and government land grabs have put buying land out of reach of the working class.

Plus boomers and spare no exspense on education has driven property taxes threw the roof exslaving people to the MAN to hold onto their property. It's more like paying rent to the government now to keep what used to be private property thanks to the yuppie scum baby boomers.

keep telling yourself how great you are, but do it in private so sane people don't have to hear it.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 06:00:51 AM »
much needed change ?
broken families, jerry springer society, widespread drug use, record numbers of people in prison

the greatest generation ever wasn't so great because it produced the worst generation ever who's own kids don't want them running the country as is evident by the widespread support of Obama by people under 40 who was also chosen by a landslide by black voters over the hippie woman

LBJ & MLK where old people, not 60's hippies, all you people where was a bunch of stoners looking for some excuse to party and avoid work, like yeah dude, lets go to the protest and party on dude and to fund your bum lifestyles where criminal drug dealers and also criminal drug users.

The ones who didn't so called sell out are just lazy bums pretending they are living a GREEN lifestyle, but reality is they are just lazy trailer trash garbage pickers with an excuse to justify it by saying they are against consumerism while milking every low income handout they can get and or still selling drugs to kids.

The population is destroying freedom by abusing it and the baby boomers are the absolute worst NIMBY people who ever lived and the tree hungers the worst of them. Take the land away from the people, take away their freedom and put them under the control of the MAN. A poor man used to be able to afford some acres in a place like vermont, not no more because the NIMBY people and tree huggers and all their rules an regulations and government land grabs have put buying land out of reach of the working class.

Plus boomers and spare no exspense on education has driven property taxes threw the roof exslaving people to the MAN to hold onto their property. It's more like paying rent to the government now to keep what used to be private property thanks to the yuppie scum baby boomers.

keep telling yourself how great you are, but do it in private so sane people don't have to hear it.

You really have no idea what shit you're spewing.

Baby boomers were all just a bunch of stoners looking for the next party?  :clap: :wanker:

Hippies were all about mind expansion, sometimes with the use of chemicals. It was the consumerist "live fast" yuppies of the time who were into coke + speed. This is the society you want yeah? Oh but without the greed (which it relies upon) enslaving us to the MAN.

What's wrong with living a simple life, taking government handouts? I don't work, because I don't want to or have to.
I'm a student, I live in my parent's home, I get a government allowance.

On one hand, you're opposed to the communal living, laid back hippie ideal and lifestyle. On the other hand, you're opposed to our consumerist society... make up your mind!

:STFU:
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 06:22:47 AM »
i would say lay off the drugs, but it looks like it's too late for you at this point.

I'm for sensable consumption, not wild wasteful consumption which really translate into some asshole hogging more of the production by ripping off their labor who can't afford nothing much.

sure the boss deserves a little bigger house than the workers, he earned it, but when it comes to the boss living in a 8,000 square foot home and 18 illegals living in a 1 bedroom apartment it's called exploitation of workers.

unlike you commies who think nobody should get one crumb of bread more than the other guy, i believe in reward for hard work but not to the explotation of others with no checks & balances.

What's wrong with living a simple life, taking government handouts? I don't work, because I don't want to or have to.
I'm a student, I live in my parent's home, I get a government allowance.

you're a bum

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 06:50:42 AM »
I'm a happy drug-addled bum.  ;D

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

thepeaguy

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 08:16:02 AM »

I just want to earn some more cash. :(

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 08:19:37 AM »

Sell drugs to school kids. :thumbup:

Blasted

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 08:36:10 AM »
 :lol:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 09:35:07 AM »

I admire your willingness to go were others usually fear to tread, but seriously, how much money do these kids have to spend on drugs these days. Wouldn't selling coke to the high flyers be much more rewarding finacially?

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 09:46:37 AM »

I admire your willingness to go were others usually fear to tread, but seriously, how much money do these kids have to spend on drugs these days. Wouldn't selling coke to the high flyers be much more rewarding finacially?

Private school kids from wealthy families with disposable incomes, obviously.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2008, 09:47:54 AM »

Private school kids from wealthy families with disposable incomes, obviously.

I see you have done your research. You fabulous bastard! I commend you!  :thumbup:

ozymandias

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »
That depends upon your definition of holdout, I drive an efficient car, recycle religiously, believe in equality, love and peace almost all the time. (except when I'm mad) .  I do wear my hairshort for comfort and convenience.  I don't yell down machines, but, I do laugh when I hear about SUV's falling rapidly out of favor, especially with trade in value! 

Tell me about New Hampshire, I live in a town on the border and North Conway is full of shopping malls, cheap cigarettes, liquor and traffic.  And every fucking lottery game imaginable.  I saw two hummers the other day there.

I am pragmatic, I practice strict energy conservation, if it was practical for us, I'd have a roof full of solar panels and a wind turbine.  My wife is exploring geothermal heating systems.  I kept the ideals, I just don't do it to insanity. 

so you're a cheap ass and use the recycling bin, I'm a flaming neocon and do the same shit, but unlike the typical flaming libtard hippie who thinks they are superior to everyone else, i don't give a crap if Biff drives a Hummer, he is an asshole reguardless of what he drives and I hope somebody keys the fucking thing, but do get a kick out of how bent out of shape libtards get he drives the thing.

Ah, now we enter insult mode.   ::)

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2008, 12:28:44 PM »
what insult, are you some sort of sensitive little weenie or something and I wasn't PC enough ?

ozymandias

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »
what insult, are you some sort of sensitive little weenie or something and I wasn't PC enough ?

And yet, again!  The neo-con Dick Cheney method of making a point!   :laugh: