Author Topic: are the 60's now over  (Read 2328 times)

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
Re: are the 60's now over
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 08:13:19 AM »

Hey Vodzy, how many Aussie companies were bought up by American investors? Isn't all that money going to the U.S. now?

Man we are screwed...  ::)

Australia was fine as a quasi-communist state until the (big L) Liberals privatised our basic needs.

True, they seemed pretty eager to follow WTO recomendations and the like.

Working harder to screw the everyday man.

I'm convinced the Liberal governments want a class based society. Increasing univeristy fees and lots of other policies that will come to me in a soberer state. hic.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 08:20:20 AM »

Hey Vodzy, how many Aussie companies were bought up by American investors? Isn't all that money going to the U.S. now?

Man we are screwed...  ::)

Australia was fine as a quasi-communist state until the (big L) Liberals privatised our basic needs.

True, they seemed pretty eager to follow WTO recomendations and the like.

Working harder to screw the everyday man.

I'm convinced the Liberal governments want a class based society. Increasing univeristy fees and lots of other policies that will come to me in a soberer state. hic.

You lucky drunk bastard.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 05:04:50 PM »
http://www.economyincrisis.org/articles/show/1530

With far less people, land and resources, Japan has an $80 billion yearly balance-of-trade surplus with the U.S. It has the second largest current account surplus next to China and has accumulated $1.2 trillion during the last 20 years while currently lending America $517.2 billion.

they take a few thousand dollars profit out of the country off each car they build here

OMG you are thick.

How many over-seas companies do you think are owned by US companies? I bet you support a lot of them.

not enough or we wouldn't be borrowing our own money

sorry to burst your bubble that buying a car assembled in the USA still hurts the USA because the profits leave the country and a lot of the office work is done in other countries.
The Toyota plant in Georgetown KY opened in ithink 1989 and at the current rate of employee turnover they estimate only 17% of the origional work force will survive until retirement, the rest will end up on elderly welfare.

I know you hate filled liberals wet your pants everytime GM or Ford lays offs thousands of workers because you love to see people suffer, but what goes around comes around.

Dumb de dumb dumb dumb.

Toyota CREATED jobs for US workers. They have taken jobs OUT OF Japanese or other local countries' manufacturing plants and put them in your hands.

Way to look a gift horse in the mouth :finger:

this country already had the means to make it's own cars, so they destroyed good paying jobs and replaced them with garbage jobs.

Toyota’s commercials tout how many jobs the company has created in the United States

if you would think for yourself instead of letting that boob tube tell you what to think you would be better off.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 05:31:51 PM »
There are serious pollution issues associated with hybrid production methods. And ethanol use is apparently making the problem worse, not better. But I still see evidence of the Sixties all around, like T Boone Pickens putting his considerable earning power behind wind farms. Pickens ain't no damn hippie.

Anyway, what the Hell are Bush, Cheney et.al. doing? Giving lip service to ideas that won't work or will only be stop-gap measures (like drilling in the Alaskan Wildlife Reserve) or saying the free market (which they don't really believe in) will take care of the problem.

If Dick Cheney wanted to be truly useful to society, he'd put us out of his misery and shoot himself in the face.  :lol:

Duck Season
Wabbit Season
Duck Season
Wabbit Season
Dick Season

"Ssshhhh...be very, very qwiet...we're hunting Cheneys."  :D
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2008, 07:44:55 PM »
http://www.pickensplan.com/

pickens is the free market, one of those evil billionaires liberal hate

has Bush veto'd anything that came out of congress as far as a real energy bill ?

what did comrade clintoon do while the SUV crazy was happening, nothing

In 1992 Ross Perot stood next to clinton in a debate and said he would try and enact a .50 cent gas tax. If he had been elected we wouldn't be in the mess we are today.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2008, 11:47:41 PM »
I'm no fan of Clinton. I think he ought to be locked up for what happened at Waco, plus more pot smokers were arrested in his administration than in Bush Sr. By any standard metric, he was a centrist, not a liberal.

The only solution I've seen Bush propose to the current energy situation is to drill in the ANWR, which will take a decade just for start-up. I'm not against it--the spot where they want to drill is a god-forsaken hole and I pity any oil workers who go in there (and hope they get paid danger money)--but it's not gonna help anytime soon. At least the tree-huggers are trying to come up with viable alternatives, and willing to risk falling on their faces in the process.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 12:12:31 AM by wandrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2008, 06:43:32 AM »
tree huggers are against everything, try and build a plant to produce equipment for wind or solar power and put up power lines and watch them fight that also.
Liberals are nothing more than revenge of the nerds, the democrap party is just a collection of misfits who hate normal people ( republicans) and get their jollies out of trying to make normal people miserable like them.

tree huggers are just rabid liberals who get their jollies out of screwing loggers out of jobs, they drive imported cars because they get their jollies screwing UAW members out of jobs. They block developement to screw construction workers out of jobs. They could care less about the enviroment, just want to screw oil companiy workers out of jobs and old ladies out of their investment in oil companies. They hate people making good money working for power companies so want to screw them out of jobs by hoping they can buy imported wind & solar systems because they know the stuff will be produced overseas.

when somebody can't do squat themselves, they try to ruin everyone else so they don't look so bad in comparision.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2008, 04:55:25 AM »
 :tinfoil:
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2008, 12:13:13 AM »
tree huggers are against everything, try and build a plant to produce equipment for wind or solar power and put up power lines and watch them fight that also.
Liberals are nothing more than revenge of the nerds, the democrap party is just a collection of misfits who hate normal people ( republicans) and get their jollies out of trying to make normal people miserable like them.

tree huggers are just rabid liberals who get their jollies out of screwing loggers out of jobs, they drive imported cars because they get their jollies screwing UAW members out of jobs. They block developement to screw construction workers out of jobs. They could care less about the enviroment, just want to screw oil companiy workers out of jobs and old ladies out of their investment in oil companies. They hate people making good money working for power companies so want to screw them out of jobs by hoping they can buy imported wind & solar systems because they know the stuff will be produced overseas.

when somebody can't do squat themselves, they try to ruin everyone else so they don't look so bad in comparision.

Your setup has become tiresome.  :violin:  :yawn:

/wandrew fucks off to listen to Killdozer covers  :headbang2:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 12:15:07 AM by wandrew »

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2008, 07:17:50 AM »

Your setup has become tiresome.  :violin:  :yawn:

/wandrew fucks off to listen to Killdozer covers  :headbang2:

to bad

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2008, 11:40:14 AM »
I disagree that people drive "imported" cars because they want to screw Americans out of jobs.

In case you haven't noticed, a lot of so-called "imported" cars are actually made in the US.

My cousin's husband works for a Honda plant in Alabama that makes Honda Odysseys and I drive an Odyssey myself, thereby providing some worthy Americans good jobs in an otherwise depressed local economy.  I did not want to screw any American out of a job in buying my Odyssey, I was just sick and tired of all the problems I had been having with my lemon of a Buick and I wanted to own something reliable for a change, something I could actually drive as opposed to constantly working on it trying to fix yet another difficult-to-diagnose problem.  I had the engine rebuilt when it had only 70,000 miles on it and shortly after that, the transmission went for the first time, so I had it rebuilt too.  I took very good care of that car, but I swear as many parts as I replaced or rebuilt on that Buick, it should have been a brand new car instead of a lemon. 

GM called it "planned obsolescence" and that made a lot of people pissed off at GM.  My dad and brother drove Fords and I saw them have to work on them all the time when they broke down, too.  My mom also drove a Buick and it was the same story with her car.  My other brother was a mechanic who drove GM cars, and he fixed them constantly as well.  After I had my daughter, I needed to take care of her as opposed to working on cars, so when I was looking to replace my Buick with a minivan, I looked at the reliability ratings and Odysseys were the most reliable.

Maybe if the American automobile manufacturers had not been so greedy as to deliberately build their cars to break down so people would have to buy new ones, people would be less pissed off with them and would have bought more cars from them.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2008, 06:19:52 PM »

so what you are saying is the rednecks in alabama are wage cutters and job thieves. After they finish off the big 3 US companies watch him cry they cut his wages or threw him out the door and hired a mexican for half price and his once wonderful town is over run with mexicans and crime.

my 1985 buick is only 23 years old, I've had it for 18 years and I'll have it long after todays rice burners are in the junk yards.

put in a used 200,000 mile 300 plus horse power fuel injected 1994 camaro Z-28 motor and manuel 6 speed double over drive transmission, it idles at 70 MPH, can't even get it into 6th gear below 70 :thumbup:

got like 300,000 miles out of a 1975 camaro consumer reports bad mouthed, kid from a junk yard took it to a demo derby to finish it off, it just wouldn't die easy.

my former neighbor owns the black one 1988 turbocharged grand national , the thing flies

how many 1980's jap junks are still on the road ?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2016, 06:39:48 PM »
  I suspect that the 60s will live on in spirit until the last Baby Boomer is dead.  They'll be
  listening to their psychedelic oldies and protest songs in the day rooms of their nursing homes. 
  And that's as it should be.  My generation will be there soon enough, with moussed white hair,
  walking like Egyptians behind our walkers.  :autism:

So, long live the 60s!   :peace:   

And the Boomers too, especially my Boomer pals.   :oldman:
  By the time we got to Woodstock ... :notes:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:51:30 PM by couldbecousin »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2016, 01:43:49 PM »
The sixties flower children never really understood how society really works.  They were like children all their lives who never understood responsibility and what it means. The whole taking drugs to instantaneously “reach new spiritual heights” for instance, instead of working at in controlled manner, the way mystics and magicians do was a mistake. It lead to them believing that the world was something it is not.  It also lead to forcing drugs down their own kids throats so they could “be happy ad see the world  the way it isn't.”

They also could not handle people telling them the truth about how things are more so than the other generations. They were really coddled by their depression era parents who resented the hardships they had growing up, and so made it to easy for their children. For the flower children, the world could only be peace and love, and they did not believe they would ever have to make any sacrifices.  Hence, they tend to be lacking necessary qualities of a good leader.

This is a pretty good description of many millennials.