Educational

Author Topic: Would you send your kids to this school?  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: Would you send your kids to this school?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 12:14:23 PM »
I remember this on the news I thought they went to far Myself. It is to bad they did it. The principal should had hard proof before He ask for the police to raid the school what a fool He was in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 12:27:21 PM »
At least they got rid of that principal.  I saw the video of the raid with him narrating it and I thought he was an idiot.

Our high school principal wandered around during breaks to catch kids smoking, which was against the rules.  We never had a drug raid.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 08:23:45 AM »
We had a drug raid in school once, but it was because one guy was keeping over a pound of pot in his locker and distributing to the other students. Remember Operation Intercept? It was about two weeks after that started and it was very unusual at the time to have drug sniffing dogs used in the school. The big bust happened at the high school, but every school was sniffed in one morning, while we were all outside for a "drill". They put half a dozen kids in the truck.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:11:21 AM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 08:36:27 AM »
from the short video, it also seemed as if they were racially profiling.
Misunderstood.

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 04:06:01 PM »
Our high school principal wandered around during breaks to catch kids smoking, which was against the rules.  We never had a drug raid.

Heh...  Our principal and some of the teachers smoked with the kids out in the designated smoking area.

I wouldn't send my kids to a school like that.  If they think that one or two kids are dealing drugs, they should search those kids' lockers.  I don't think that a school should ever be raided like that unless there is credible evidence of an immediate thread to other students (along the lines of a Columbine-style massacre). 
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »

Heh...  Our principal and some of the teachers smoked with the kids out in the designated smoking area.

I wouldn't send my kids to a school like that.  If they think that one or two kids are dealing drugs, they should search those kids' lockers.  I don't think that a school should ever be raided like that unless there is credible evidence of an immediate thread to other students (along the lines of a Columbine-style massacre). 
i think that a kid should have a right to privacy also.  searching their lockers would be a breach of that right.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 10:21:52 PM »

i think that a kid should have a right to privacy also.  searching their lockers would be a breach of that right.

Including in their affairs with older people?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 10:48:04 PM »

sure.
i see what you are getting at and the example you gave is flawed.  the older person broadcast this affair and tried to justify it.

i said before that i don't care what they do behind closed doors.  my problem was the fact that a moderator (a person of influence) was trying to seel the idea  on a support forum that is dominated by children.
Misunderstood.

Offline Vortex_13

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 09:04:14 AM »

Bah.Kids don't have a right to privacy.Any kid of mine is getting his stuff searched randomly whenever I feel like it so I know what the little bastard is up to. :police:
Oh the things I know....

Offline Vortex_13

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 09:06:03 AM »
And I would be pissed if they did that to my kid.Random locker searches I have no problem with.But that raid with dogs and making the kids get down on the ground was a bunch of bullshit.
Oh the things I know....

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 09:19:38 AM »
I don't have a huge problem with random locker searches either.  To a certain extent, schools have to take on some parental responsilities when the kid is at the school.  Most parents at least do some cursory searches of their kids' stuff, so it's not that big of a deal, and I dont' think that it's very traumatic. 
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 09:20:42 AM »
I don't have a problem with random locker searches either, although I have a problem with the fact that we seem to need them.  :(
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 09:30:03 AM »
The difference between a parent and the police searching a kid's things is that if the parent finds something, the kid doesn't usually get expelled, go to jail and get a criminal record.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Vortex_13

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 09:34:36 AM »
The difference between a parent and the police searching a kid's things is that if the parent finds something, the kid doesn't usually get expelled, go to jail and get a criminal record.

Well every kid needs to learn the lesson of what he can get away with where. In other words if dad finds some weed on you,you're probably just looking at an ass kicking. The cops find it on you,it's off to jail.
Oh the things I know....