Educational

Author Topic: Would you send your kids to this school?  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
Re: Would you send your kids to this school?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 09:35:56 AM »
When I was in hs, they'd just call your parents if it was a minor ammount of weed that you clearly didn't intend to sell. 
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 09:36:53 AM »
It's not weed I'd worry about so much as weapons, actually.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 06:38:11 PM »
The difference between a parent and the police searching a kid's things is that if the parent finds something, the kid doesn't usually get expelled, go to jail and get a criminal record.

Well every kid needs to learn the lesson of what he can get away with where. In other words if dad finds some weed on you,you're probably just looking at an ass kicking. The cops find it on you,it's off to jail.
thus the problem.  many kids experiment and then grow out of it.  an ass kicking is no big deal.  but a criminal record could haunt you your entire life.
Misunderstood.

Offline Janicka

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 08:16:57 PM »
The difference between a parent and the police searching a kid's things is that if the parent finds something, the kid doesn't usually get expelled, go to jail and get a criminal record.

Well every kid needs to learn the lesson of what he can get away with where. In other words if dad finds some weed on you,you're probably just looking at an ass kicking. The cops find it on you,it's off to jail.
thus the problem.  many kids experiment and then grow out of it.  an ass kicking is no big deal.  but a criminal record could haunt you your entire life.

Right.  And fortunately, the administrators in my highschool kept that in mind.  So if they just found one joint on someone, it would get flushed down the toilet and your parents would be called.  End of story. 
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »
i got busted with a pound of weed in my car when i was a senior in HS.
Misunderstood.

Offline Janicka

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 08:45:39 PM »

:LMAO:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 09:23:50 PM »

on the bright side:
i am a caucasian, so the cops just gave me a warning.

i wonder what would have happened if i was black?
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 09:24:07 PM »
black....like richard.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 09:44:29 PM »

Oops.
I had a nasty-ass hated brother-in-law (soon to be, at the time) trying to set me up to be busted when I was just out of high school to keep me from marrying his sister (could there be a theme here?). He was a cop and, if I wasn't so vain as to re-brush my awesome locks right after getting in the car and out of the wind, I would not have found it. It was stashed above my visor, where I kept my hairbrush and it fell onto the floor of the car when I grabbed my brush. I immediately knew what it was (about four ounces, felony at the time) and that it could not possibly be "mine", started the car and dashed out of there, tossing out the bag on the way.

I got about three blocks when I was pulled over for a busted tail light (which had been conveniently busted for me). They said I had also been drinking and needed to search the car. I never drank, back then, so that was total bullshit. I was clean as a whistle and they kept searching and talking on the radio for an hour. It was another cop who pulled me over, who I knew was buddies with the nasty-ass. I was just fucking lucky as hell!!

.. that I was such a prettyboy.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 10:15:42 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 09:45:58 PM »

on the bright side:

A warning for a pound? No way that would happen in Texas. It sounds like they were just collecting dope to make money on the side, to me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 11:05:57 PM »

i think that a kid should have a right to privacy also.  searching their lockers would be a breach of that right.

Including in their affairs with older people?
sure.
i see what you are getting at and the example you gave is flawed.  the older person broadcast this affair and tried to justify it.

i said before that i don't care what they do behind closed doors.
  my problem was the fact that a moderator (a person of influence) was trying to seel the idea  on a support forum that is dominated by children.

I missed the bolded part earlier.
Must have been skimming. I just
like to make sure that there's
consistancy.

Scrapheap

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 11:08:16 PM »

on the bright side:

:bssign: :poop: :bssign: :poop: :bssign: :poop: :bssign: :poop: :bssign: :poop: :pinocchio: :pinocchio: :pinocchio:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 10:22:11 AM »

Oops.
I had a nasty-ass hated brother-in-law (soon to be, at the time) trying to set me up to be busted when I was just out of high school to keep me from marrying his sister (could there be a theme here?). He was a cop and, if I wasn't so vain as to re-brush my awesome locks right after getting in the car and out of the wind, I would not have found it. It was stashed above my visor, where I kept my hairbrush and it fell onto the floor of the car when I grabbed my brush. I immediately knew what it was (about four ounces, felony at the time) and that it could not possibly be "mine", started the car and dashed out of there, tossing out the bag on the way.

I got about three blocks when I was pulled over for a busted tail light (which had been conveniently busted for me). They said I had also been drinking and needed to search the car. I never drank, back then, so that was total bullshit. I was clean as a whistle and they kept searching and talking on the radio for an hour. It was another cop who pulled me over, who I knew was buddies with the nasty-ass. I was just fucking lucky as hell!!

That's fucking awesome.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 10:33:55 AM »

Oops.

That's fucking awesome.

100% pure luck, favoring me for a change!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 03:13:09 PM »

on the bright side:

:bssign: :poop: :bssign: :poop: :bssign: :poop: :bssign: :poop: :bssign: :poop: :pinocchio: :pinocchio: :pinocchio:
i told them that i was holding it for a friend.
Misunderstood.