Educational

Author Topic: Bucket list! IF you had the means where are some places you'd love to go?  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
I want to go on a tornado chasing holiday, and get up close enough to a tornado without getting injured in any way. I’ve already been very close to a lightning strike which was less than 2 metres away. I’d like to experience a decently shaky earthquake too. Again, without getting hurt in any way. So, I guess anywhere which has those things. I’d also love to see a volcano erupt, again without getting hurt.
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
What do you want to do?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I want to live in Thailand (Chiang Mai)

I would love to visit the world but these places are on my bucket list

New Zealand
Fiji
Philippines
Malaysia
Singapore
Bali
Maldives
Prague
Florence
Southern France
Barcelona
Morocco
Mauritius
St Kitts
Cuba
Playa Del Carmen
Cuenca, Ecuador

Off the top of my head
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Back to York, London and Aachen/Aix-la-Chappelle.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
If having the means, would make is so I didn't need to go anywhere.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
in no particular order:

Iceland
Scotland (for obvious reasons)  :scotch:
Sweden (to see Lit)   :viking:
Germany (again)
Poland
Czech republic
Hungary (again)
Italy
Greece
Egypt
India
Thailand
Vietnam
Australia
New Zealand
China
South Korea

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
I've travelled a lot already. I'd like to take my family on a big OS trip if/when I have the $$$$. The one regret I have is not travelling to Egypt while it was still reasonably safe to do so.

I tend to find travel for its own sake tedious and stressful. There are some things worth travelling for though, like (for example) the British Museum.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
I would like to go back to Japan. Awesome place.

The UK would be good too. And visit odeon in Sweden where I can see actual snow. :zoinks:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I've travelled a lot already. I'd like to take my family on a big OS trip if/when I have the $$$$. The one regret I have is not travelling to Egypt while it was still reasonably safe to do so.

I tend to find travel for its own sake tedious and stressful. There are some things worth travelling for though, like (for example) the British Museum.

I stopped in the Egypt airport 3-4 years ago around the time of the uprisings and the atmosphere was far from serene. I did not feel safe there in the airport for two hours waiting and it was not until I was about an hour in the air after leaving was I at ease

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
And visit odeon in Sweden where I can see actual snow. :zoinks:

We have some right now. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Unfortunately I don't have the means to visit you right now. I need a holiday!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Czech republic would be on my list, theres an interesting bugger of a contact of mine round those parts. Gun nut with an absolutely INSANE arsenal of hardware, from autocannon, to sniper rifles, machineguns, IIRC rocket launchers, to various HE charges, plastique etc. that could be fun to fuck about with, the pics I've seen....it would make lit go insane with envy :D

Clandestine chemist, which is probably a lot of what would go on, got some fairly similar tastes in some things. It'd be entertaining thats for sure.

Where else...well theres a few people here I'd love to meet. Oz  would be on my list, would be good to meet ren and al.

Portland, IL, US. and west VA, people I'd like to meet with there too.

And whilst I don't know anyone there, there are some valleys in papua new guinea where I'd love to go, to do some studies on certain really quite unusual native fungi, packing the latest in analytical chemistry equipment, and containers for spore prints, and for seeds, cuttings etc. of the native trees, to see if I could grow some of them myself (being in the genera Boletus and Russula, they are near certain to be mycorrhizal, and need to grow in symbiosis with trees)

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore

I stopped in the Egypt airport 3-4 years ago around the time of the uprisings and the atmosphere was far from serene. I did not feel safe there in the airport for two hours waiting and it was not until I was about an hour in the air after leaving was I at ease

Where were you on your way to? I wouldn’t have liked that.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Turkey to see the cave towns.

Egypt for the pyramids and ruins.

Vietnam for the massive caverns with trees growing inside.

France, Italy, Greece for the art and architecture.

Japan because why the hell not, you've got to do it once.

Iceland. Mongolia. Brazil. There's lots of places I would go on an infinite budget.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.