Author Topic: Bucket list! IF you had the means where are some places you'd love to go?  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
I live in Straya.

We've done all the good museums here. They are good but they don't really compare to the Smithsonian or the British Museum or the Louvre.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
What about those in New Zealand?  It's only a relatively short flight to there, from the east of Australia anyway.  Three and a half hours from Sydney - hell, I could be in central Europe by that time.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
I'm not flying to NZ to go to a New Zealand museum.

That won't even be 1% as good as the museums I mentioned above.

My son is obsessively into WW2 aircraft. The Australian War Memorial in Al's hometown has an amazing collection, including a Me262 (WW2 jet fighter, the only one in the world that still has the original paint) and a 163 (rocket powered fighter). But my son wants to see the Enola Gay (in Washington DC) and the collection at Duxford.

The Air and Space Museum... not gonna find anything like that in NZ.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
I was thinking more in the sense of museums generally, not specifically war museums.

I feel like I've had my head bitten awf a bit there.