Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14463 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2011, 01:24:18 PM »
It's Sir_Les' fault that you lack the attention span to search through his posts? 

No, it's Sir Les' fault that he packes them so full of useless filler.

It's something called "Proof through Verbosity", i.e. Fillabustering

You've just said that you haven't read through it all. How can you know it is useless?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2011, 01:26:23 PM »
It's Sir_Les' fault that you lack the attention span to search through his posts? 

No, it's Sir Les' fault that he packes them so full of useless filler.

It's something called "Proof through Verbosity", i.e. Fillabustering
It is how he posts when he is not in a callout/argument situation.

It's also how he posts in call-outs. He also throws in a generous amount of weasel words in order to wrigle out of a position, if he has to.

He's made you look bad on occasion. I'd say he knows what he is doing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2011, 02:14:46 PM »
Les should first show what he meant by "egging on".  I just laughed at the Rancidora comment.  Still think it's somewhat amusing  :dunno:

This really isn't as big of a deal as Les is making it out to be.  A friend of his was insulted by proxy.  Then that insult was made into a joke.  Shit happens.  If Les is trying to come across as a white knight of sorts, fair enough but this is getting ridiculous now.

By proxy? I would say directly.

If you mean the time I called her "rancid," then no. It was not a direct insult. It was aimed at Steve, and AFAIK it was Les who informed her of it.

If you mean the time she was called Rancidora, then yes, it was an insult, but one I have every right to make. She had already been on FB slagging us off. As soon as she done that, we all had every right to fight back, and also to insult her.

This is why ths is such bullshit. I, and everybody else involved, have done no more than mock and insult someone who has attacked us. The fact that she is Les' friend is not our problem.
It's one thing to ask people here not to attack your friend. It's another thing to demand that people here do not retaliate when provoked by your friend.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »
Les should first show what he meant by "egging on".  I just laughed at the Rancidora comment.  Still think it's somewhat amusing  :dunno:

This really isn't as big of a deal as Les is making it out to be.  A friend of his was insulted by proxy.  Then that insult was made into a joke.  Shit happens.  If Les is trying to come across as a white knight of sorts, fair enough but this is getting ridiculous now.

By proxy? I would say directly.

If you mean the time I called her "rancid," then no. It was not a direct insult. It was aimed at Steve, and AFAIK it was Les who informed her of it.

If you mean the time she was called Rancidora, then yes, it was an insult, but one I have every right to make. She had already been on FB slagging us off. As soon as she done that, we all had every right to fight back, and also to insult her.

This is why ths is such bullshit. I, and everybody else involved, have done no more than mock and insult someone who has attacked us. The fact that she is Les' friend is not our problem.
It's one thing to ask people here not to attack your friend. It's another thing to demand that people here do not retaliate when provoked by your friend.

Of course it's a direct insult. Your argument is the equivalent of a soldier's who happened to shoot a civilian by being a little too trigger-happy and then saying that she shouldn't have been there to begin with; it was her own fault for being in a war zone.

That's just bullshit, Butterflies. Bullshit and bad form. What you are really saying is that you really don't care about collateral damage. The end justifies the means and all that. You've all but admitted that it's fair game. Sorry but I don't buy it. I think you went too far, repeatedly, and now you are trying to cover your ass by selectively looking back, trying to moving the goalposts weeks after the game ended.

Nowhere does anyone mention how you started threads about TCO's greatest hits, before "they" attacked you.

And I know you will protest, you will think I'm being unfair, and Bint and Scrap and possibly others will chime in, but so far every single reply has been either simply shifting the blame, trying to make it sound as if THEY started it, or how TCO is clearly <insert interwbz dx here> and it's ultimately Pandora's fault because she doesn't listen to you lot and leave him, etc ad nauseum.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »
Is it not just easier to admit we all have different opinions on this drama and that mud was slung on all sides?

Not trying to be patronising , just cannot see this issue being resolved because of so many contrasting viewpoints.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2011, 02:44:16 PM »
Nowhere does anyone mention how you started threads about TCO's greatest hits, before "they" attacked you.

wut
 ???

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »
Is it not just easier to admit we all have different opinions on this drama and that mud was slung on all sides?

Not trying to be patronising , just cannot see this issue being resolved because of so many contrasting viewpoints.

Now that depends, because what I'm really interested in here is if what I'm seeing is behaviour that is acceptable. Should you act if you believe that something is wrong, or should you stay silent to not rock the boat because the viewpoints are so contrasting and unlikely to be resolved?

Think about it. This place is not moderated so the kind of behaviour that can get you banned elsewhere can only be addressed here by speaking up.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2011, 02:51:27 PM »

wut
 ???

::)

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2011, 02:57:09 PM »
I wasn't being sarcastic. I didnt get that comment at all.

So Odeon. You obviously have an issue with me, so why dont you tell me what it is. At the moment, all I really see defending Les' position, and sniping at me for criticizing Les. What have I done to piss you off, and I'm not asking you to just tell me what Les' problem is.

Psychophant

« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2011, 03:01:58 PM »

Couldn't agree with you more!  I don't see this ever being resolved.   ::)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2011, 03:09:06 PM »

Now that depends, because what I'm really interested in here is if what I'm seeing is behaviour that is acceptable. Should you act if you believe that something is wrong, or should you stay silent to not rock the boat because the viewpoints are so contrasting and unlikely to be resolved?

Think about it. This place is not moderated so the kind of behaviour that can get you banned elsewhere can only be addressed here by speaking up.

Good point.

I don't mean to stay silent to "not rock the boat" , I merely mean agree to disagree , because it seems like to me this is one argument that will go in circles.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2011, 03:12:26 PM »
Butterflies:

I have a problem with you trying to muddy the waters concerning the whole TCO/Pandora affair, making it sound as if you were attacked instead of attacking. I have a problem with you seeing Pandora as collateral damage (see my last post) and implying that she somehow started it instead of you choosing to include her. Hell, the whole tone in your posts is about how you should have the right to defend yourself, clearly saying that she did the attacking, not you.

And I have a problem with you repeatedly saying that there is nothing you should apologise about (while admitting it was "mean"). You could have avoided a hell of a lot of all this simply by admitting it was the decent thing to do.

I think I've been pretty clear about this so I'm surprised you asked.

As for TCO's greatest hits, you and other posse members devoted pages of posts to reposting TCO's old meltdowns and such, at a time when neither he or Pandora was "attacking" you. That thread's only possible purpose was to provoke, the way I see it. Can't be arsed to look it up so I won't pretend remembering who started it, but I find it interesting that you didn't get the reference.

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »

wut
 ???

::)

The greatest hits thread was created on 17th October.   It was after the attack on Binty / Butterflies/ Intensity which started on the 11th October on Rod's FB a/c  and  13th October on Pandora's.

It was well after.
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2011, 03:16:29 PM »
I still don't get this. Is it really that bad? Rancidora. It's just a fucking playground insult ffs. I doubt she even cares herself

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2011, 03:18:58 PM »
:jaded:  I just wonder how long before this ends.    :violin:

It's a bit like a motorway accident. Yes, there's a lot of glass lying around and there are heaps of twisted metal and possibly body parts, and you wonder if anyone could have survived THAT so you stick around and watch, but as a passer-by, you are perfectly free to continue your journey when the ambulance has arrived.

- Albert Einstein