Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250050 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6525 on: August 30, 2008, 03:36:50 PM »
My fucking mouse, only about six months old or so, randomly double clicks when I click the left button. It's driving me nuts!

... AND it's a name brand, Logitech  LX3. The last one I had lasted about seven or eight years.

:hair:

Talk to Logitech directly. They will probably replace it for you.

Don't know about talking, but I have already sent an email to their customer service department, expressing my disappointment and concern, asking for satisfaction.

I was nice.

I had problems with my keyboard. They replaced it with a new one, more than six months after I bought it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6526 on: August 30, 2008, 07:29:31 PM »
I think I'm anemic.  Going to go see the doc about it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #6527 on: August 30, 2008, 07:45:01 PM »
I have an essay to write and I haven't written one before.

What is it about?
It is about what emigration has in common with entering university. I have ideas but don't know how to word them. It is something I have always had trouble with.

the best piece of writing advice I ever heard was from Wil Wheaton (aka Wesley Crusher from ST: TNG and now primarily an author). His advice: "Don't be afraid to suck." In other words, write down whatever comes into head--censor nothing--and THEN go back and look and see what needs to be cut and what can be developed into an essay. You'll know. Trust yourself.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6528 on: August 30, 2008, 07:55:32 PM »

Are the creases in your palms pale?  That was one of the ways her doctor realized she was anemic just from looking at her.

I hope that if you are anemic, it's as easy to fix as just taking a daily multivitamin with iron, like it was for my daughter.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #6529 on: August 30, 2008, 08:18:49 PM »

I read is as "i think i'm autistic", and I'm like,  "no shit".....

ps, you lose a lot of protein by beating off....  found out about that the hard way. :lol:
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6530 on: August 31, 2008, 05:21:15 AM »

Are the creases in your palms pale?  That was one of the ways her doctor realized she was anemic just from looking at her.

I don't know; what are they supposed to look like?  I've noticed that the areas under my eyes are constantly purple.  I also feel constantly dehydrated, and drinking water just makes me piss more without making me feel any better.  I get dizzy a lot too; if I sprint for 20 metres and then come to a stop, I feel disorientated, my vision goes dark and I struggle to keep my balance for a few seconds.  It also happens fairly regularly with simple things like bringing the bin in or working in the garden.  I feel tired all the time too.

I hope that if you are anemic, it's as easy to fix as just taking a daily multivitamin with iron, like it was for my daughter.

I take a multi vitamin&mineral supplement, but it only provides 14% of the RDA of iron, and my diet doesn't have much iron in it, since I don't eat much red meat.  My mum has to take an iron supplement because she doesn't absorb it well.  I don't want to take an iron supplement without getting tested first though, since it's quite toxic in excess.

[attachment deleted by admin]
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6531 on: August 31, 2008, 08:26:51 AM »
I have an essay to write and I haven't written one before.

What is it about?
It is about what emigration has in common with entering university. I have ideas but don't know how to word them. It is something I have always had trouble with.

the best piece of writing advice I ever heard was from Wil Wheaton (aka Wesley Crusher from ST: TNG and now primarily an author). His advice: "Don't be afraid to suck." In other words, write down whatever comes into head--censor nothing--and THEN go back and look and see what needs to be cut and what can be developed into an essay. You'll know. Trust yourself.

In his case, he clearly isn't afraid of sucking. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6532 on: August 31, 2008, 09:28:22 AM »
I just found out that angular cheilitis (fissuring at the corners of the mouth) can be caused by iron deficiency.  I had to stop drinking hot drinks some months ago because every time I drank them, the corners of my mouth would dry up and crack, but I never knew why.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6533 on: August 31, 2008, 10:59:08 AM »
I just found out that angular cheilitis (fissuring at the corners of the mouth) can be caused by iron deficiency.  I had to stop drinking hot drinks some months ago because every time I drank them, the corners of my mouth would dry up and crack, but I never knew why.
I used to get that; putting curel (wicked good lotion) on my lips at the first sign of wicked chapping in tandem with constant chapstick use seems ot have helped.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6534 on: August 31, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »
I think I'm anemic.  Going to go see the doc about it.

Are the creases in your palms pale?  That was one of the ways her doctor realized she was anemic just from looking at her.

I don't know; what are they supposed to look like?  I've noticed that the areas under my eyes are constantly purple.  I also feel constantly dehydrated, and drinking water just makes me piss more without making me feel any better.  I get dizzy a lot too; if I sprint for 20 metres and then come to a stop, I feel disorientated, my vision goes dark and I struggle to keep my balance for a few seconds.  It also happens fairly regularly with simple things like bringing the bin in or working in the garden.  I feel tired all the time too.

I take a multi vitamin&mineral supplement, but it only provides 14% of the RDA of iron, and my diet doesn't have much iron in it, since I don't eat much red meat.  My mum has to take an iron supplement because she doesn't absorb it well.  I don't want to take an iron supplement without getting tested first though, since it's quite toxic in excess.

The creases in your palms look the same color to me as the rest of your palms, which also look pale to me.  In addition, the inside parts of your eyelids look pale pink to me.

Add that information to your other symptoms you are experiencing including the fissures at the sides of your mouth, and in my non-medical opinion, you will confirm that you are anemic when you go to the doctor.  You definitely should go to the doctor because there can be other reasons besides lack of intake of iron that can cause anemia.  Also like you said, you don't need to just take massive iron supplements beyond a multivitamin without consulting a doctor first because too much iron can also be very harmful.  

The multivitamin my daughter takes gives her 100% of the RDA of iron.

She will barely eat meat at all, but she will sometimes eat a little seafood. She will also rarely eat part of a fast food hamburger.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6535 on: August 31, 2008, 11:04:22 AM »

I don't know; what are they supposed to look like?  I've noticed that the areas under my eyes are constantly purple.  I also feel constantly dehydrated, and drinking water just makes me piss more without making me feel any better.  I get dizzy a lot too; if I sprint for 20 metres and then come to a stop, I feel disorientated, my vision goes dark and I struggle to keep my balance for a few seconds.  It also happens fairly regularly with simple things like bringing the bin in or working in the garden.  I feel tired all the time too.
I'll add something else here- this sounds familiar to some extent- I can get the tiredness and random dizziness.  Though I know it's prolly in part compounded by mild anemia, it's also greatly reduced when I use my inhaler (albuterol).  I think a lot of the dizzy spells I was getting last summer especially were asthma-related.  Not to make you a hypochondriac, but is the idea that your sx might be breathing-related something you have looked into at all?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6536 on: August 31, 2008, 11:25:18 AM »

I'll add something else here- this sounds familiar to some extent- I can get the tiredness and random dizziness.  Though I know it's prolly in part compounded by mild anemia, it's also greatly reduced when I use my inhaler (albuterol).  I think a lot of the dizzy spells I was getting last summer especially were asthma-related.  Not to make you a hypochondriac, but is the idea that your sx might be breathing-related something you have looked into at all?

I've never had any asthma problems, never used an inhaler and have never noticed any breathing problems.  I breathe through my nose without difficulty and don't snore that I'm aware of.  Is there anything in particular I should look out for that would indicate a breathing problem?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6537 on: August 31, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
I used to get that; putting curel (wicked good lotion) on my lips at the first sign of wicked chapping in tandem with constant chapstick use seems ot have helped.

I tried chapstick, but it didn't seem to do anything no matter how often I applied it.  The doc gave me an anti-fungal cream to use a couple of years ago, when I first started getting it, and then an anti-biotic cream, but neither of them worked and it kept recurring until I stopped taking hot drinks, and it only takes one hot drink to set it off again.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6538 on: August 31, 2008, 11:44:11 AM »

I'll add something else here- this sounds familiar to some extent- I can get the tiredness and random dizziness.  Though I know it's prolly in part compounded by mild anemia, it's also greatly reduced when I use my inhaler (albuterol).  I think a lot of the dizzy spells I was getting last summer especially were asthma-related.  Not to make you a hypochondriac, but is the idea that your sx might be breathing-related something you have looked into at all?

I've never had any asthma problems, never used an inhaler and have never noticed any breathing problems.  I breathe through my nose without difficulty and don't snore that I'm aware of.  Is there anything in particular I should look out for that would indicate a breathing problem?
No idea, lol.  I've always known I have a little asthma so if you never had any problems hopefully that means you don't have it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6539 on: August 31, 2008, 01:05:04 PM »

I had to immediately look, but mine are a little darker than the surrounding skin, when relaxed. When I stretch my palms by opening my hand as much as possible, the creases become much darker, still.

I looked at my wife's hands and her creases are indeed lighter than the surrounding skin. She has been anemic for years and can not tolerate enough iron in supplements to offset her anemia. She even has to be careful of fresh vegetables with high iron content.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.