Educational

Author Topic: Agenda 21  (Read 11413 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Agenda 21
« Reply #435 on: August 02, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
Ignore the real enemy, guys. Mhm.

Dude.....what?

This is a good conversation going...at least I am enjoying it.

Ever heard the phrase "Know thyself"?

And I personally think these are distractions. Race, social class, gender. These make is OH SO EASY to divide us into factions. We're far stronger united, and people can argue about whos the most specialest snowflake after we're safe from tyranny. After we've won.

True and true. But conversations, debates, blowing off steam is necessary. It's like someone with PTSD, they can't just get up and walk away, they have to work through it, understand themselves in a different light, then move forward. Same with intergeneration-cultural PTSD. Gotta work through it. The fact that bigotry still exists, that so many are afraid to talk about it, and that even fewer can sit down and debate points, should be a sign that more work on ourselves needs to be done.

And second, such discussions often point to the root of certain problems, and give clues as to how to remedy them...something that avoidance and denial would ....deny you the chance of ascertaining.

Take the civil rights movement- do you know much about it? They didn't just spring up ready to resist. They underwent serious community bonding, training, reflection, etc, to prepare them for resistance. Those that spring up willy nilly are just as quickly put back down, re-divided, and silenced. Those that take the time to share ideas, share experiences, and heal as a group do much better.

So if you want to fight a war with a large unattended wound in your belly, see how long you'll last. Uniting against a common enemy is an incredibly delicate, and unstable, operation. Uniting with a common vision is far more powerful and long lasting.

Think of it like this,  if the elite or whatnot have a common vision they will always be more powerful as long as we don't. We can unite against an enemy and be repeatedly thwarted, growing more and more frustrated with one another, or we can unite for a common vision and emerge victorious. We need discussion, we need exchange, and we need respect for one another. Calling someone else's hardship a distraction can be seen as offensive, and be far more divisive than lending an ear.

I'm trying to remind everyone to keep their eye on the ball, or that offensive truth will become true. These diversities and such will become irrelevant, and we'll all be human livestock together.

I disagree. Diversity is essential for survival. Recognizing that we are all life and all deserve respect and honesty is one thing. But diversity is not the same as division.

I am completely against total unision. That's like Hitler's vision. That's like military governance.

Yyyyyeah. That was what I said, dude. If we can't work together, we'll be FORCED to in the future.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #436 on: August 02, 2013, 04:34:05 PM »

What state are you from?

A public school in the suburbs is like...a friggin college campus, carpeting on the floors... In the ghetto, it doesn't have computers, barely a playground, and no art or music classes.

First of all, its not SOLELY by state...it is state, then it's by county, and then it's by district, and a lot hangs on the nieghborhood. A rich neighborhood, they pay more taxes, the alumni make more donations, more money goes to the schools. In a poor neighborhood, less taxes, barely any alumni, and less money to schools. Simple math.

THERE YA GO: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/education/us-education-department-finds-salary-gap-in-poor-schools.html?_r=0

Know it's not only the state, but states that don't properly fund their schools have poor schools to begin with. The local community and PTA moms can't fix it. Of course there's a salary gap. Lost teachers here so quickly, there's a program in place for 'certification'. People without degrees, how's that? The state must meet the burden of the basic needs of the public school system. Everything else is gravy.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #437 on: August 04, 2013, 12:47:32 AM »
Ok. well since it seems to be bothering you, I'll try to leave the "you guys are dating" out of it. I truly don't care but you can think I do
I don't think anything of myself. my posts are a refelction of what I see happening, nothing more

I am racist. if loving my race makes me one, then fine. Just because the news media has painted everybody with a broad brush stroke as such who happens to be white, and proud isn't my problem. I'm also no mysoginist, I love women. I love talking to women, and I occasionally masturbate to adams picture,  ;)

Just because I have an argument with the duck doesn't mean I am a woman hater
I happen to think everyone on planet earth is a fucking idiot at one point or another, so that I will agree with

There is nothing wrong with being proud of being white. What you show is not pride but supremacy. :tard: too bad you fail to see the difference. Herp derp
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #438 on: August 04, 2013, 05:42:07 AM »
How does someone find pride in a generic trait? I'm so proud to be tall; I've worked so hard to be a tall person; look and all I've accomplished. I'm so proud of myself.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #439 on: August 04, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »
How does someone find pride in a generic trait? I'm so proud to be tall; I've worked so hard to be a tall person; look and all I've accomplished. I'm so proud of myself.

You miss the point. Let me cut off all but the important part.

I'm so proud of myself.

Now tweak it just a bit...

I'm so proud to be myself.

There. You see now?
I will never stop...

TheoK

« Reply #440 on: August 04, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »
Though one's self is also a result of genetics.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #441 on: August 04, 2013, 11:58:42 AM »
Something like affirmative action, yes I find that racist since I find it patronising they can't hire ie. a black person for their skill and only doing so for the colour of his skin.

Wouldn't be as much of a problem if it was tweaked to declare that the person with higher qualification gets highest priority. So in a situation of a black having greater qualification than a white candidate, they are guaranteed the job strictly for the merit of his/her skill, rather than discarded because of their race. Ironically, isn't that what affirmative action should really be doing? Ensuring education is rewarded and equal opportunities are granted?

Affirmative action- what it actually is meant to do is protect minorities from discrimination. It's a fact that very few employers actually hire strictly on the merit of qualification. A lot of hiring has to do with perceived qualification, and also the willingness of the employer to work with someone. If someone is highly qualified but the employer dislikes them, it's within their right not to hire them.

Now, it is generally perceived as much easier for a person to relate to other people of their same community. If the majority of employers start out as male, white, upper/middle class, neurotypical, it is very likely they will favour people of their similar culture- mainly because it is who they are used to working with, and who they are used to serving.

I hate it when people assume that employers hire strictly based on qualification. That's a goddamn lie. It ain't unnatural to want to hire people who you feel comfortable with (or who your team will feel comfortable with), in fact that is good hiring practice.

The only problem is, the way society was- only a certain culture of people (male, white, upper/middle class), who have been favoured for centuries, are the people in the power positions. People don't open their minds if don't have too. They prefer comfort and constancy.

Anyone of any minority knows that in order for people such as that to hire someone outside of their general community, they need an INCENTIVE. Thats what affirmative action does. If nothing else, businessmen and politicians understand incentives...it is therefore logical to apply one for the quickest results.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/pdf/race_report_web.pdf
http://www.econ.brown.edu/fac/glenn_loury/louryhomepage/teaching/Ec%20137/pager_testers_nyc_discrimination.pdf
http://rollingout.com/politics/employers-prefer-white-felons-over-blacks-with-no-criminal-record-so-how-will-blacks-feed-their-families/

Some horrifying shite.  White felons can more easily get some jobs than black people with clean CORIs.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #442 on: August 04, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »
Though one's self is also a result of genetics.

Its also the result of the burning spirit within you, and how potent you choose to let it be.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #443 on: August 04, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »
Something like affirmative action, yes I find that racist since I find it patronising they can't hire ie. a black person for their skill and only doing so for the colour of his skin.

Wouldn't be as much of a problem if it was tweaked to declare that the person with higher qualification gets highest priority. So in a situation of a black having greater qualification than a white candidate, they are guaranteed the job strictly for the merit of his/her skill, rather than discarded because of their race. Ironically, isn't that what affirmative action should really be doing? Ensuring education is rewarded and equal opportunities are granted?

Affirmative action- what it actually is meant to do is protect minorities from discrimination. It's a fact that very few employers actually hire strictly on the merit of qualification. A lot of hiring has to do with perceived qualification, and also the willingness of the employer to work with someone. If someone is highly qualified but the employer dislikes them, it's within their right not to hire them.

Now, it is generally perceived as much easier for a person to relate to other people of their same community. If the majority of employers start out as male, white, upper/middle class, neurotypical, it is very likely they will favour people of their similar culture- mainly because it is who they are used to working with, and who they are used to serving.

I hate it when people assume that employers hire strictly based on qualification. That's a goddamn lie. It ain't unnatural to want to hire people who you feel comfortable with (or who your team will feel comfortable with), in fact that is good hiring practice.

The only problem is, the way society was- only a certain culture of people (male, white, upper/middle class), who have been favoured for centuries, are the people in the power positions. People don't open their minds if don't have too. They prefer comfort and constancy.

Anyone of any minority knows that in order for people such as that to hire someone outside of their general community, they need an INCENTIVE. Thats what affirmative action does. If nothing else, businessmen and politicians understand incentives...it is therefore logical to apply one for the quickest results.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/pdf/race_report_web.pdf
http://www.econ.brown.edu/fac/glenn_loury/louryhomepage/teaching/Ec%20137/pager_testers_nyc_discrimination.pdf
http://rollingout.com/politics/employers-prefer-white-felons-over-blacks-with-no-criminal-record-so-how-will-blacks-feed-their-families/

Some horrifying shite.  White felons can more easily get some jobs than black people with clean CORIs.

What about black felons?
I will never stop...

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #444 on: August 04, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #445 on: August 04, 2013, 12:53:30 PM »

There. You see now?

No, don't see. Have a positive self-esteem, but can't remember ever finding self-worth in any birthright. It's odd. It's impossible for me to see.

TheoK

« Reply #446 on: August 04, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »
There are no more "spirits" in humans than in animals or plants.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #447 on: August 04, 2013, 12:56:50 PM »
That's lovely. :)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #448 on: August 04, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »

There. You see now?

No, don't see. Have a positive self-esteem, but can't remember ever finding self-worth in any birthright. It's odd. It's impossible for me to see.

YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF EVERTHING ABOUT YOURSELF, YOU DUMMY. >:(
I will never stop...

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #449 on: August 04, 2013, 01:15:11 PM »
:laugh: Human pride space dust for the win. Watchout trees!