Educational

Author Topic: Indiana legalizes shooting cops  (Read 1015 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Indiana legalizes shooting cops
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2013, 07:42:00 AM »
Every generation the hands of the cop are tied even more with the the potential of lawsuits and accusations of police brutality. It never fails that one cop that oversteps his bounds ruins it for everybody and causes public backlash.  Over time this has lead to many citizens hating cops and consequently cops start viewing the public as their enemy after a few years on the job. Not all cops are evil corruption mongers, but good cops are ignored because of the actions of the few bad links in the chain that are the reason laws like this are praised by certain elements of the general public. In the 1960's, it was perfectly acceptable to beat the shit out of a guy with your baton if he hit his wife, now you have to put him in the prison system where he meets real criminals and becomes one himself. Which is better, teaching a wife beater a lesson with the business end of your baton and never having a problem with him again or putting him in prison where he is trained in the ways of the common criminal and consequently becomes a chronic problem?

Only it is not a few bad cops it is a culture
i think cops are better than they used to be.  Easy access to corruption was commonplace.  Now, they have to really try hard.

I can see how being a cop, on the job, one quickly learns the us versus them mentality.  Imagine the element of society that they deal with on a daily basis.  I bet they begin to think that all people are criminals.
Misunderstood.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2013, 09:52:11 AM »
Every generation the hands of the cop are tied even more with the the potential of lawsuits and accusations of police brutality. It never fails that one cop that oversteps his bounds ruins it for everybody and causes public backlash.  Over time this has lead to many citizens hating cops and consequently cops start viewing the public as their enemy after a few years on the job. Not all cops are evil corruption mongers, but good cops are ignored because of the actions of the few bad links in the chain that are the reason laws like this are praised by certain elements of the general public. In the 1960's, it was perfectly acceptable to beat the shit out of a guy with your baton if he hit his wife, now you have to put him in the prison system where he meets real criminals and becomes one himself. Which is better, teaching a wife beater a lesson with the business end of your baton and never having a problem with him again or putting him in prison where he is trained in the ways of the common criminal and consequently becomes a chronic problem?

Only it is not a few bad cops it is a culture

Says who?

No one "says" it to make it true. It is based on observations and statistics, along with qualitative information, and whistleblowers.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2013, 11:40:22 AM »
I can see how being a cop, on the job, one quickly learns the us versus them mentality.  Imagine the element of society that they deal with on a daily basis.  I bet they begin to think that all people are criminals.
True. but this is why being a cop is fundamentally flawed. If they cannot let there emotions dictate how they preform on the job then maybe they should play in the NBA. otherwise, I understand its a necessary evil to have policemen around.

I love living in society, in the past I haven't but that's because I didn't know how too play the game that everyone else seems to be playing. now though, even though my game is sloppy I still enjoy playing it. it's fun!  :laugh:
:skywarp:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2013, 10:49:18 PM »
You're so lame. You must resort to ad hominem because you have no real arguments.

Some months ago I met a guy from a Swedish board. He is an ex military guy and has been to war, a tough guy in real life and not someone being the king of his own internet board. I told him that I have AS and live on disability. He didn't find anything wrong with that. The opinion of someone like that is worth 1000 times more than yours.

Relevance? I don't find anything wrong with that either, Lit, and yet I'm one of the people who ultimately pay for it. I'm simply pointing out your hypocrisy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2013, 11:29:08 PM »
Tbh, I don't understand why we sometimes still get involved in these discussions. We won't ever see these things eye to eye. There's nothing either could say to convince the other and I bet you're as frustrated as I am when reading the other's reply.

So why do we?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2013, 07:52:19 AM »
Tbh, I don't understand why we sometimes still get involved in these discussions. We won't ever see these things eye to eye. There's nothing either could say to convince the other and I bet you're as frustrated as I am when reading the other's reply.

So why do we?
you do it for me.
I like to hear all sides.  Simple food for thought.

The point is, you may convince someone reading the debate.  Or at least teach them to be less closed minded about their current beliefs.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2013, 11:01:51 PM »

So why do we?
you do it for me.
I like to hear all sides.  Simple food for thought.

The point is, you may convince someone reading the debate.  Or at least teach them to be less closed minded about their current beliefs.

Sure, but I'm talking about Lit and me specifically. He and I won't ever agree, it's like banging my head against the wall.

But don't get me wrong. Despite all this, I like him.

- Albert Einstein