Educational

Author Topic: Post a random truth about yourself thread.  (Read 29826 times)

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
Re: Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« Reply #870 on: January 22, 2007, 09:32:31 PM »
yeah i'm kinda obsessing about the spiritual stuff too at the moment, helps pass the time if nothing more. :laugh:

i've made more bloopers than i wish to remember, but every mistake gets you closer to finding that balance, just gotta keep trying. it is sometimes really frustrating though. :)

i keep trying to define myself somehow because i've always felt like something of an observer and entity instead of being a person.

QFT +  Witnessed

I was too hung-over to post a Sunday bit of spiritual wisdom. (That was my random truth)

But let me give it an off the cuff attempt now:  (and I am speaking without trying to be too literal, so please don't ask for references)

Sometimes I think people feel they have to somehow be good enough or perfect to be part of humanity, but that's not necessarily true.  Sometimes the guiding spiritual force of the universe reaches out to those who are floundering the most.  By acknowledging our weakness to fix ourselves, we are freed up to let the Spiritual Force do the work its supposed to do.   Being ok with yourself as you are gives the Peace that makes it easier to join with the rest of humanity.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 01:05:24 AM by driftingblizzard »
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #871 on: January 23, 2007, 12:20:12 AM »
that's very true. i'm very much not ok with myself. or i am with myself, just not with my past.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline driftingblizzard

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #872 on: January 23, 2007, 12:26:47 AM »
that's very true. i'm very much not ok with myself. or i am with myself, just not with my past.

Letting go of the past is one of the hardest things for most people to do.   Our future is not guarenteed, our present is fleeting.  The past is what defines us.  Following us into our futures like a shadow.  As the day wanes, the shadow grows long.  But if you keep looking forward, you won't see it.
However, a shadow has no effect on us unless we allow it to.  It can neither slow or speed us, but we can stumble if we turn to look at it while still walking.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 04:51:36 PM by driftingblizzard »

Graelwyn

« Reply #873 on: January 23, 2007, 03:06:51 AM »
I used to have a forum for spirituality and people looked to me for advice and guidance. I would have people on msn or yahoo just kinda gravitating towards me for assistance, and at times, it made me so angry as all I ever seemed to be doing was helping, and it drained me as I found I would absorb all of their issues, sometimes to the degree of reflecting their emotions right back at them. I suppose, when I realised that I was always ok with money and material things, but never with the love I had wanted all my life, I became very bitter and turned my back on it. I stopped bothering with my site and let it die, I lost contact with all those I used to talk to online and I vowed that I would never work for that so called higher force again. I suppose, maybe I did not take the right attitude, and one might call it selfish, but I devoted years to helping people, from suicidal people to people who had lost someone and my own life just seemed to be going nowhere outside of that.  :-\  And my logical mind could never fully accept there was any such thing as a higher force or spirits anyway, evidence or no evidence, and believe me, I have had what many would call plenty of evidence.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #874 on: January 23, 2007, 05:25:32 AM »
Whatever shuts them up. Those smacking noises drive me nuts.

Another things that really bothers me is that my mum likes to eat her food scalding-hot, so she's constantly sucking air past it to cool it down.  Same when she drinks tea; she sucks it up from the cup with a whole lot of air to cool it before it reaches her mouth.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #875 on: January 23, 2007, 06:40:13 AM »
you can't really find any evidence that can convince your logical mind. what i found was not so much evidence as it was something that triggered my memory and i remembered what i had found out was true. i was always way skeptical and demanded proof and evidence and that was why i was so miserable because i lived in a constant state of unknowing of what's gonna happen after we die and where we came from and what is the meaning of life... i couldn't wrap myself in blind faith.

we all know the truth deep inside but most of us have forgotten so that we could live lives and experience stuff. when a person is ready to start remembering, then there will be something that triggers it, could be big, could be little. what triggered me was very logical but it couldn't have convinced me if it had not triggered my own remembering of my own knowing.

Graelwyn, when you were helping all those people, you were out of balance if you weren't receiving anything for yourself. we can only give so much if we don't receive, we run dry and then who does that help? it's not selfish to want something for yourself as well. we all need to both give and receive or we go out of balance and things go to shit. :)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline driftingblizzard

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #876 on: January 23, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »
you can't really find any evidence that can convince your logical mind. what i found was not so much evidence as it was something that triggered my memory and i remembered what i had found out was true. i was always way skeptical and demanded proof and evidence and that was why i was so miserable because i lived in a constant state of unknowing of what's gonna happen after we die and where we came from and what is the meaning of life... i couldn't wrap myself in blind faith.

we all know the truth deep inside but most of us have forgotten so that we could live lives and experience stuff. when a person is ready to start remembering, then there will be something that triggers it, could be big, could be little. what triggered me was very logical but it couldn't have convinced me if it had not triggered my own remembering of my own knowing.

Graelwyn, when you were helping all those people, you were out of balance if you weren't receiving anything for yourself. we can only give so much if we don't receive, we run dry and then who does that help? it's not selfish to want something for yourself as well. we all need to both give and receive or we go out of balance and things go to shit. :)

QFT,   +1

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #877 on: January 24, 2007, 01:04:56 PM »
My skin is still bright pink and tingly, blistered slightly from an overly hot bath I took a while ago. I don't really fit in tubs well, but the hot water helps to calm my tactile issues, as they subside. The pain is not gone yet, but, at least, I'm not typing with a pencil anymore, from not being able to feel anythiing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 01:09:15 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Graelwyn

« Reply #878 on: January 24, 2007, 02:29:29 PM »
What do you mean when you refer to tactile issues and what causes these?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #879 on: January 24, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »
My ejaculations have been quite volumous lately.  Also, I've been drinking nice birthday-wine.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Graelwyn

« Reply #880 on: January 24, 2007, 02:39:14 PM »
Oh, is it your bday today? or was it yesterday ? 

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #881 on: January 24, 2007, 02:46:33 PM »
It's tomorrow, but mum will be away tomorrow, so we're celebrating today.

Graelwyn

« Reply #882 on: January 24, 2007, 02:48:45 PM »
Oh cool,  well enjoy yourself and if I forget, happy bday for tomorrow.

ozymandias

« Reply #883 on: January 24, 2007, 03:17:19 PM »
Well, Happy Birthday Peter.  In case I forget about it tomorrow! :cake: :party: :woohoo:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #884 on: January 24, 2007, 03:22:58 PM »
What do you mean when you refer to tactile issues and what causes these?

Fuck that! I would rather talk about Peter's voluminous ejaculations. I'll bet money I could swallow one, whole, what about you?

Seriously, it's about my tactile sense being the only sense that gives me pure, unmixed information about my surroundings, but it bores with me sometimes and sleeps, then it hurts when it wakes up.  I've talked about my shit enough today and for the last five days I have spunked the place up with my background noise. Let's talk about something else.

OT:
"I've got blisters on my fingers" Lots of people think that was John, but it was Ringo and his triple sized sticks, that was the problem ... my blisters are from the new strings I put on my dad's guitar, which are too big for me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.