Educational

Author Topic: Post a random truth about yourself thread.  (Read 29649 times)

Graelwyn

Re: Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« Reply #840 on: January 21, 2007, 01:18:16 PM »
I want to beat people into a bloody pulp when they make loud eating noises.
In the rudeness of my youth, I once BURPED so loud in a restaurant, that the sound echoed off the back wall of the place, everyone fell silent and it made two babies start crying. I'm glad you guys weren't sitting in that restaurant, that day. I probably should have been embarrrassed, at the time, but I just laughed.

I don't do that stuff, anymore!

Lol, I never stopped doing that kind of thing. A kind of rebellion against my prudish mother's upbringing I suppose. I once went to a pizza place with my father when I was about 14 or 15, and as we left and walked out onto the sidewalk, I let off a really loud fart. These 2 teenage girls walking along stopped then started giggling and my father walked off without me, the hypocrite! He was always farting then laughing about it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #841 on: January 21, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »

Now, see, as a caring father I would have just looked directly at the two judgemental teens and said, "Excuse me, I had no idea I was enjoying an audience. No need to applaud. That wasn't one of my better efforts".

At least, I hope it would happen on one of my fast thinking days.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #842 on: January 21, 2007, 01:42:02 PM »
In the rudeness of my youth, I once BURPED so loud in a restaurant, that the sound echoed off the back wall of the place, everyone fell silent and it made two babies start crying. I'm glad you guys weren't sitting in that restaurant, that day. I probably should have been embarrrassed, at the time, but I just laughed.

I don't do that stuff, anymore!

It's more the chewing noises, and the loud noise of swallowing air with the food.  My mum's terrible for that; she eats far too quicky, with her mouth half open, mooshing the air around her mouth with a 'squelch, squeee, brrrbpp' and then swallowing it with a 'glugbbbrrrrrrrree', and periodically chokes.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #843 on: January 21, 2007, 04:33:03 PM »

Ack, one of my top peeves!

Me too, but the noises don't have to be loud. Oh, and I want it in a completely nonviolent way. ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #844 on: January 21, 2007, 04:37:14 PM »

Ack, one of my top peeves!

Me too, but the noises don't have to be loud. Oh, and I want it in a completely nonviolent way. ;)
how so?

with a fork lunged into their eye.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #845 on: January 21, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »
Whatever shuts them up. Those smacking noises drive me nuts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #846 on: January 21, 2007, 04:46:45 PM »
I'm not a particularly pretty eater.  I eat like I just got out of prison- I lean forward so the food doesn't have to travel as far (to avoid messiness) and eat very fast (because I'm usually really hungry).  I don't think I'm loud, though, unless it's a loud food anyway like popcorn.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Graelwyn

« Reply #847 on: January 21, 2007, 04:48:44 PM »
My mother and my ex housemate used to make so much noise, I would strongly have to resist telling them they sounded like pigs at a trough. I abhor that sound so much.

Graelwyn

« Reply #848 on: January 21, 2007, 06:18:04 PM »
When I get rages sometimes, I react by punching myself until I bruise as it is the only way I have found to deal with the level of anger and self loathing I experience at those times.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #849 on: January 21, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »
i used to get into rages like that too, but i don't SI anymore and i have no energy for much rage anymore, but i still get flashbacks of all the stupid things i've done and i feel like shooting myself in the head. makes me feel less than worthless. but hey that's life. it can really suck. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Graelwyn

« Reply #850 on: January 21, 2007, 10:07:54 PM »
What do you mean when you say you have no energy for it now? I always got rages even when I was severely anorectic and shouldn't have had the energy. Is there anything else that helped stop yours?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #851 on: January 21, 2007, 10:36:57 PM »
it's not physical energy, it's... mental...or spiritual, or emotional energy. i just am so done with any drama in my life that i can avoid. a lot of it has just oozed out of me. OCD is still very tough, and self loathing and regrets. that's all that i can handle, and that barely. i'm pretty focused on seeing the good in what i can, it's a much happier existence that way. i used to be so depressed and nihilistic, because i was afraid there was no meaning to life, that there was no afterlife, but that changed for me and changed my whole outlook. it wasn't one of those religion saves things, i just got to know what i needed to know, because i finally was in so much pain and rage that i demanded it, instead of asking.

i dunno if that makes any sense to you, i'm pretty scattered.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Graelwyn

« Reply #852 on: January 21, 2007, 10:45:20 PM »
it's not physical energy, it's... mental...or spiritual, or emotional energy. i just am so done with any drama in my life that i can avoid. a lot of it has just oozed out of me. OCD is still very tough, and self loathing and regrets. that's all that i can handle, and that barely. i'm pretty focused on seeing the good in what i can, it's a much happier existence that way. i used to be so depressed and nihilistic, because i was afraid there was no meaning to life, that there was no afterlife, but that changed for me and changed my whole outlook. it wasn't one of those religion saves things, i just got to know what i needed to know, because i finally was in so much pain and rage that i demanded it, instead of asking.

i dunno if that makes any sense to you, i'm pretty scattered.

It makes total sense because I only improved when I got involved in a more spiritual outlook... it gave me a different perception of everything and I suppose I found some self worth in my abilities in that area and in being able to help other people. But I tend to take the wrong direction a lot. It is a balancing act I am not good at...the spiritual stuff became my obsession and I lost touch with any sort of reality...but in ways, I think I was better off that way as I did become a lot calmer and, well, more enlightened if you like.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #853 on: January 21, 2007, 10:52:23 PM »
yeah i'm kinda obsessing about the spiritual stuff too at the moment, helps pass the time if nothing more. :laugh:

i've made more bloopers than i wish to remember, but every mistake gets you closer to finding that balance, just gotta keep trying. it is sometimes really frustrating though. :)

i keep trying to define myself somehow because i've always felt like something of an observer and entity instead of being a person.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Graelwyn

« Reply #854 on: January 21, 2007, 11:30:03 PM »
I often get days when I feel totally detached from everything, including my own body lol. I only get brief shining moments when I feel myself to be a human being and a part of this world. It is quite disturbing really.