Author Topic: Post a random truth about yourself thread.  (Read 29417 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« on: April 11, 2006, 02:17:25 PM »
Jog-a-thon:

Shame om me.  when i was 14 years old my bestfriend and i developed a get rich quick scheme.

We held a fake jog-a-thon.

the first thing we did was make up false pledge forms for the local highschool that we didn't attend.  this was a difficult task since 22 years ago we only had a typewriter to work with.  next we sacked up and went door to door asking for pledges per lap run or one time donations.

this was our spiel:

knock, knock, a wing wong.

hello, my name is so and so and i attend such and such highschool.  our spanish class is holding a jog-a-thon to raise money so that we can go to mexico and distribute food and clothing to the orphanges during winter break.
would you like to sponsor me per lap, or would you like to offer a one time donation for this worthy cause?

5 Bucks here and 5 bucks there added up to a nice tidy some of money for an honest days work.  ???

and later when we needed some quick funds for a movie , lunch or baseball cards we would simply return to a few homes that made pledges per lap ran.

it is a part of my past.  stupid kids, doing adventerous things.
we got caught with the signup sheet, by my mother.
so we each had to tithe 100 bucks to the church.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 05:36:04 PM »

it is a part of my past.  stupid kids, doing adventerous things.

Ouch that hurt!  I like your mother, though.

My mother was strict like that too.  Once I took two toys instead of one after I went to the dentist when I was a kid.  My mother saw that I had two toys when we got to the car and she sent me back into the dentist's office alone to apologize and return the toys.  The lady tried to tell me I could keep them both, but I knew I could not.

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 03:21:06 AM »
I can't stand BMW drivers. Why are they always wankers? I have yet to meet one who is not a complete twat - maybe its something to do with the type of person who wants to drive a symbol of crass 80s consumerism...

Favourite BMW joke - Whats the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

A hedgehog has pricks on the outside....  ;D

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 05:45:09 AM »
I can't stand BMW drivers. Why are they always wankers? I have yet to meet one who is not a complete twat - maybe its something to do with the type of person who wants to drive a symbol of crass 80s consumerism...

Favourite BMW joke - Whats the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

A hedgehog has pricks on the outside....? ;D

((out of thread- male-basking BMW joke:? Why do men like BMW's?? They can spell it.))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 04:54:52 PM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 03:11:12 AM »
My idea of a dream car is one that looks like hell on the outside and is a finely tuned machine on the inside.  I want the doors to be rusty and of mismatching color, I want the windows to be dirty, and the hubcaps to be missing.  I want unidentifiable but unpleasant smelling things to be chalked all over the car, could be dirt, could be shit, could be blood, could be butter pecan icecream.  I want the whole thing scratched, dented, and mangled.  But on the inside have excellent handling, gas mileage, and power, and still be able to drive after a roll over at 30 miles an hour.  I'd also prefer this car be on the smallish side.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Eamonn

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:05:02 AM »
When i was a kid and my mum was making me a cheese toastie i didnt have the patience for it to be ready and my mum to take it out the grill so with much haste and little planning i put my hands in the oven to get the cheese toastie and burned my hands in the process. The scars are still visible.

Eamonn

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 10:11:32 AM »
Jog-a-thon:

Shame om me.? when i was 14 years old my bestfriend and i developed a get rich quick scheme.

We held a fake jog-a-thon.

the first thing we did was make up false pledge forms for the local highschool that we didn't attend.? this was a difficult task since 22 years ago we only had a typewriter to work with.? next we sacked up and went door to door asking for pledges per lap run or one time donations.

this was our spiel:

knock, knock, a wing wong.

hello, my name is so and so and i attend such and such highschool.? our spanish class is holding a jog-a-thon to raise money so that we can go to mexico and distribute food and clothing to the orphanges during winter break.
would you like to sponsor me per lap, or would you like to offer a one time donation for this worthy cause?

5 Bucks here and 5 bucks there added up to a nice tidy some of money for an honest days work.? ???

and later when we needed some quick funds for a movie , lunch or baseball cards we would simply return to a few homes that made pledges per lap ran.

it is a part of my past.? stupid kids, doing adventerous things.

We (me and my brothers) done something similar, selling conkers door to door and saying the proceeds were going to charity though i was younger than that. We also had a stealing run from a friends house that we called "the business" and wed ask each "how's business", meaning what loot (toys or money) did we get from the neighbours house. it came to an end when i stole a musical calculator which my mum heard and then the neighbours noticed was missing.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 04:35:53 PM »
we would walk into such and such market with a seeminly full brown paper bag.
go to the candy isle, set the bag down, and stuff it full of goodies when no-one was watching.  then we would walk out the door as if we were just window shopping.
Misunderstood.

Eamonn

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 04:52:51 PM »
Small time stuff :P, a couple of guys in my class were complaining about the class bully taking their lunch money off of them so i went over to see this guy which he didnt take kindly to so we got into a fight, i kept on decking him but he'd just get up again and again, didnt know how to give up, so i was getting tired and thought that i didnt want this ball of energy to be working against me any longer, so i said that he could keep on taking the lunch money off of his victims as long as he gave me half of it, so he became my goon.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 04:56:25 PM »
I have been paid money to pose sitting in another girl's lap for a photo which is now up on the internet.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 05:44:42 PM »
can we please get a link?
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 06:24:23 PM »
can we please get a link?
No, sorry.  I'd be fine with posting it here, but the friend whose lap I was sitting in might be a tad miffed.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 07:19:37 PM »
I got off with a guy when I was 18, out of curiosity (also, he had a thing for me and was quite attractive, so I thought I'd throw him a bone).  It wasn't gross, but I don't particularly want to repeat it either.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 02:49:36 AM »
I had an obsession with drains at the tender age of 4. I figured out how the drainnage system for the nursery worked and after infant Ingenuity I ended up flooding out the nursery and causing ?3000 worth of damage. For my 5th birthday someone bought me a drain and my obsession kinda ended after that

Postperson

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 03:19:30 AM »
after you get what you want, you don't wan't it anymore.