Author Topic: European indigenous people's movement  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: European indigenous people's movement
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2008, 12:03:53 AM »
Perhaps you would rather be called DustDawg?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »
Perhaps you would rather be called DustDawg?

Dawgs are sacred to me. I am of the holy pack, yet, alone in my howling.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »
So have I. At the celebrations I visited, I found no indication whatsoever that they were celebrating at the cost of other ethnic groups, races, nationalities, et. You must be confusing the KKK redneck mentallity zith that of a genuine nationalist.

Nope. These people were celebrating their heritage, and specifically a certain Swedish king, while bashing anyone and anything in their way. If you didn't look Swedish, you were in danger.

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean all nationalists behave like that. Your tendency to generalise this pathetic behavior as typical nationalist behavior is no better than racists linking certain types of crime with certain ethnicities. In fact, there is probably more justification for the latter than for your generalisation. Of all the nationalists I've met (and I met quite a few), I can't think of a single one who fits your description.... except for skinheads, from whom I clearly take distance.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 05:36:06 PM »
So have I. At the celebrations I visited, I found no indication whatsoever that they were celebrating at the cost of other ethnic groups, races, nationalities, et. You must be confusing the KKK redneck mentallity zith that of a genuine nationalist.

Nope. These people were celebrating their heritage, and specifically a certain Swedish king, while bashing anyone and anything in their way. If you didn't look Swedish, you were in danger.

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean all nationalists behave like that. Your tendency to generalise this pathetic behavior as typical nationalist behavior is no better than racists linking certain types of crime with certain ethnicities. In fact, there is probably more justification for the latter than for your generalisation. Of all the nationalists I've met (and I met quite a few), I can't think of a single one who fits your description.... except for skinheads, from whom I clearly take distance.

I see. Because I've seen this behaviour first-hand but you have not, I'm the one generalising? Cool.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2008, 05:56:16 PM »

There's nationalists and then there's ultra nationalists.  The KKK and Serb's and albanian's, croat's, russian's, islamic fundamentalists, christian fundamentalists, Jewish Ultra orthodox,  etc, etc, etc, etc.  Are just wearisome examples of how this type of thought goes across the board to all levels of society.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 05:08:38 AM »

I see. Because I've seen this behaviour first-hand but you have not, I'm the one generalising? Cool.

You're the one generalising, because you consider the behavior of one particular group of nationalists as examplary for nationalists in general.

There's nationalists and then there's ultra nationalists.  The KKK and Serb's and albanian's, croat's, russian's, islamic fundamentalists, christian fundamentalists, Jewish Ultra orthodox,  etc, etc, etc, etc.  Are just wearisome examples of how this type of thought goes across the board to all levels of society.[/quote]

Most nationalists that I know are actually ultra-nationalists. Hell, I even met David Duke when he last visited my country.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 06:55:37 AM »
Me, generalising? Allow me to quote the comment I made re *some* nationalists (I've marked the relevant passage with bold and red to make it easier for you).

I understand what you are saying but in America we are more specific there are plenty of organizations for different cultural heritages.  The only white only ones are the ones that think they are better than everyone else

That's what the media tells you to believe. They want you to believe that pride of one's heritage equals supremacism when it involved white people. That's just plain rubbish.

Even if it were true that all white groups of this nature are groups of supremacists, than what about all those groups that promote Jewish supremacism? Why can a Jew say he's superior to gentiles without any herassment by liberals?

The problem when some of the nationalists you have such a nave view on are celebrating their heritage is that they do it at the cost of other ethnic groups, races, nationalities, etc, and that's always wrong.

And I don't need the media to tell me how they celebrate. I've witnessed such "celebrations" first-hand. Yes, rubbish was among the words that crossed my mind.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 07:12:29 AM »
Me, generalising? Allow me to quote the comment I made re *some* nationalists (I've marked the relevant passage with bold and red to make it easier for you).

If you do not see this behavior as an indication of nationalist behavior in general, then why do you even bother to mention it? How is the behavior of a minority among nationalists relevant?

TheoK

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 09:23:26 AM »

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 09:31:08 AM »

TheoK

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
Nice song, isn't it?

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 09:36:15 AM »
Nice song, isn't it?

I can't turn on the volume out here, so I don't know....

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »
Most nationalists that I know are actually ultra-nationalists. Hell, I even met David Duke when he last visited my country.

Meeting David Duke must have been such an honor for you, Illusion.

He says that he is a "white nationalist" too.

David Ernest Duke (born July 1, 1950) is a former Louisiana State Representative, a candidate in presidential primaries for the Democratic and Republican parties, and former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.[2][3][4][5][6][7]

David Duke has taught a course in History and International Relations at the Ukrainian Interregional Academy of Personnel Management (MAUP). Duke's critics commonly refer to him as a white supremacist, but Duke says he is a white nationalist. Duke denies being a racist and says he is a racial realist and, "all people have a basic human right to preserve their own heritage."[8] He speaks in favor of racial segregation and white separatism.[9][10][11]

Duke unsuccessfully ran for the Louisiana Senate, U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, Governor of Louisiana and twice for President of the United States.

TheoK

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 10:53:19 AM »
The problem is that the "decent" politicians in Europe and America won't discuss the matter of immigration at all. If you don't like mass immigration and want something done about it, you simply have to vote for people like David Duke.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »
Can't turn on the volume? Why?

Walls have ears.

Meeting David Duke must have been such an honor for you, Illusion.

I have somewhat mixed feelings about him. On one hand I admire him for standing up against Jewish supremacism in the US and for being a skillful orator, while on the other hand I question his character for eg. having been a member of the KKK and having a girlfriend who could be his daughter.

The problem is that the "decent" politicians in Europe and America won't discuss the matter of immigration at all. If you don't like mass immigration and want something done about it, you simply have to vote for people like David Duke.

True. When everyone is corrupted, someone like David Duke seems to be the lesser evil.