Educational

Author Topic: European indigenous people's movement  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
European indigenous people's movement
« on: April 26, 2008, 05:50:37 AM »
I have earlier toyed with the idea of giving native Norwegians the legal status as indigenous people in Norway. A large proportion of my ancestors have lived here since the end of the last Ice Age, for as long as this country has been habitable for humans. The original settlers, who came from Central Europe (Germany and the Czech Republic), have been supplemented by other Europeans. Genetic traces from peoples of Near Eastern origins who spread agriculture to Europe are detectable, but until recently most Europeans were overwhelmingly the descendants of men and women who had lived in the region for tens of thousands of years.

Genetically speaking, native Europeans have thus lived longer on the same continent than have Native Americans. Many Southeast Asians are descendants of southern Chinese settlers who displaced or eradicated the original, dark-skinned inhabitants of the region in early historical times, just as many of the nations of sub-Saharan Africa are Bantu invaders who displaced or eradicated the indigenous Khoi-San peoples throughout much of Africa. Modern-day Japanese have lived in Japan for a shorter period of time than Europeans have lived in Europe. Yet a Scottish councillor, Sandy Aitchison, was chastised for using the term "indigenous" about native Brits. Why is it considered ridiculous or evil if Europeans assert our rights? Is it because we are white? Everybody's supposed to keep their culture, except people of European origins? Is that it? Why is colonialism bad, except when my country, which has no colonial history, gets colonized by Third World peoples?

Any thoughts?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: European indigenous people's movement
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 07:08:40 AM »
should we help this person out of his/her own bottom?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 09:10:53 AM »
People are too preoccupied with this shit on both sides and all it does is turn into the arguing that was around here before.  Everybody wining they are right and no giving an inch as it falls in the shady realm of political correctness where the idea is not to offend anyone  and or  that Western culture in inferior or deserves to be beat up for any past wrongs
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Teejay

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 02:12:00 AM »
Indigenous people is a term which just means those people who were before another group of people conquered them.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 04:57:34 AM »
Here in vermont there is some creature called a native vermonter, seems they believe they are special because their mommy dropped while she was in the state and if somebody wasn't yanked out of their mothers crotch within state lines they are some sort of second class citizen. It's rather entertaining to say the least.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 09:27:24 AM »
When a black person founds a movement to celebrate his blackness and advance the interests for black people only, he is celebrated and considered a noble person. When a Jewish person founds a movement to celebrate his Jewishness and advance the interests for Jewish people only, he is celebrated and considered a noble person. When an Asian person founds a movement to celebrate his being Asian and advance the interests for Asian people only, he is celebrated and considered a noble person.

Yet, when a white person founds a movement to celebrate his ethnicity and advance the interests for his ethnicity only, he is defamed and called anything from racist or hatemonger to "nazi".

There's something seriously wrong with this picture here.....

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 04:35:22 PM »
Yes, there is. Basically you got it wrong.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 05:29:25 PM »
When a black person founds a movement to celebrate his blackness and advance the interests for black people only, he is celebrated and considered a noble person. When a Jewish person founds a movement to celebrate his Jewishness and advance the interests for Jewish people only, he is celebrated and considered a noble person. When an Asian person founds a movement to celebrate his being Asian and advance the interests for Asian people only, he is celebrated and considered a noble person.

Yet, when a white person founds a movement to celebrate his ethnicity and advance the interests for his ethnicity only, he is defamed and called anything from racist or hatemonger to "nazi".

There's something seriously wrong with this picture here.....
Yes.  Irishmen, Italians, and Germans are always considered racist when they celebrate their heritage with festivals or parades.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 04:54:16 AM »

Feel free to actually provide any arguments to back up that statement. I find it peculiar how self-righteous liberals tend to be, often without even the ability to back up their views.

Yes.  Irishmen, Italians, and Germans are always considered racist when they celebrate their heritage with festivals or parades.

... and that's just when celebrating their heritage as Irishmen, Italians or Germans. Imagine the outrage if Americans of Irish, Italian or German descent start celebrating their heritage not as Irishmen, Italians or Germans but as Euro-Americans, like African-Americans celebrate their African-American heritage.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 06:30:12 AM »

Feel free to actually provide any arguments to back up that statement. I find it peculiar how self-righteous liberals tend to be, often without even the ability to back up their views.

... and that's just when celebrating their heritage as Irishmen, Italians or Germans. Imagine the outrage if Americans of Irish, Italian or German descent start celebrating their heritage not as Irishmen, Italians or Germans but as Euro-Americans, like African-Americans celebrate their African-American heritage.

Does that mean you get to celebrate that you are from fuckwad heritage?

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 06:34:30 AM »

???

For your information, I'm a full-blooded and self-conscious Fleming. We may be a powerless people in a tiny country but we do have some history to be proud of.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 06:39:05 AM »

???

For your information, I'm a full-blooded and self-conscious Fleming. We may be a powerless people in a tiny country but we do have some history to be proud of.

Why did you feel the need to tell me? I'm sure it's quiet obvious that I dont care.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 06:42:22 AM »
???

Why did you feel the need to tell me? I'm sure it's quiet obvious that I dont care.

Why reply to a topic you don't care about?

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 06:57:01 AM »
???

Why reply to a topic you don't care about?

Why not

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 09:09:51 AM »

Why would they need to celebrate as Euro-Americans?  Are you outraged there isn't a message board out there specifically for NTs (Rightplanet)?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:27:33 AM by Dexter Morgan »