Author Topic: Things that a lone man can't do without arousing suspicion  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Things that a lone man can't do without arousing suspicion
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 12:18:25 PM »
Teaching, working in a scout camp, Nursery Nurse are all things that men would get funny looks for. Pretty much any job that involves lots of work with children is going to arise suspicion.

My daughter has had lots of male teachers since preschool and they have all been wonderful.  I don't give them funny looks for their choice of profession, I respect and admire them.

Whether or not I would give a young male who was alone watching my daughter play at a park a funny look would depend on exactly what he was doing.  It would depend on whether he made me feel uneasy or not.  For example, if he was watching her very closely and he looked like he was playing with himself, I would take her home quickly.

If I saw a young male alone at a Disney movie or the fairgrounds, I probably would not give him a second glance unless he was doing something that made me feel uneasy.
Most male teachers dont deserve the funny looks etc at all, but they will get suspected of being a paedo anyway. There are some paedos teaching at schools, there were several members of staff at my school who acted in a highly suspect fashion. Its just sad that some people get tarred with the brush.
Is that the brush in your head ?
When i was at teacher training very few of the male teachers were suspected of being paedos, and if they were, they wouldn't be in the classroom.

Nope. I remember reading some articles and studies saying that men believe that they will be accused of being a paedo if they become a teacher, or enter similar proffesions.
did you find them on the internets ?
do some proper research or stop talking shite you fucking clown.
It was an article in either the BBCs education section or the guardians one, I came across it while researching for myself. Surprisingly I dont feel I have to justify myself to you all the time, if you want to find evidence to the contrary, then thats up to you.
im not the one making stupid claims about teachers being accused of paedophilia.  ::)
Google "male teachers", 4th result down. When the independent goes back online, you can read it. http://education.independent.co.uk/news/article2377711.ece

Kosmonaut

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 12:25:09 PM »
Teaching, working in a scout camp, Nursery Nurse are all things that men would get funny looks for. Pretty much any job that involves lots of work with children is going to arise suspicion.

My daughter has had lots of male teachers since preschool and they have all been wonderful.  I don't give them funny looks for their choice of profession, I respect and admire them.

Whether or not I would give a young male who was alone watching my daughter play at a park a funny look would depend on exactly what he was doing.  It would depend on whether he made me feel uneasy or not.  For example, if he was watching her very closely and he looked like he was playing with himself, I would take her home quickly.

If I saw a young male alone at a Disney movie or the fairgrounds, I probably would not give him a second glance unless he was doing something that made me feel uneasy.
Most male teachers dont deserve the funny looks etc at all, but they will get suspected of being a paedo anyway. There are some paedos teaching at schools, there were several members of staff at my school who acted in a highly suspect fashion. Its just sad that some people get tarred with the brush.
When i was at teacher training very few of the male teachers were suspected of being paedos, and if they were, they wouldn't be in the classroom.

Nope. I remember reading some articles and studies saying that men believe that they will be accused of being a paedo if they become a teacher, or enter similar proffesions.
It was an article in either the BBCs education section or the guardians one, I came across it while researching for myself. Surprisingly I dont feel I have to justify myself to you all the time, if you want to find evidence to the contrary, then thats up to you.
im not the one making stupid claims about teachers being accused of paedophilia.  ::)
Google "male teachers", 4th result down. When the independent goes back online, you can read it. http://education.independent.co.uk/news/article2377711.ece
that or i could do my own 'research'.
 :wanker:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 12:26:26 PM »
Paedophile hysteria is putting men off teaching, says Johnson
By Richard Garner, Education Editor
Published: 21 March 2007

Paedophile hysteria is prompting the brightest male graduates to shun teaching, Boris Johnson, the Conservatives' higher education spokesman, has warned. He told a conference of independent school headteachers in London that they were frightened off by the thought of "what happens if I bump into someone?"

"I think we're overdoing the whole thing," he said. "As a result of that a lot of brilliant potential male teachers think, oh, do I want to get tied up with all that malarkey?"

The result of the obsession with paedophilia was a ratio of 13:1 between female and male teachers in primary schools - with the result that many young boys lacked any male role models, he said. "Young male minds do need the intellectual inspiration of a male teacher - not because males are any better than females but it may help them if there is a male role model they can identify with who can help them with their intellectual development."

As an example of the hysteria over paedophiles, Mr Johnson cited a recent aeroplane trip he had taken with his children - where he awoke from a snooze to find a stewardess asking him to move from his seat. "I thought I was going to be upgraded and I was absolutely thrilled - but she took me to row 54 which was next to the toilets," he said. "I obeyed her - but my children interrupted, saying 'daddy, where are you going? - you've got to look after us!'" He said that when the stewardess realised they were his children, she said it was "perfectly all right" for him to sit with them but the airline had a policy that no adult could sit next to a child they did not know.

"I do think it is pretty bonkers that a man can be asked to move away from children," he added. "I don't want to bat for paedophiles but I think we ought to keep a sense of perspective over all this."

One way of encouraging more men into the profession would be to protect teachers from malicious allegations by giving them the right to anonymity while an allegation against them was being investigated.

He said the teaching profession needed to be "re-yuppified" so it returned to the standing in society it once had alongside doctors and lawyers. "For too long teaching has been seen as something that a person with a good degree from a good university would see as not for them," he said.

He added that he was "saddened" by the number of parents who came to his constituency surgery to tell him they had complained about their child's school by "storming" it and shouting at the teacher. "This kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable," he said. "We have to bring back a sense of dignity and authority.

"We need to attract more male teachers back into primary teaching and, to do that, we've got to get rid of a great deal of politically correct nonsense."

Mr Johnson also told the conference, organised by the Independent Schools Council, that state schools were shunning the "crunchier" subjects, such as physics, chemistry and languages, to bolster their league table rankings. Take-up of these subjects was rising in independent schools.

He said one of the first tasks of a Conservative government would be to change the league tables - so they reflected the percentage of pupils taking science, languages and history as well as English and maths.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 12:33:22 PM »

I think Boris has far better researchers than you, now stop being a twat or go and get some proper evidence countering mine.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 12:33:58 PM »
One of the things that would make me most nervous as a guy would be helping a lost child.  I'd be worried that if I had anything to do with a lost kid, I'd be charged with abduction or something.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 12:47:41 PM »

I think Boris has far better researchers than you, now stop being a twat or go and get some proper evidence countering mine.
sorry i must have missed your 'evidence': what do i have to counter ? That most male teachers get accused of paedophilia.. that's an hard-one.
You win.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
Talking about the van cruising the bus stops, something related and quite horrible actually happened here a few years ago. A child of elementary school age was abducted from a school bus stop. It turned out that it was a step-father, trying to get to the mother and the child was rescued safely, but what a terrible thing for the child to have to go through. He was said to have been bruised during the ordeal for trying to escape.

Our town has passed an ordinance to the effect that there must always be at least one parent wait with the child until the bus comes. Not a bad law.
There was also a scare about a car with out of county plates cruising the neighborhoods during the morning. Everyone with kids in school got a warning, with a detailed description of the driver and a picture of the car, sent home with the kids.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 12:59:08 PM »

sorry i must have missed your 'evidence': what do i have to counter ? That most male teachers get accused of paedophilia.. that's an hard-one.
You win.

Good move, Kosmo.

You're fighting with a vector-thinker.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:00:43 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »

You win.

Evidence that what I intially said can be packed up perhaps.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 01:31:42 PM »

You win.

Good move, Kosmo.

What Kosmo forgets to mention is he has an eigenvalue of 1.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 02:07:53 PM »

You win.

Good move, Kosmo.

That's basically what I am observing in your behavior. You seem to connect two points and after that, all else follows a single vector in your mind. You have everything completely figured and projected forward, represented by a single instance, you may have witnessed.
 ::)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 02:11:34 PM »

You win.

Good move, Kosmo.

That's basically what I am observing in your behavior. You seem to connect two points and after that, all else follows a single vector in your mind. You have everything completely figured and projected forward, represented by a single instance, you may have witnessed.
Or I am not used to justifying myself, maybe. Normally I dont have to, and I certainly dont have a collection of sources at my disposal. I have been getting away with not having to retort back for years now.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 02:18:18 PM »

You win.

Good move, Kosmo.

Or I am not used to justifying myself, maybe. Normally I dont have to, and I certainly dont have a collection of sources at my disposal. I have been getting away with not having to retort back for years now.
I am very competitive too.
And i don't like admitting i am wrong ( not IRL - but i dont mind so much on the internets).
A lot of people find this annoying - i would suggest you take up a sport or something (chess, poker), but a sport is better ( martial arts, tennis, whatever).

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »

You win.

Good move, Kosmo.

But now, you have encountered a massive bevy of masochistic bullshit-callers, who take you to task constantly. It should prove beneficial to you.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2007, 02:23:13 PM »

I would bet that none of my daughter's teachers have been pedophiles, but a friend's son did have a teacher who was accused and i think convicted of it and I there was a male band director in my high school who was one.  The band director had s e x with a female student who was underage.

Underage as in 17, or underage as in 11?

It was high school, so definitely not 11.  I think she was around 15 when he fucked her, but his grooming her for pedophilia had been going on before then.  It probably started when she was 14.  He was in his thirties and married.  :puke: