Author Topic: Things that a lone man can't do without arousing suspicion  (Read 5335 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Things that a lone man can't do without arousing suspicion
« on: August 14, 2007, 09:41:04 AM »
I was just reading this, and it got me thinking; what things can't I, as an unaccompanied male, do without making people suspect that I'm a paedophile?

Nougat, crocodiles and lavender hold Anthony Peregrine's attention in Drôme.

The woman behind the cash desk looked suspicious. "Are you alone?" she asked. I glanced around, to ensure I had not been joined by a coach party.

"Apparently," I said. She looked even more suspicious, and no wonder. There is something deeply wrong about a lone man of mature years seeking entry to an establishment called Le Palais des Bonbons et du Nougat (Palace of Sweets and Nougat).

I went in anyway. I had to. I was in Montélimar, which, as we all know, is the European centre of nougat production. This is neither more, nor less, impressive than being world capital of pear drops.

I wandered about entranced. I learnt of Alexander the Great's role in sugar history, admired sugar sculptures and listened to the Archies over the PA (Sugar Sugar - this place doesn't miss a trick). I smiled at children, whose mothers gathered them in rather abruptly, and thoughtlessly entered a competition to win my own weight in sweetmeats. I now live in fear of the postman staggering up the drive under a 13-stone slab of nougat.

Can I go to a park where there are young children?  Can I go to a fairground?  How about watching a Disney film at the cinema?  It seems that for a lot of things, guys need something to legitimise their presence; a dog, a kid of their own or friends, while women seem more able to do things alone without having people think the worst about their motivations.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Things that a lone man can't do without arousing suspicion
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 10:31:10 AM »
Teaching, working in a scout camp, Nursery Nurse are all things that men would get funny looks for. Pretty much any job that involves lots of work with children is going to arise suspicion.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 10:58:50 AM »
I have worked in home construction for over twenty years and even that is not safe from this shit.  Picture this a lone guy driving slowly down the road in a van in the morning as the kiddies are waiting for the bus,all I am doing is looking for an address or god forbid ask the kids to get out of the way so I can pull up to a house.  I have had the cops called on me,been followed, yelled at ect  Even worse when you knock on the door and kids answer and say nobody is home and you have to work on their addition.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 11:34:36 AM »
I read in an Ian Rankin novel, that libraries keep a record of people who hang around the kid's section, and a lot of real pedophiles do it.   

Kosmonaut

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 11:36:53 AM »
I was walking through the park the other week and sat down on a bench, then noticed it was opposite a kids playground. It was school holidays and there were a few people in there, i did wonder what they would make of me, if they thought i might be a peado.
Anyway i left, i don't like kids anyway and put these thoughts down to my paranoid nature.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 11:45:23 AM »
Teaching, working in a scout camp, Nursery Nurse are all things that men would get funny looks for. Pretty much any job that involves lots of work with children is going to arise suspicion.

My daughter has had lots of male teachers since preschool and they have all been wonderful.  I don't give them funny looks for their choice of profession, I respect and admire them.

Whether or not I would give a young male who was alone watching my daughter play at a park a funny look would depend on exactly what he was doing.  It would depend on whether he made me feel uneasy or not.  For example, if he was watching her very closely and he looked like he was playing with himself, I would take her home quickly.

If I saw a young male alone at a Disney movie or the fairgrounds, I probably would not give him a second glance unless he was doing something that made me feel uneasy.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 11:48:26 AM »

My daughter has had lots of male teachers since preschool and they have all been wonderful.  I don't give them funny looks for their choice of profession, I respect and admire them.

Whether or not I would give a young male who was alone watching my daughter play at a park a funny look would depend on exactly what he was doing.  It would depend on whether he made me feel uneasy or not.  For example, if he was watching her very closely and he looked like he was playing with himself, I would take her home quickly.

If I saw a young male alone at a Disney movie or the fairgrounds, I probably would not give him a second glance unless he was doing something that made me feel uneasy.
Most male teachers dont deserve the funny looks etc at all, but they will get suspected of being a paedo anyway. There are some paedos teaching at schools, there were several members of staff at my school who acted in a highly suspect fashion. Its just sad that some people get tarred with the brush.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 12:02:33 PM »

My daughter has had lots of male teachers since preschool and they have all been wonderful.  I don't give them funny looks for their choice of profession, I respect and admire them.

Whether or not I would give a young male who was alone watching my daughter play at a park a funny look would depend on exactly what he was doing.  It would depend on whether he made me feel uneasy or not.  For example, if he was watching her very closely and he looked like he was playing with himself, I would take her home quickly.

Most male teachers dont deserve the funny looks etc at all, but they will get suspected of being a paedo anyway. There are some paedos teaching at schools, there were several members of staff at my school who acted in a highly suspect fashion. Its just sad that some people get tarred with the brush.

I would bet that none of my daughter's teachers have been pedophiles, but a friend's son did have a teacher who was accused and i think convicted of it and I there was a male band director in my high school who was one.  The band director had s e x with a female student who was underage.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »

I would bet that none of my daughter's teachers have been pedophiles, but a friend's son did have a teacher who was accused and i think convicted of it and I there was a male band director in my high school who was one.  The band director had s e x with a female student who was underage.

Underage as in 17, or underage as in 11?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »

Is that the brush in your head ?
When i was at teacher training very few of the male teachers were suspected of being paedos, and if they were, they wouldn't be in the classroom.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 12:09:10 PM »

When i was at teacher training very few of the male teachers were suspected of being paedos, and if they were, they wouldn't be in the classroom.

Nope. I remember reading some articles and studies saying that men believe that they will be accused of being a paedo if they become a teacher, or enter similar proffesions.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 12:11:03 PM »

Nope. I remember reading some articles and studies saying that men believe that they will be accused of being a paedo if they become a teacher, or enter similar proffesions.
did you find them on the internets ?
do some proper research or stop talking shite you fucking clown.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 12:11:25 PM »

My school was a big one, so there was a reasonable chance of getting a paedophile teacher there. The teacher that really struck me as a paedo retired "due to ill health" at 50, even though it was total BS. The others, one was done for drugs, and another one gave lifts home to female students among other things.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 12:12:50 PM »

It was an article in either the BBCs education section or the guardians one, I came across it while researching for myself. Surprisingly I dont feel I have to justify myself to you all the time, if you want to find evidence to the contrary, then thats up to you.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 12:15:38 PM »

It was an article in either the BBCs education section or the guardians one, I came across it while researching for myself. Surprisingly I dont feel I have to justify myself to you all the time, if you want to find evidence to the contrary, then thats up to you.
im not the one making stupid claims about teachers being accused of paedophilia.  ::)