Educational

Author Topic: Things that a lone man can't do without arousing suspicion  (Read 5336 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Things that a lone man can't do without arousing suspicion
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2007, 07:47:02 AM »
1. i always wonder about people crossing the street when they see a black man or whatever, don't think it's really weird to cross the street all of a sudden? i'd be too mortified to cross the street if i saw someone i was afraid of. i'm more afraid of acting weird in public. i know it's sick.

2. Hardon just try being a rape victim and proving it. they put the women on trial and make them prove the rape and go through it in detail. it's not an easy thing to go through.
1. They do it intentionally, I have heard enough NT conversations to that effect over the years.
2. How about you try being someone who is falsely accused of rape. Equally as nasty. It seems we have a scenario where women are scared of men because they think they can rape them, and men are cautious of women because they know they can be accused of raping them.

i wouldn't falsely accuse someone of rape. rape victims however aren't given that many choices.

but you're right. both have something to be afraid of. men of being accused and women of ending up the accusers.
I know you wouldnt, but there are lots of unscruplous people out there. For a man to be safe in the UK, they would need to carry breathilzers to show that the woman was not drunk, consent forms, and a video camera to record that the woman didnt say stop in the middle of it. You see the problem.
paranoia - it's all in your head.  :hide:
That is what you would legally have to do to be sure of being safe. Of course if you can trust the woman then you wouldnt have to go to that level.
Or if you werent paranoid.
No more paranoid than you. Asides I was just making a point about how screwed up the rape laws are in the country.
I have schizoid personality type so yes you probably are less paranoid than me.
I thought rape was beyond reasonable doubt in this country. I don't know. I may be wrong, in which case you win - i don't know what the prize is but im trying to make some £ on the horse racing at the moment.
Obviously i am not going to get into an intrawebs arguement.  :LOL:

Here, too, but that's the part that rips victims to shreds, emotionally, destroys their dignity, and prevents many from making an accusation in the first place - even after the horrid event has happened to them and there is a true criminal who deserves to burn in public.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2007, 08:04:26 AM »
1. i always wonder about people crossing the street when they see a black man or whatever, don't think it's really weird to cross the street all of a sudden? i'd be too mortified to cross the street if i saw someone i was afraid of. i'm more afraid of acting weird in public. i know it's sick.

2. Hardon just try being a rape victim and proving it. they put the women on trial and make them prove the rape and go through it in detail. it's not an easy thing to go through.
1. They do it intentionally, I have heard enough NT conversations to that effect over the years.
2. How about you try being someone who is falsely accused of rape. Equally as nasty. It seems we have a scenario where women are scared of men because they think they can rape them, and men are cautious of women because they know they can be accused of raping them.

i wouldn't falsely accuse someone of rape. rape victims however aren't given that many choices.

but you're right. both have something to be afraid of. men of being accused and women of ending up the accusers.
I know you wouldnt, but there are lots of unscruplous people out there. For a man to be safe in the UK, they would need to carry breathilzers to show that the woman was not drunk, consent forms, and a video camera to record that the woman didnt say stop in the middle of it. You see the problem.
That is what you would legally have to do to be sure of being safe. Of course if you can trust the woman then you wouldnt have to go to that level.
No more paranoid than you. Asides I was just making a point about how screwed up the rape laws are in the country.
I thought rape was beyond reasonable doubt in this country. I don't know. I may be wrong, in which case you win - i don't know what the prize is but im trying to make some £ on the horse racing at the moment.
The problem is that the system uses Juries. Given that half of your "peers" are going to have an IQ of under 100 and are not going to understand the evidence properly I would be worried about any Jury based trial.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2007, 09:09:29 AM »

The problem is that the system uses Juries. Given that half of your "peers" are going to have an IQ of under 100 and are not going to understand the evidence properly I would be worried about any Jury based trial.
I wouldn't be worrying about the members of the juries IQ#.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »
The way things are in some places, many fathers are afraid to hug their children in public for fear of being accused of molesting them. It's insane. What, with all the pointless lawsuits and paranoia. Legislation needs to be put in place to protect people from false accusations, yet protect children at the same time.

I'm still waiting for women who give false rape accusations to be publicly identified and sent to prison.
And for drunken consent?

If you're drunk enough, your inhibitions go out of the window. It's your fault for getting drunk in the first place. If both people are drunk, then neither can be blamed, really. But sober people should know better than to take advantage of drunks.

this fat chick once took advantage of me when i was drunk.  she had all of her friends peer pressure me.

you're so irresistable.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2007, 09:13:20 AM »
you shouldn't have sex with someone you don't trust. have some brains, Hardon.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »
People change.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2007, 11:12:04 AM »
People change.

We know and we are keeping our fingers crossed for you.

:crossed:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2007, 11:59:22 AM »
People change.

We know and we are keeping our fingers crossed for you.

:crossed:
baw-haw!  :laugh:
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2007, 03:07:40 PM »

Glaringly obvious.

Notice how everyone tiptoed past my response? Can't be bothered with reality when we are bullshitting about hypotheticals.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2007, 03:30:13 PM »

I wouldn't be worrying about the members of the juries IQ#.

That's because you're too stupid to worry you asshole.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2007, 03:31:56 PM »

Well, at least you know you've won the KING ASSHOLE award.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »

One doesn't have to paranoid to be around you because one can always count on you being an asshole.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name