Author Topic: The criminal parts of the Koran  (Read 7274 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: The criminal parts of the Koran
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 02:58:01 AM »
Not hugged. "huged"- its a process I invented in my struggle to take over the world.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=3580.msg148906#msg148906

'huged' sounds like it makes them larger.
Mines kind of snoozy right now.

Well I didn't pick you out as a victim, I need some standards for what I can work with  :P

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 02:59:12 AM »
Not hugged. "huged"- its a process I invented in my struggle to take over the world.

What is this? I'm the only one in the Aspie Elite that isn't part of the Worldwide Mad Deadly Lowest Communist Gangster Computer God's gangsterisation through Frankenstein controls.  :'(

Gee, I thought you said you were fluent in English?

Well I didn't pick you out as a victim, I need some standards for what I can work with  :P

Ah, and mine's certainly non-standard.
That, and I'm not gay. Oh well.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 03:00:23 AM »

Ah, and mine's certainly sub-standard.

Fixed.

Litigious

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 03:06:25 AM »

What is this? I'm the only one in the Aspie Elite that isn't part of the Worldwide Mad Deadly Lowest Communist Gangster Computer God's gangsterisation through Frankenstein controls.  :'(

Gee, I thought you said you were fluent in English?

???

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 03:08:16 AM »
You have a much better standard of English than some native English speakers Lit, imo anyway.

Litigious

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 03:09:48 AM »
You have a much better standard of English than some native English speakers Lit, imo anyway.

I know. Shima once told me that my English is about better than 90% of the English Americans write.  :laugh:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 03:12:07 AM »

Ah, and mine's certainly sub-standard.

Fixed.

Oh no, I've been neutered.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 03:30:02 AM »
If Denmark doesn't want the Koran, the Muslims should either put up with it or go back Arabia or wherever. IMO.  Well done Danish for standing your ground.  Why should they put up with a violent holy book?

You're right. If only those dastardly Muslims would pick a more peaceful holy book, like, say, the Bible. Hey, I know, let's FORCE them!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 04:08:36 AM »
I don't think a lot of Danes are mad on the bible either, no?  I think Muslims should be forced to live by the rules of a country, if they want to live in that country.  Wouldn't a western be forced to live by their rules if they emigreated to a Muslim country?

Litigious

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 04:12:45 AM »
I don't think a lot of Danes are mad on the bible either, no?  I think Muslims should be forced to live by the rules of a country, if they want to live in that country.  Wouldn't a western be forced to live by their rules if they emigreated to a Muslim country?

They would actually be free to be Christian in most Arab countries, but they would have no chance whatsoever to impose western values or legislation upon the country in question.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2007, 04:40:12 AM »

The Muslims are forced to live by their rules. The same ones as the Danes follow.

The question here wasn't about some Muslims trying to dodge the Danish law, it was about some Islamobobics in Denmark trying to outlaw the Koran. I wonder if most Danes even know about the violence in the Old Testament... ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2007, 04:44:37 AM »
The Old Testament actually is more of a sum-up of the Jewish laws and history before Christianity than some kind of law book or guideline for Christians.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2007, 04:53:43 AM »

The Muslims are forced to live by their rules. The same ones as the Danes follow.

The question here wasn't about some Muslims trying to dodge the Danish law, it was about some Islamobobics in Denmark trying to outlaw the Koran. I wonder if most Danes even know about the violence in the Old Testament... ::)

As violent as the bible is, it's protected under the Danish constitution, since it's part of Danish culture, whereas the Koran is not.  As an atheist, I'd like to see all religious texts and speech treated in the same way as any other text and speech, but I have no problem with the Danes enforcing their laws.  The Muslims aren't entitled to anything, and if a country prohibits their religion, they should either suck it up or not move there in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 04:56:58 AM by Peter »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2007, 05:14:25 AM »
Actually, I believe the Bible is protected by the same laws in Denmark that protect the Koran, namely, freedom of speech. The inequality that exists between Christianity and the other religions in Denmark does not give the Bible special status other than the fact that the state finances its publishing and the religion behind it.

The point here, Peter, is that the State of Denmark does not prohibit Islam. There are groups that, using various methods, try to do just that, however, but the applicable laws really are quite clear on this.

Islamophobics are everywhere, but thankfully, there is freedom of religion.

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2007, 05:23:21 AM »
Actually, I believe the Bible is protected by the same laws in Denmark that protect the Koran, namely, freedom of speech. The inequality that exists between Christianity and the other religions in Denmark does not give the Bible special status other than the fact that the state finances its publishing and the religion behind it.

The point here, Peter, is that the State of Denmark does not prohibit Islam. There are groups that, using various methods, try to do just that, however, but the applicable laws really are quite clear on this.

Islamophobics are everywhere, but thankfully, there is freedom of religion.

I doubt that Islam has the same contitutional status as Christianity in Denmark. Until the year 2000 you were actually born into Christianity here in Sweden by automatically becoming a member of the Swedish state church. The King constitutionally has to be a Christian Protestant. Not to mention that Christianity has been the "official" religion of Sweden since the year 1000.