Author Topic: The criminal parts of the Koran  (Read 7272 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: The criminal parts of the Koran
« Reply #195 on: July 02, 2007, 10:28:16 PM »

... how many of those people on your list believed that the world was flat?

I would guess only Augustine. Not positive about that even.
zoom.

hear that?

that was the point going right over your head.

The point being what? I really don't get why you'd try
to defame these men with a claim which was patently
untrue.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2007, 10:50:27 PM »

zoom.

hear that?

untrue.
you quoted me out of context.
some of these men lived in a time when the population pbelieved the world was flat.  most of the rest lived before science has learned many other things.

once we can map the human genome and use it to cure all sorts of natural illnesses, have super babies, and whatnot, then humankind IS god.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #197 on: July 03, 2007, 11:13:15 PM »

zoom.

hear that?

untrue.
you quoted me out of context.
some of these men lived in a time when the population pbelieved the world was flat.  most of the rest lived before science has learned many other things.

once we can map the human genome and use it to cure all sorts of natural illnesses, have super babies, and whatnot, then humankind IS god.

But, one must defend those that they respect.
Those men were not weak of mind, nor did they
believe what "the population" did. Like most
learned men of their times, they had pretty
good reason to know that the earth was
round. NOW, had you said that they beleived
that it stood still, I'd have felt no reason to
disagree.

Teejay

« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2007, 06:03:28 AM »

Yeah, right, as long as they don't require their own country, in which case they are severely discriminated.

Might I refer you to two facts, there was no such thing as a Palestinian people before six day war. When the PLO was originally founded it's aim was for the conquest of Israel, not self rule for West Bank and Gaza then under Jordanian and Egyptian occupation. I call them accurately Arabs instead of Palestinians.

The Israeli Arabs if they wanted to they can become full participants of the Israeli state, the Druze have already done so. There is no offical discrimination against the Israeli Arabs.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #199 on: July 04, 2007, 06:10:11 AM »
official discrimination?  official?  oh, well, that's all right then, as long as it isn't official.

(ingenuous, or what?)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2007, 08:08:10 AM »

Yeah, right, as long as they don't require their own country, in which case they are severely discriminated.

Might I refer you to two facts, there was no such thing as a Palestinian people before six day war. When the PLO was originally founded it's aim was for the conquest of Israel, not self rule for West Bank and Gaza then under Jordanian and Egyptian occupation. I call them accurately Arabs instead of Palestinians.

I'm sure they'll listen and change their ways. ::)

The Israeli Arabs if they wanted to they can become full participants of the Israeli state, the Druze have already done so. There is no offical discrimination against the Israeli Arabs.

There's no "official" persecution of Muslims in Western countries either.

But tell me, Teejay, do you support an independent Australia?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Teejay

« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2007, 08:50:15 AM »
official discrimination?  official?  oh, well, that's all right then, as long as it isn't official.

(ingenuous, or what?)

I would not be surpised if there was unoffical discrimination in Israeli society towards the Arabs. However there is unoffical discrimination aganist minority groups just about everywhere. Even in the most democratic nations, it is human nature.

Teejay

« Reply #202 on: July 05, 2007, 08:53:35 AM »

In my country there is no offical discrimination, let alone presecution of Muslims.

I'm seen an exteremist because I want governments to criticise Islamic theology which believies in the supremecy of Islamic rule and Sharia over the world, lack of any equal rights given to non-believers (as opposed to dignity of all people before God which is preached by Judaism and Christianity, which is a bedrock of human rights) and the treating of Islamic organisations who believe in as political rather than religious.

Muslims are free to practice their religion so long as they respect our customs and values* which clash with orthodox Islamic teaching. If they can't and start joining groups wanting to introduce the Sharia as law they should be kicked out of the country or jailed (much the same was done to Fascists and Communists who preached the overthrow of Democratic governments).

Democracy is not a suicide pact.

Yes to a degree, I say that because I am a supporter of a democratically elected global government. Which would require the countries becoming a part of it (it would be limited to real democratic nations) giving up their powers over trade, immigration, money, defence.

* Meaning secular law, equal rights for women, homosexuals and people of different religious beliefs
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 09:48:36 AM by Teejay »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #203 on: July 05, 2007, 05:09:54 PM »

In my country there is no offical discrimination, let alone presecution of Muslims.

I'm seen an exteremist because I want governments to criticise Islamic theology which believies in the supremecy of Islamic rule and Sharia over the world, lack of any equal rights given to non-believers (as opposed to dignity of all people before God which is preached by Judaism and Christianity, which is a bedrock of human rights) and the treating of Islamic organisations who believe in as political rather than religious.

Muslims are free to practice their religion so long as they respect our customs and values* which clash with orthodox Islamic teaching. If they can't and start joining groups wanting to introduce the Sharia as law they should be kicked out of the country or jailed (much the same was done to Fascists and Communists who preached the overthrow of Democratic governments).

Democracy is not a suicide pact.

Yes to a degree, I say that because I am a supporter of a democratically elected global government. Which would require the countries becoming a part of it (it would be limited to real democratic nations) giving up their powers over trade, immigration, money, defence.

* Meaning secular law, equal rights for women, homosexuals and people of different religious beliefs

Point is, though, that you not only want to kick the Muslims out, you want to start a new crusade and hunt them down.. How is a crusade compatible with this:

Get rid of that Koran translation. You're getting it all wrong.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Teejay

« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2007, 03:28:41 AM »

Point is, though, that you not only want to kick the Muslims out, you want to start a new crusade and hunt them down.. How is a crusade compatible with this

Let me explain, I want to kick out those Muslims who preach that secular law and equality of all before the law, should be replaced with the sharia as law (which is opposed to these notions). A lot of Muslims living in western countries accept secular law and equality before the law and pose no threat, but a minority do and they need to be deported if need be.
Here are the meanings of term crusade,

• noun 1 any of a series of medieval military expeditions made by Europeans to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims. 2 an energetic organized campaign with a political, social, or religious aim: a crusade against crime.

When I say crusade I mean the second meaning. The crusade I propose will involve wars yes, maybe against states like Iran, certainly against Islamic militant groups.

Also it will involve things like trying to change with various methods like propaganda, cutting off aid and other ties to Muslim countries with cut off of ties who do not accept equality of all before the law, genuine freedom of religion, genuine equality for women, renouncing the sharia as law or even paying lip service to it and the doctrine of Islamic supremacy over the world.

I think only Turkey has done nearly all these of those things, namely renounce the Sharia as law or even pay lip service to it. Even then Turkey does not have genuine freedom of religion, Christian converts from Islam are often jailed. It is worse in other Muslim countries, you can be jailed there for converting to another religion Islam or even executed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 03:30:42 AM by Teejay »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2007, 05:58:42 AM »
You're backing away from your original ideas with a new crusade. That's good. You still have some way to go before understanding that not everyone sees western civilization as their ultimate goal, but there's definitely been progress.

- Albert Einstein