Educational

Author Topic: 2018 in a nutsack.  (Read 9153 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: 2018 in a nutsack.
« Reply #315 on: January 17, 2019, 06:24:42 PM »

A simple question about nutsacks in general ...

Why is it that, as these horridly huge nutsacks grow larger and larger, they begin to ITCH more than ever and also become almost impossible to scratch?

Metaphor? Real life? Dunno, grow one and see!

No thank you.  My two boobs are quite enough to handle. (I'm a DD and The PR is larger than me.  I have to put not only my boobs in a bra, but hers.  Sometimes I think I'm doing nothing more than handling watermelons that won't listen.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #316 on: January 17, 2019, 08:46:54 PM »

Why is it that, as these horridly huge nutsacks grow larger and larger, they begin to ITCH more than ever and also become almost impossible to scratch?

I'd blame the lice

So, not a metaphor?

Who knows? It still could be.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #317 on: January 17, 2019, 08:50:54 PM »
:yawn: Come up with something new, will ya.

Sure. Just stop being such a FUCKING BABY

(notice - everything involving you devolves into this kind of conversation. Not everything
involving me, Scrap, Al, any other admin here ever....

That should be a clue as to where the problem is - assuming you've been too fucking
dense, wrapped up in your own warm diapers, to notice)

Straw man after straw man after straw man. Change the fucking record already.

No straw man. Just observations.

Ones anyone can see.

A lie isn't any less of a lie if you repeat it.

Nor does something become one, if the FUCKING BABY pretends it is.

Do you REALLY believe that changing people's words, obfuscating what they say, and relegating
their speech to specific, out of the way corners of the site, based upon your personal opinion alone,
when they are raising issues about how you've administrated the site is NOT an abuse of power?

Because, you haven't ever stated that, AFAIK.

There are other examples, but I'd be right curious about the mind that can do such things.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2019, 08:51:45 PM »
(1) Yes. There is no middle ground. Any action taken by anyone with extra buttons can become endless drama, can be the grounds for confected outrage.

Disagree. There are plenty of spaces, for example corporate-owned forums, where it's in the TOS that the owners can do what they want. That doesn't by any means spare them from drama. There is an endless supply of people lulled into getting personally invested in places, whether they are "free" or not. Time spent there becomes an illusion of ownership. Democracy doesn't spare a space from drama either, otherwise politics would be an uncontentious issue.  :P

I saw something on the news recently about an enormous fatberg that was discovered in a sewer, and I realized something. This place isn't a dustbin and it isn't even a sewer. It's the internet equivalent of a fatberg. Because the crap just gets stuck and never goes anywhere.

Overall I agree with you. I've been on plenty of internet forums. There are always drama llamas who get butturt when a moderator uses their buttons, and those drama llamas either get over it or they don't last long. Problem solved either way. Personally, if I don't like the way that the admins and mods run a site I will have my say, calmly and rationally, and then I'll either get over it and stay or I'll get over it and go somewhere else. Because that's part of being a grown up, learning to get over shit.

But the reality is that in I^2, the fatberg of the internet, if someone disagrees with an admins use of a button or with an admins enforcement or interpretation of a rule, that just becomes fuel for a bunch of stupid neverending grudges and butthurt and drama. And it's never let go of, and it's never forgotten.

As I said, people who refuse to get over shit don't last long at other places. What happens to people who get banned everywhere else? Guess where they end up? The one place where it's nearly impossible to get banned. I^2 doesn't work like other places, and expecting it to work like other places and for people to get over shit or leave like they do in other places, obviously doesn't work.

So a rule that works elsewhere, it's obviously not working here. Because that butthurt and spite will eventually see this place close down altogether.

Yep. The surprising thing is that the site ended up pretty much in the hands
of a FUCKING BABY who can't help but abuse the buttons though.

You'd think the self selection wouldn't have attracted the type who like to use
the admin panel for bullying.

I guess it takes that kind of drive to keep the place open though. Gotta get enough
kicks somehow.

And yet you're still posting. Fucking wanker.

You're incapable of either addressing the issues (as usual) or restraining yourself.

FUCKING BABY.

Hey, two can play this game.

FUCKING WANKER!

The all-caps thing is just SO CONVINCING.

I figure your own style of engagement might just get through to you,
when reason does not, FUCKING BABY

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2019, 01:36:33 AM »

(notice - everything involving you devolves into this kind of conversation. Not everything

That should be a clue as to where the problem is - assuming you've been too fucking

Except it is not a strawman.
In this instance this is not one person stating one opinion against someone else stating a different opinion.
The consistencies are evident, your shortcomings rather transparent and your attempts to deflect and such, rather hollow.
There is no straw.
Cal is just right. I mean it is hardly a feat of greatness pointing out the onvious but implying a different reality is just stupid.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2019, 01:38:01 AM »

Ones anyone can see.

Heed your own advice
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2019, 01:42:26 AM »
Not sure why you'd agree with them, though, considering they act like a bunch of fucking babies.

No, wait, that was your argument, right?

Odeon, you really are a projectionist

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2019, 07:26:42 AM »

No thank you.  My two boobs are quite enough to handle. (I'm a DD and The PR is larger than me.  I have to put not only my boobs in a bra, but hers.  Sometimes I think I'm doing nothing more than handling watermelons that won't listen.
:lol1:

My comment was rhetorical. I can see yours is not.
:hide:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #323 on: January 18, 2019, 10:04:11 AM »
The stats show there was a new member joined yesterday, but there's no new member. What happened there?

I just checked. The IP has been reported as spam 1996 times and originates from somewhere in the Ukraine.

The standard process at the moment (not that I agree with it necessarily) is to withhold registration confirmation until the IP can be checked, which usually ends up taking a day or two until an admin gets to it. Unfortunately most of the ones we get at the moment are spambots.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2019, 11:29:29 AM »
The stats show there was a new member joined yesterday, but there's no new member. What happened there?

Another bot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2019, 11:33:29 AM »

Ones anyone can see.

Nor does something become one, if the FUCKING BABY pretends it is.

Do you REALLY believe that changing people's words, obfuscating what they say, and relegating
their speech to specific, out of the way corners of the site, based upon your personal opinion alone,
when they are raising issues about how you've administrated the site is NOT an abuse of power?

Because, you haven't ever stated that, AFAIK.

There are other examples, but I'd be right curious about the mind that can do such things.

Oh, fuck of, you DRAMA QUEEN! You're still lying.

Incidentally, I thought you'd be at least slightly more honest than your current posse. I guess not.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2019, 11:34:24 AM »
(1) Yes. There is no middle ground. Any action taken by anyone with extra buttons can become endless drama, can be the grounds for confected outrage.

Disagree. There are plenty of spaces, for example corporate-owned forums, where it's in the TOS that the owners can do what they want. That doesn't by any means spare them from drama. There is an endless supply of people lulled into getting personally invested in places, whether they are "free" or not. Time spent there becomes an illusion of ownership. Democracy doesn't spare a space from drama either, otherwise politics would be an uncontentious issue.  :P

I saw something on the news recently about an enormous fatberg that was discovered in a sewer, and I realized something. This place isn't a dustbin and it isn't even a sewer. It's the internet equivalent of a fatberg. Because the crap just gets stuck and never goes anywhere.

Overall I agree with you. I've been on plenty of internet forums. There are always drama llamas who get butturt when a moderator uses their buttons, and those drama llamas either get over it or they don't last long. Problem solved either way. Personally, if I don't like the way that the admins and mods run a site I will have my say, calmly and rationally, and then I'll either get over it and stay or I'll get over it and go somewhere else. Because that's part of being a grown up, learning to get over shit.

But the reality is that in I^2, the fatberg of the internet, if someone disagrees with an admins use of a button or with an admins enforcement or interpretation of a rule, that just becomes fuel for a bunch of stupid neverending grudges and butthurt and drama. And it's never let go of, and it's never forgotten.

As I said, people who refuse to get over shit don't last long at other places. What happens to people who get banned everywhere else? Guess where they end up? The one place where it's nearly impossible to get banned. I^2 doesn't work like other places, and expecting it to work like other places and for people to get over shit or leave like they do in other places, obviously doesn't work.

So a rule that works elsewhere, it's obviously not working here. Because that butthurt and spite will eventually see this place close down altogether.

Yep. The surprising thing is that the site ended up pretty much in the hands
of a FUCKING BABY who can't help but abuse the buttons though.

You'd think the self selection wouldn't have attracted the type who like to use
the admin panel for bullying.

I guess it takes that kind of drive to keep the place open though. Gotta get enough
kicks somehow.

And yet you're still posting. Fucking wanker.

You're incapable of either addressing the issues (as usual) or restraining yourself.

FUCKING BABY.

Hey, two can play this game.

FUCKING WANKER!

The all-caps thing is just SO CONVINCING.

I figure your own style of engagement might just get through to you,
when reason does not, FUCKING BABY

FUCKING WANKER.

I never did this in all caps drama. you've regressed.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2019, 11:35:37 AM »

Except it is not a strawman.
In this instance this is not one person stating one opinion against someone else stating a different opinion.
The consistencies are evident, your shortcomings rather transparent and your attempts to deflect and such, rather hollow.
There is no straw.
Cal is just right. I mean it is hardly a feat of greatness pointing out the onvious but implying a different reality is just stupid.

Another straw man. I expected no less from you.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2019, 11:37:35 AM »
Not sure why you'd agree with them, though, considering they act like a bunch of fucking babies.

No, wait, that was your argument, right?

Odeon, you really are a projectionist

Ah, one of the babies.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2019, 12:20:11 PM »
Wondering what Cal et al see as their end game. Their arguments are as ridiculous as ever and replying to them in kind is not much of an effort. I can do this forever, but nothing is likely to change and honestly, there's no point anyway. I'm not going to change my views - I see evidence that I'm right every day - and I'm guessing they won't either.

So... :popcorn: :yawn:

- Albert Einstein