Author Topic: 2018 in a nutsack.  (Read 9152 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: 2018 in a nutsack.
« Reply #285 on: January 15, 2019, 03:27:02 AM »
Nah. I don't want to arouse the two of you more than I already have.

It could really damage your lives.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #286 on: January 15, 2019, 02:18:53 PM »
He can't, I do not think it is that he is ignorant. I am reasonably sure it is poor emotional development that his psyche protects his ego from anything remotely close to self-criticism or introspection.

It's very hard for me to think so badly of someone. I mean, being a corrupt tyrant? I can
see that - it seems almost human nature. Maybe without all the enablers, he'd be
able to see who he is/has become, and actually improve himself.

But, I often expect too much of people.

I'm so glad you two found each other again.

Funny thing. I avoided trying to agree too strongly with what Les and Scrap were saying about you,
because I thought maybe you could maybe learn to be less corrupt if approached from a less antagonistic
stance.

But yeah, that doesn't work with FUCKING BABIES.

Scrap and Les?

Yeah, I agree.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2019, 02:28:31 PM »
Not sure why you'd agree with them, though, considering they act like a bunch of fucking babies.

No, wait, that was your argument, right?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2019, 02:49:49 PM »
I've never ever claimed I'm a "bastion of good". Quite the opposite.

This is sig-worthy and really everything you need to know about odeot.

This is the closest thing to an admission of guilt we will ever get out of this Scandinavian scoundrel.

Dunc and McJ were fools for ever trusting him and turning the site over to him during the RobertN fiasco.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2019, 02:54:50 PM »
Doxing is publishing personal information on the internet.

So if I publish information specifically about who you are IRL without your consent, that's doxing.

It's not some definition that Odeon made up.

Odeot HAS made up his own definition though.

Posting the common first name of a member here who hasn't posted in over 9 years without making a connection between the username and actual first name is what passes for "doxing" according to odeot.

This is the problem with odeot in general, he makes up the rules as he goes along and those rules vary from person to person.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2019, 03:04:57 PM »
Not sure why you'd agree with them, though, considering they act like a bunch of fucking babies.

No. The only FUCKING BABY I'm worried about is an admin.

Whatever standard members do that I've seen doesn't qualify as an abuse of power.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #291 on: January 15, 2019, 03:56:35 PM »
I've never ever claimed I'm a "bastion of good". Quite the opposite.

This is sig-worthy and really everything you need to know about odeot.

This is the closest thing to an admission of guilt we will ever get out of this Scandinavian scoundrel.

Dunc and McJ were fools for ever trusting him and turning the site over to him during the RobertN fiasco.

So why are you still here?

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2019, 03:58:01 PM »

Whatever standard members do that I've seen doesn't qualify as an abuse of power.

Sorry, I forgot. You also act like a fucking baby.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2019, 03:59:13 PM »

Pretty fucking rich from the guy who resorts to Admin tools when he gets triggered and goes on a hiatus when he can't get his way, whilst coting he is not sure he should keep site open.

Noooooo.....YOU are not a baby. Everyone else are babies. Everyone else is butthurt.

Fucking hypocritical, dishonest child
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #294 on: January 15, 2019, 04:01:43 PM »

Pretty fucking rich from the guy who resorts to Admin tools when he gets triggered and goes on a hiatus when he can't get his way, whilst coting he is not sure he should keep site open.

Noooooo.....YOU are not a baby. Everyone else are babies. Everyone else is butthurt.

Ah, the butthurt one. I knew you'd show up.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #295 on: January 15, 2019, 09:43:02 PM »

Sorry, I forgot. You also act like a fucking baby.

I'm only acting. :D

Ok, that's the lulz line - which is of course where you want this all going.

But no, there's a difference. No one's suggesting that I, or any other non-admin
replace you, so that is irrelevant. Don't open up you're "what about" crap when
the issue is YOUR CORRUPT BEHAVIOR.

FUCKING BABY

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2019, 09:43:47 PM »

Ah, the butthurt one. I knew you'd show up.

No matter how much you attack others, it doesn't excuse the CORRUPTION THAT
YOU ENGAGE IN.

FUCKING BABY

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #297 on: January 16, 2019, 11:51:58 AM »
:yawn: Come up with something new, will ya.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #298 on: January 16, 2019, 05:22:45 PM »
Why do the stats show so many more new members than the member list?

Maybe the bots that register but fail the CAPTCHA become part of the statistics?
It's really annoying that you don't know. :laugh: Isn't there some admin discussion forum where you can find out? Bots that register and pass the captcha would make more sense. As far as I know, the member list doesn't display banned members. Can't you see all of your members?

Ah, but the number of people registering is not the same as the number of members. :laugh:
The statistic is for new members.
The stats show there was a new member joined yesterday, but there's no new member. What happened there?

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #299 on: January 16, 2019, 05:32:32 PM »
(1) Yes. There is no middle ground. Any action taken by anyone with extra buttons can become endless drama, can be the grounds for confected outrage.

Disagree. There are plenty of spaces, for example corporate-owned forums, where it's in the TOS that the owners can do what they want. That doesn't by any means spare them from drama. There is an endless supply of people lulled into getting personally invested in places, whether they are "free" or not. Time spent there becomes an illusion of ownership. Democracy doesn't spare a space from drama either, otherwise politics would be an uncontentious issue.  :P

I saw something on the news recently about an enormous fatberg that was discovered in a sewer, and I realized something. This place isn't a dustbin and it isn't even a sewer. It's the internet equivalent of a fatberg. Because the crap just gets stuck and never goes anywhere.

Overall I agree with you. I've been on plenty of internet forums. There are always drama llamas who get butturt when a moderator uses their buttons, and those drama llamas either get over it or they don't last long. Problem solved either way. Personally, if I don't like the way that the admins and mods run a site I will have my say, calmly and rationally, and then I'll either get over it and stay or I'll get over it and go somewhere else. Because that's part of being a grown up, learning to get over shit.

But the reality is that in I^2, the fatberg of the internet, if someone disagrees with an admins use of a button or with an admins enforcement or interpretation of a rule, that just becomes fuel for a bunch of stupid neverending grudges and butthurt and drama. And it's never let go of, and it's never forgotten.

As I said, people who refuse to get over shit don't last long at other places. What happens to people who get banned everywhere else? Guess where they end up? The one place where it's nearly impossible to get banned. I^2 doesn't work like other places, and expecting it to work like other places and for people to get over shit or leave like they do in other places, obviously doesn't work.

So a rule that works elsewhere, it's obviously not working here. Because that butthurt and spite will eventually see this place close down altogether.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass