Educational

Author Topic: Vote America for world bully  (Read 3236 times)

Scrapheap

Vote America for world bully
« on: December 05, 2006, 09:20:16 PM »
  Since there are many people who don't like the U.S.A.'s foreign policy, I figure we should have a vote on who should be the biggest kid on the block.
 I'll campain to re-elect the U.S. because:

1) We try to spread democracy, whenever it's possible

2) We try to create free market capitalism which, despite it's flaws is still better than other systems.

3) We've got real bitchin' weapon systems.

4) We're not as fucked up as those other guys.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Vote America for world bully
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 09:27:53 PM »
I voted Germany because I'm curious to see what would happen then. :laugh:

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 10:03:32 PM »
I think the USA is a bigger bully, but china is a meaner one.  And who should be the world superpower is an entirely different question.  I think the world superpower should be switzerland, or seattle.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline drewtheyellow

• Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 10:35:05 PM »
Technically speaking none of the other options besides possibly China in the distant future actually stand a chance at being superpower.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 11:12:57 PM »
Is there any equivelant to the united states on a smaller scale in history?  And I know that is kind of a vague question, it actually depends mostly on how I look at the united states, but the reason I am asking, is because I wanna know when the superpowers of the future are looking back on the united states, how will they feel about the relationships they formed with all the other nations and peoples?

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 11:45:06 PM »
The U.S. is the last of the superpowers.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline drewtheyellow

• Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 11:55:13 PM »
That is way too vague to answer. The conditions that the US is in are not similar to those that other people have gone through and I don't know what aspects of the US you really want to look over and how far back in history you would care to look at.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 12:53:40 AM »
Yeah I know, I don't want to go into the details of what criteria i mean.

The thing is, as far as dominant powers go, the united states has been the least assholish i've heard of.  Every other dominant power through time, when disrespect is shown, they retailiate like a petty child.  And american to a large degree tolerates a lot of the disrespect shown to it.  Much larger than I've ever heard of, but I am infinitely ignorant.  So I may not know of a equivilant dominant power in history that tolerated this much disrespect.

Litigious

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 02:24:16 AM »
I voted for U.S.A., since you're no cowards like most European countries are. Non-western countries are out of the question.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 04:47:19 AM »
I voted "other". I'd choose Finland.  :police:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 04:56:06 AM »
Well, they're more competent than Sweden, anyhow.

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 06:59:14 AM »
The EU, because us Europeans are more civilized and show more restraint than you Americans. Basically, we've been around longer - we know how things work (we've already made our mistakes), and our solution to most problems is not "lets blow it up". Admittedly, the UK sided with America in the Iraq war, but the UK is unfortunately more US than European.

Also our welfare, economic and domestic policies and systems are fairer and more effective than yours. We don't have a national debt of $7 Trillion, we don't have homeless people dying on the streets, we have free health and education, and we don't have a society where half the black population are behind bars.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 07:05:12 AM by RobertN »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 07:22:48 AM »
The EU, because us Europeans are more civilized and show more restraint than you Americans. Basically, we've been around longer - we know how things work (we've already made our mistakes), and our solution to most problems is not "lets blow it up". Admittedly, the UK sided with America in the Iraq war, but the UK is unfortunately more US than European.

Also our welfare, economic and domestic policies and systems are fairer and more effective than yours. We don't have a national debt of $7 Trillion, we don't have homeless people dying on the streets, we have free health and education, and we don't have a society where half the black population are behind bars.
america is taking a wait and see approach.

you are our guinnea pigs.  we just want to see if things work foirst.  so you euros get to try it out befoore the king does it.
Misunderstood.

Teejay

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 07:42:48 AM »

The EU countries are total hypocrites when it comes to foreign policy, France especially, imagine if one of those EU countries was a superpower like the USA, things would be very different. A lot of opposition in the West to US foreign policy, i.e the war on terror and the war on Iraq is based on resentment and envy of US power, economic and military. I do actually want a real American empire, firstly you are never going to please those types whatever the USA does and secondly an American empire would do a better job of policing the world than the United Nations does.

The major economies of western Europe (Britain expected) have not been doing as well in recent decades with things like double digit unemployment, mass exodus of professionals to countries like Britain and the USA where taxes are lower. Not to mention a Muslim minority of the marginalized who in places like the Netherlands and France are rioting.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 07:45:17 AM by Teejay »

Teejay

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 07:46:25 AM »
I vote for the USA, There is no other country I would really trust for the job.