Author Topic: Vote America for world bully  (Read 3234 times)

Litigious

Re: Vote America for world bully
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 07:48:48 AM »
EU are cowards. They don't dare to clean up their own shit, like in Ex-Yugoslavia, but they're "brave" enough to whine and complain when the US do the job they should have done but didn't had the guts to.

Eamonn

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 07:54:37 AM »
EU's expanding, the US is becoming more isolationist as a result of their failed foreign policy and campaign in Iraq and China and India are rapidly growing industries and powerful armies. We have very interesting times ahead with the EU and possibly China getting more involved in areas that the US might become reluctant to involve themselves in.

Teejay

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 07:54:50 AM »
EU are cowards. They don't dare to clean up their own shit, like in Ex-Yugoslavia, but they're "brave" enough to whine and complain when the US do the job they should have done but didn't had the guts to.

:agreed:

Teejay

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 07:57:10 AM »
EU's expanding, the US is becoming more isolationist as a result of their failed foreign policy and campaign in Iraq and China and India are rapidly growing industries and powerful armies. We have very interesting times ahead with the EU and possibly China getting more involved in areas that the US might become reluctant to involve themselves in.

Well the USA's economy is as big as whole of Europe and the EU is nowhere near as politically united as the USA is. Also the US's population is growing at 1% a year and could double in a century's time, Europe's will probably remain the same or decline. I've seen demographic projections will see the average European age go to 55 I think and the US remain the same at 35 in 50 years time, compared to now.

EU is nothing more a glorified free trading bloc. India is generally pro-USA in it's foreign and besides it will be age before it will become as powerful as the USA. Once the Communist regime in Beijing are gotten rid of, an democratic China is just as likely to be a strong US ally. Essentially in the long term future I see evangelical protestantism being a major religious force globally and a lot of the so-called Southern countries become strongly allied to the USA because of their evangelical protestant populations (sub-Saharan Africa, South and Central America and East Asia, including China).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 08:02:42 AM by Teejay »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 07:57:34 AM »

i hope so, it would save us alot of money.
Misunderstood.

Eamonn

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 08:01:08 AM »

i hope so, it would save us alot of money.

Yeah but as bad a job that the US are doing i have to admit that most of the EU are cowards pulling out at the first sign of a body bag in peace-keeping areas, whilst many Islamic terrorists embrace their death so either way we're fucked.

Offline drewtheyellow

• Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 05:58:41 PM »
The EU, because us Europeans are more civilized and show more restraint than you Americans. Basically, we've been around longer - we know how things work (we've already made our mistakes), and our solution to most problems is not "lets blow it up". Admittedly, the UK sided with America in the Iraq war, but the UK is unfortunately more US than European.

Also our welfare, economic and domestic policies and systems are fairer and more effective than yours. We don't have a national debt of $7 Trillion, we don't have homeless people dying on the streets, we have free health and education, and we don't have a society where half the black population are behind bars.
Yes, of course, I can see the sophistication flowing from you. That is brilliant. ::) I mean, after all, the US has made so MANY errors compared to what European powers have done in the past and we are so indecent with the power we have all being considered.

As well, the average European nation has a deficit around the same level of their GDP as the US has. As well, your economic systems are inferior which can be noted by a lower GDP per capita, generally higher unemployment rates, as well as the greater tendencies towards subsidization and distrust of much of free trade. As well, your nations don't HAVE black people(at least not in significant numbers) so the comparison cannot be justly made, instead y'all have MUSLIM people who are having their own shit to deal with and their own economic problems.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2006, 06:01:50 PM »
Good sarcasm, Drewtheyellow.

+

Offline drewtheyellow

• Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 06:12:19 PM »
Yeah I know, I don't want to go into the details of what criteria i mean.

The thing is, as far as dominant powers go, the united states has been the least assholish i've heard of.  Every other dominant power through time, when disrespect is shown, they retailiate like a petty child.  And american to a large degree tolerates a lot of the disrespect shown to it.  Much larger than I've ever heard of, but I am infinitely ignorant.  So I may not know of a equivilant dominant power in history that tolerated this much disrespect.
Oh yeah, America is probably the least assholish. We did horrible things during the Cold War but a large part of that was due to a fear of the other power and is therefore somewhat excusable given the political climate in those days. We have done some other rank stuff as well but for the most part, other powers did worse. A lot of this might just be due to the fact that our foreign policy is often built upon isolationism and isolationists never help the world but they don't hurt it either.

Litigious

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 02:06:14 AM »
Yes, of course, I can see the sophistication flowing from you. That is brilliant. ::) I mean, after all, the US has made so MANY errors compared to what European powers have done in the past and we are so indecent with the power we have all being considered.

As well, the average European nation has a deficit around the same level of their GDP as the US has. As well, your economic systems are inferior which can be noted by a lower GDP per capita, generally higher unemployment rates, as well as the greater tendencies towards subsidization and distrust of much of free trade. As well, your nations don't HAVE black people(at least not in significant numbers) so the comparison cannot be justly made, instead y'all have MUSLIM people who are having their own shit to deal with and their own economic problems.

Muslims are usually a much bigger problems than blacks here, but the governments here love muslims. They can sit in Swedish TV and threaten Sweden and the western world with jihad without the security police coming knocking on the door. If I wrote this on a Swedish or other European board, the security police more likely would pay me attention...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 02:18:23 AM »
 :bssign:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 08:40:45 PM »
yao ming comes from china, so i say china.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 08:47:12 PM »
cha ching comes from the american oil magnates.  so i vote for american oil interests in iraq.
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 10:15:54 PM »
yao ming comes from china, so i say china.

Just because you have a gay crush on him.....  ;) ;D :laugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 10:18:33 PM »
..........and we don't have a society where half the black population are behind bars.

Niether do we. This sort of Second-rate propoganda bomb-throwing is why I can't stand you RobertN.  :soapbox: