Educational

Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14603 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »
:jaded:  I just wonder how long before this ends.    :violin:

It's a bit like a motorway accident. Yes, there's a lot of glass lying around and there are heaps of twisted metal and possibly body parts, and you wonder if anyone could have survived THAT so you stick around and watch, but as a passer-by, you are perfectly free to continue your journey when the ambulance has arrived.

Psychophant is an EMT though , he has to stick around and patch up any possible survivors.  :P

:zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2011, 03:27:45 PM »
Nowhere does anyone mention how you started threads about TCO's greatest hits, before "they" attacked you.

wut
 ???

::)

The greatest hits thread was created on 17th October.   It was after the attack on Binty / Butterflies/ Intensity which started on the 11th October on Rod's FB a/c  and  13th October on Pandora's.

It was well after.

Sorry, I got the thread names mixed up. Here's one, started on October 5:
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,18487.0.html

Here's someone impersonating TCO, started on October 11:
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,18524.0.html

The greatest hits thread was indeed started on October 17, by Butterflies:
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,18568.0.html
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »

It's a bit like a motorway accident. Yes, there's a lot of glass lying around and there are heaps of twisted metal and possibly body parts, and you wonder if anyone could have survived THAT so you stick around and watch, but as a passer-by, you are perfectly free to continue your journey when the ambulance has arrived.

Psychophant is an EMT though , he has to stick around and patch up any possible survivors.  :P

Oh, I know. That is why I thought he'd appreciate my angle.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2011, 03:29:46 PM »

And there I thought I was being clever.  :P
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2011, 03:30:21 PM »
Ive never denied attacking Steve long before Pandora was attacked. I made a thread aboutSteve, before Pandora was involved.Im not sure its relevant though.
Isuppose its pointless arguing about the rights and wrongs of the Pandora situation. I feel I had every right to say what I said, and Im unlikely to change mu mind.

I am slightly concerned by your sudden attack of moral responsibilty. Are you just concerned that Les claimed he was leaving, or are you going to start policing the board, inflicting your moral outrage on anyone who you deem to be guilty of insulting someone from offboard who you do not feel deserves to be insulted.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2011, 03:36:05 PM »
I didnt even start that thread. It was MLA.

Yes. I impersonated Steve. It was never a secret.

Psychophant

« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2011, 03:37:22 PM »

As an emt on an ambulance crew, the last thing I want to do is rubberneck.   And I will continue onward........ :M

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2011, 03:39:08 PM »
Just to add the purpose of that thread was to make links.   eris and squid spent a good deal of time talking to people on fb who had been previously informed by rod that it was full of bullies and he was squeeky clean and had not provoked any of the arguments.  it's primary function was to make it easier to show his actual posts that he denied existed.

I don't recall anything about it being constructed to annoy Les,  if it was it was it's secondary function and not one discussed in the posse of individuals.
blah blah blah

Psychophant

« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2011, 03:42:37 PM »

I do appreciate it, this whole controversy has been like a slow motion crash.   :trainwreck:

And as Squiddy pointed under the Good Samaritan law and our professional code of ethics, I am required to offer assistance any time I run into that type of situation.  The Good Samaritan Law protects me from lawsuits when I do render assistance off duty.  The law applies to anybody who does that, professional or non professional.   :police:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2011, 03:42:56 PM »
Ive never denied attacking Steve long before Pandora was attacked. I made a thread aboutSteve, before Pandora was involved.Im not sure its relevant though.
Isuppose its pointless arguing about the rights and wrongs of the Pandora situation. I feel I had every right to say what I said, and Im unlikely to change mu mind.

I am slightly concerned by your sudden attack of moral responsibilty. Are you just concerned that Les claimed he was leaving, or are you going to start policing the board, inflicting your moral outrage on anyone who you deem to be guilty of insulting someone from offboard who you do not feel deserves to be insulted.

That's a great strawman, Butterflies. Does me pointing out what I see as cold hearted and, yes, morally reprehensible actions on your part equal me starting to police the board and expressing my moral outrage on anyone?

You have every right to say what you said, in that no-one will stop you from doing it here. I have every right to point out how I see that you are muddying the waters, just as I notice you did just now. Again. In your world, the degree of involvement and blame on your side of this whole sad affair is like that proverbial goalpost. It's forever moving.

And I'm saying that moving it now, weeks after the game ended, speaks volumes. To be honest, I'm slightly concerned.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2011, 03:44:30 PM »

I do appreciate it, this whole controversy has been like a slow motion crash.   :trainwreck:

And as Squiddy pointed under the Good Samaritan law and our professional code of ethics, I am required to offer assistance any time I run into that type of situation.  The Good Samaritan Law protects me from lawsuits when I do render assistance off duty.  The law applies to anybody who does that, professional or non professional.   :police:

Oh, excellent. Wanna join the argument? We could make it last for weeks and weeks.  :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Psychophant

« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
Nah, I had my say and it's pointless for me to say more.  Nothing is going to change and this member is going to  :zip:

:include:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2011, 03:51:19 PM »
I dont see the strawman. This site is full of far worse stuff than what I said to Pandora. You happily ignore, or occasionally encourage it.

Now all of a sudden, Les has told you he's leaving over my comment, and now youve decided this is a huge deal.

Ithink youre just pissed because you actually think Les will really leave.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2011, 05:52:41 AM »
I dont see the strawman. This site is full of far worse stuff than what I said to Pandora. You happily ignore, or occasionally encourage it.

The strawman was you implying that my posts here equal starting to police the site. I'd be very interested in you trying to back up that particular bullshit.

Now all of a sudden, Les has told you he's leaving over my comment, and now youve decided this is a huge deal.

Ithink youre just pissed because you actually think Les will really leave.

Actually I've been talking to Sir Les as well as reading the old threads and realised that I should have posted more about all this earlier. Instead I was pissed off by what you did and remained mostly silent. Not completely, as you will note if you actually bother to read my older posts, so you are just wrong on this one.

Isolated, a lot of the TCO/Pandora stuff would not have merited a response. Put in context, however, I think this particular drama has developed in directions that I dislike enough to speak out. I have said more than once that I'm not always consistent--very few are--but I try to learn from my mistakes and not do the same ones more than once. So yes, I'm pretty sure there are times in the past when I should have reacted but for various reasons didn't.

But that's not how I would like to excuse myself if I stay silent or look the other way when I see something I think is wrong. Would you?

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2011, 08:17:51 AM »
Actually I've been talking to Sir Les as well as reading the old threads and realised that I should have posted more about all this earlier. Instead I was pissed off by what you did and remained mostly silent. Not completely, as you will note if you actually bother to read my older posts, so you are just wrong on this one.

Isolated, a lot of the TCO/Pandora stuff would not have merited a response. Put in context, however, I think this particular drama has developed in directions that I dislike enough to speak out. I have said more than once that I'm not always consistent--very few are--but I try to learn from my mistakes and not do the same ones more than once. So yes, I'm pretty sure there are times in the past when I should have reacted but for various reasons didn't.

But that's not how I would like to excuse myself if I stay silent or look the other way when I see something I think is wrong. Would you?
Can you please clarify what exactly it is that you think is so wrong that you need to speak out?  I am not being funny or facetious i simply am unclear if it is the insult she used,  or who she insulted,  or the fb thing,  or the TCO thing in general that has caused this reaction?   I don't intend to start going around getting into fights and slanging matches but would just like to know in case i ever do?
blah blah blah