Educational

Author Topic: Intensity Squared History Guide Joint Project Discussion  (Read 4498 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Intensity Squared History Guide Joint Project Discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 06:26:20 AM »
BTW, what was the name of Dunc and PI's autism activism site, do you remember?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 07:52:10 AM »
Only, Lucifer was never conspiring. I find the idea ludicrous. Pyraxis never got along with her. There was a similar accusation that she did stuff to WP... ::)

As I recall it, the first Intensity was often considered to be plump and tasteless. An early thread that got attention was the one about which female members the posters wanted to fuck. It made a mark at WP and OTS.

Also, Dunc's role in the beginning was that of a webmaster. He set up the site (first with a host that didn't tolerate nudes, IIRC, then on a shared host with Dunc's Drivel) but didn't really take part in McJ's more ideological flights of fancy. For that there was Omega, Eamonn and others.

Pyraxis--I thought Omega was involved with the first Intensity but maybe I'm wrong?!

Yeah, Omega and Eamonn were two of the biggest supporters. I think they were admins on IntensitySquared at the beginning too.

That's correct - the "which females members do you want to fuck?" thread was the source of a lot of the original drama about what was acceptable on Intensity and whether anything was unacceptable.

I think we're going to disagree forever on whether Lucifer was conspiring. Since you dated her and Neuroman is now my partner, we both have a personal stake it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

P7PSP

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2011, 08:21:23 AM »
Was there a world council for the original Intensity? I remember that I2 had admin elections fairly early on, but not a WC.

Yes, there was a World Council on the original Intensity that was supposed to serve in an advisory capacity whose few members were hand picked by McJagger to represent diverse views.

I can't remember all of them, but I think some of them were PostPerson, Ascan, PurposefulInsanity and SnoCone.
PostPerson and Asscan as advisors?  ??? Was Intensity trying to woo the cunty demographic?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »

The Wronged, I think it was.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2011, 01:21:30 PM »
Was there a world council for the original Intensity? I remember that I2 had admin elections fairly early on, but not a WC.

Yes, there was a World Council on the original Intensity that was supposed to serve in an advisory capacity whose few members were hand picked by McJagger to represent diverse views.

I can't remember all of them, but I think some of them were PostPerson, Ascan, PurposefulInsanity and SnoCone.
PostPerson and Asscan as advisors?  ??? Was Intensity trying to woo the cunty demographic?

Maybe that's what McJagger had in mind.

Ascan meticulously deleted each and every one of his posts here and then he deleted his account during his call-out with McJagger, so I can't suggest that you read them, but here's the call-out with McJagger's quotes of his call-out posts:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,236.0.html

Postperson deleted her account immediately after IntensitySquared's first election for administrators.

P7PSP

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2011, 01:41:50 PM »
 :lol: McJ's 2nd post is hilarious.  :plus: for the link.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »
Only, Lucifer was never conspiring. I find the idea ludicrous. Pyraxis never got along with her. There was a similar accusation that she did stuff to WP... ::)

As I recall it, the first Intensity was often considered to be plump and tasteless. An early thread that got attention was the one about which female members the posters wanted to fuck. It made a mark at WP and OTS.

Also, Dunc's role in the beginning was that of a webmaster. He set up the site (first with a host that didn't tolerate nudes, IIRC, then on a shared host with Dunc's Drivel) but didn't really take part in McJ's more ideological flights of fancy. For that there was Omega, Eamonn and others.

Pyraxis--I thought Omega was involved with the first Intensity but maybe I'm wrong?!

Yeah, Omega and Eamonn were two of the biggest supporters. I think they were admins on IntensitySquared at the beginning too.

That's correct - the "which females members do you want to fuck?" thread was the source of a lot of the original drama about what was acceptable on Intensity and whether anything was unacceptable.

I think we're going to disagree forever on whether Lucifer was conspiring. Since you dated her and Neuroman is now my partner, we both have a personal stake it.

Knowing her, I simply find it very hard to believe.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2011, 06:04:29 PM »

The Wronged, I think it was.

That was it, yes. Thanks.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 06:09:20 PM »

Randy barging in is priceless, too.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »

Okay... I'm curious what you know that makes it hard to believe. Also do you have a theory on what happened instead?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 06:55:01 PM »

Okay... I'm curious what you know that makes it hard to believe. Also do you have a theory on what happened instead?

No, sorry, I don't really have a theory. It's just something I find very difficult to believe. She doesn't have the technical know-how to conspire on that level, she didn't have the motive whatever the level (she faced McJ quite a few times, as I recall it, and I don't see why confronting him would have posed a problem then or later, when I learned to know her), and it's not something can I see her doing.

I don't *know*, of course, but she did deny it and it's not consistent with her personality. I think what happened simply happened, without malice from anyone involved.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 07:02:32 PM »
Per Neuroman, she used to brag about having techie boys in her back pocket. I didn't think she did the tech stuff herself, but that she got people to do it for her.

As for the callout McJ, my thought was that she found Nman's callout plan intrusive and unexpected. I doubt he consulted her before announcing it. I thought she didn't like coming off the worse in public when she wasn't on her own territory. It would effectively have been a popularity contest between her and McJ, which she might not have won.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2011, 07:11:14 PM »
Per Neuroman, she used to brag about having techie boys in her back pocket. I didn't think she did the tech stuff herself, but that she got people to do it for her.

As for the callout McJ, my thought was that she found Nman's callout plan intrusive and unexpected. I doubt he consulted her before announcing it. I thought she didn't like coming off the worse in public when she wasn't on her own territory. It would effectively have been a popularity contest between her and McJ, which she might not have won.

She never did make the techie boys to do that sort of thing for her, AFAIK, and I did talk about it with her. It may have been something she might have said but not something she would have done (she laughed at the idea, IIRC). But more importantly, she wouldn't have sneaked out of something like that. It's just not her thing, she would have fought McJ head on if need be.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2011, 07:35:31 PM »
Maybe. You did know her better than me.

That's interesting. I didn't think she had any code of honor whatsoever.

What I can't figure out is why the databases broke at such a convenient time, and twice in a row, and why just those two databases. I was there when Nman finally figured out how to restore the original Intensity database, summer of 2007. I don't know much about SQL/PHP but it was a really small thing, like one line that someone could have plausibly changed and would have been very difficult to find afterwards.

P7PSP

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2011, 07:42:40 PM »

Randy barging in is priceless, too.
I miss that lunatic. His ginseng/jacking off tirades were great.  :thumbup: