Author Topic: Intensity Squared History Guide Joint Project Discussion  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Intensity Squared History Guide Joint Project Discussion
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2011, 12:49:59 AM »
Nevermind. I think I figured out what you wanted fixed.

Is the now edited post more objective? Because that's what I'm after.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2011, 12:53:22 AM »
Yes, it's more objective. Gotta go, talk later.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2011, 01:00:36 AM »
You can sigh a sigh of relief now. :autism:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2011, 02:03:07 AM »
Why is it objective to leave in the bit about what Dunc thought about Alex but not the bits about who was accused of hacking Intensity?

Not that I think I stand a shot in an objectivity contest against either of you. And Sir Les is conspicuously silent. But what the hey, I'm not going to be edited here.  :zoinks:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:05:16 AM by Pyraxis »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2011, 02:05:42 AM »
Except by me.  :green:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2011, 02:22:55 AM »
Alex is really a fucking twat, though. It's the most objective thing one can say about him.

P7PSP

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2011, 02:26:13 AM »
To the admins who have the privilege to edit anyone's posts here, feel free to edit that post in the linked to thread when/if needed.
Do you really want your name on work that others have fucked with macca?

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2011, 02:29:58 AM »
To the admins who have the privilege to edit anyone's posts here, feel free to edit that post in the linked to thread when/if needed.

Not sure if I understood you properly, but it's a joint project. My name is of no importance here.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2011, 02:39:49 AM »
Alex is really a fucking twat, though. It's the most objective thing one can say about him.

No. That's just your personal dislike of him.

Taken literally, he is not a vagina. Taken in context, an insult is not an objective statement.

There's a bond of trust in this community, that the developer(s) do not actually use their ability to go into the database and change things. As irritated as I am by Odeon enforcing his will to take out the direct accusations, he does not seem to have actually edited your history post, simply asked you to change it. Remember that this is Intensity now, not WrongPlanet, and you do not have to.

With admin access on Neurolands, I have the relevant threads up in front of me right now, and could directly quote the accusations here. Dunno what's more objective than that.

But I do see the point about not repeating old drama. My original post is still here for anyone who cares to dig for it.

@Les: On backing up one's words, ask and thou shalt receive.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2011, 02:44:02 AM »
"The history of a nation is, unfortunately, too easily written as the history of its dominant class."

- Kwame Nkrumah, and just about everybody else... Per Snopes.com, there's no clear historical attribution of that quote.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2011, 02:49:08 AM »
No. That's just your personal dislike of him.

Taken literally, he is not a vagina. Taken in context, an insult is not an objective statement.

I made no insult of him in that post. But yes, I did copy/paste what you insinuate about him. I can easily also change that one next time I edit. It's no big deal for me.

There's a bond of trust in this community, that the developer(s) do not actually use their ability to go into the database and change things. As irritated as I am by Odeon enforcing his will to take out the direct accusations, he does not seem to have actually edited your history post, simply asked you to change it. Remember that this is Intensity now, not WrongPlanet, and you do not have to.

I'm giving Odeon and the other admins permission to edit that post. Your point above is basically moot.

And Odeon asking me to change something for a good reason would be the same as any other member asking me to change something in there for a valid reason.

Since the Alex bit is also not objective, I'll be happy to edit that next time.

With admin access on Neurolands, I have the relevant threads up in front of me right now, and could directly quote the accusations here. Dunno what's more objective than that.

I don't think I want to include every single bit of detail in the history thread, though. But if it's really important for us to know post a link, and we'll see.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2011, 02:51:22 AM »
"The history of a nation is, unfortunately, too easily written as the history of its dominant class."

- Kwame Nkrumah, and just about everybody else... Per Snopes.com, there's no clear historical attribution of that quote.

Intensity Squared is not a nation. It's an online forum.

And so far, most of the post there is from your own words.

P7PSP

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2011, 02:51:32 AM »

Not sure if I understood you properly, but it's a joint project. My name is of no importance here.
Conan The Barbarian books are divided into the Robert E. Howard era and the post Robert E. Howard era. When Howard was the only author - as opposed to when others fleshed out his rough drafts - the stories were better. A Tale Of Two Cities is the only book that Dickens wrote that was written as a book as opposed to in serialized form in newspapers. As a consequence it is his best work because he did not have editors and members of the public suggesting where he should take the story. A camel is a horse designed by a committee. Own the project, listen to others - but own it. Pyraxis and odeon are not in agreement, Calandale will only agree if it revolves around Calandale (that is my bias showing). Take facts that are mutually stipulated and run with them, listen to all sides and try to figure out the most accurate rendering in accordance with old posts. Read the attention whores lobbying for votes and note the difference in Callaway's posting style circa 2007 versus 2009. Post alternate views where needed and appropriate. Or tell me to fuck off and do it your way.  :hahaha:

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2011, 02:58:08 AM »

Conan The Barbarian books are divided into the Robert E. Howard era and the post Robert E. Howard era. When Howard was the only author - as opposed to when others fleshed out his rough drafts - the stories were better. A Tale Of Two Cities is the only book that Dickens wrote that was written as a book as opposed to in serialized form in newspapers. As a consequence it is his best work because he did not have editors and members of the public suggesting where he should take the story. A camel is a horse designed by a committee. Own the project, listen to others - but own it. Pyraxis and odeon are not in agreement, Calandale will only agree if it revolves around Calandale (that is my bias showing). Take facts that are mutually stipulated and run with them, listen to all sides and try to figure out the most accurate rendering in accordance with old posts. Read the attention whores lobbying for votes and note the difference in Callaway's posting style circa 2007 versus 2009. Post alternate views where needed and appropriate. Or tell me to fuck off and do it your way.  :hahaha:

If I could write a good well written book, I would. But it wouldn't be about the history of I2.

That said, your advice is sound, just not convenient much for me. What I'll do is just make sure what I submit is objective and free from bias and then post it. Best route for me for now.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2011, 02:59:23 AM »

I'm giving Odeon and the other admins permission to edit that post. Your point above is basically moot.

And Odeon asking me to change something for a good reason would be the same as any other member asking me to change something in there for a valid reason.

No, my point is not moot, because what you're proposing gives favor to admins over regular members, which is against the nature of free speech.

Your second point also makes you the sole arbiter of what constitutes a "valid reason", and honeyboy, you are not as objective as you think.