Author Topic: Intensity Squared History Guide Joint Project Discussion  (Read 4499 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Intensity Squared History Guide Joint Project Discussion
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2011, 04:35:40 AM »
Cool. Me either. What were you up to last night?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »
A couple of things.
Yes Ascan was a cunt.  I can't remember who was in the original WC but I remember a couple of my thoughts.  I wanted it to be well representative of different time zones so that members could get help on the forum when needed. And I was also interested in people who were not sycophants because I wanted to keep an edge.  Leaders who surround he selves by yes men get lost in their own glory and invincibility.  I didn't want to become that type of admin on a site which was supposed to promote the idea of people sticking up for themselves.
Post person and Asian fit that criteria....I think there were others though.

Calloway certainly remembers more of the details than I do.  She quickly became a trusted member and advocate for intensity.  I remember quickly relying on her as a mentor (against others advice).  She was an influential person from the beginning.  She deserves much credit for the entire evolution.

I had no desire to stay on as an active member let alone as an administrator.  My son was born in December of 2006.  I felt the need to give more time to my family.
So, I made some mistakes.   What I was trying to accomplish was a self sustaining democratic community which was free.  Where leaders could come and go without notice.  Things would remain he same.
But, how do you deal with the flares of drama.  People pick sides and stake claims.  And those in power never want to yield an inch.  So I got this ill conceived idea to stage a coup.  Where the current admins were de-admined by the admin for a day, shima.  I was hoping people would understand and hat I could guide this by sheer force of will.  Thinking that it is important to teach people not to yield to authority, but to, from time to time, stake heir own claim.
I couldn't control it and people got butt hurt to the nth degree.  Nobody understood.  Grudges were held.
I held trust my word an stopped posting regularly shortly after my son was born.
Intensity has been status quo for several years now.  It's a pub atmosphere.  The original idea became a failed experiment.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »
I can't be arsed to correct the misspelled or auto correct words.  You get the gist.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2013, 11:25:59 PM »
It was a nice idea but very idealistic and very naive.

There were two such experiments of note here. The first one was the one before the coup, the second a year and a half later. I do think Dunc was the one to suggest the second attempt.

I still think this place can help enable the spazzes so all was not in vain. People learn to express themselves and to take a stand.

As for the pub atmosphere, that happened simply as a side effect of the relative lack of moderation.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein