Author Topic: Intensity Squared History Guide Joint Project Discussion  (Read 4496 times)

Binty

Re: Intensity Squared History Guide Joint Project Discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »
2008 - Binty joins.  I2 is never the same again.

That has to be broken down into sub-sections as there is the Return of Binty in 2010.

Actually, Binty had more than one return.  At least five, if memory serves right  :lol:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »

That has to be broken down into sub-sections as there is the Return of Binty in 2010.

Actually, Binty had more than one return.  At least five, if memory serves right  :lol:

You deleted four accounts?

Binty

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 03:10:12 PM »

You deleted four accounts?

I've lost count but yep, probably.

Binty

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »
Because I'm bored as fuck I shall give a potted history of teh Binty on I2.

January 2008 - joins due to fancying Adam (then called Soph), has frequent arguments with him

early 2008 to late 2008 - is emo all over the place, has a suicide attempt, leaves and then comes back and possibly leaves again?

late 2008 to early 2009 - posts sporadically

summer 2009 - Binty is in full spamwhore mode, is horny after teh aspies but has a faulty vagina, cyber hooks up with Rage

winter 2009 - makes friends with Adam, has massive argument with Les that lasts years, turns on I2

early 2010 - leaves I2 to have a life

late 2010 - returns to I2 after real life proves to be a bit of a fail

Which brings me up to now  :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
this looks fun. i will do a personal timeline of retardedness too:

June 2007 - joins I2 with starbuline/sophie but doesn't post much as starb isn't old enough to stay, goes off and makes zomg

September/October 2007 - starts posting more on here and then has a massive emo meltdown / anti-wp spazz attack for several months after sophie dies

March (?) 2008 - arguments with other I2 members and leaves

* sorts life out a bit

Summer 2009 - returns secretly as Heinrich and eventually starts posting normally again

* sorts life out properly

now

midlifeaspie

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 03:48:29 PM »
 :plus: to both of you

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
Teehee.

Neurolands. The second Intensity. Admin abuse 1. Democracy trials. Admin abuse 2. The World Council. The WC Aftermath. Everyone wanted to leave.  Rebirth. Drama.

:P

There is more drama now than during the WC?

No, the WC was more focussed drama. I2's always been about drama, in addition to enabling the spazzes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 10:49:08 PM »
When was this forum set up? By whom? For what reason(s)? What's the aim and purpose of this forum? What's the forum about?

What's a good name for the first epoch/era? If Neurolands, why the name exactly?

Neurolands was supposed to be a site to help people on the autism spectrum get jobs. It was founded by Neuroman and McJagger with Tigerlily, Shima (hiroshima on Intensity) and hermit. They met on Wrongplanet in 2005-2006 while I was a mod there. Then one of the periodic WrongPlanet exoduses (exodi?) led to a huge influx of new members to the Neurolands forum (different from Neurolands Portal that Odeon linked) and the original purpose of the forum getting swept away. Neuroman set up a system where members could request and start their own forums. Sophist's Gestalt was founded this way, and kevv729's Sockpuppet Television, and the original Intensity by McJagger, and one other forum that Neuroman started for Lucifer/Vivi.

There was drama over the original Intensity and whether it was too crass to be associated with a site meant to promote work opportunities for people on the spectrum. Neuroman attempted to arrange a debate/callout between McJagger and Lucifer, who was outspoken against Intensity. Shortly afterwards, both Neurolands and Intensity went down, but Gestalt, the sockpuppet forum and Lucifer's forum stayed up. People panicked, accusations everywhere. The biggest accusations were against a hacker group called s.t.o.r.m.f.r.o.n.t. (lol, their name is still in the word filter here... there was a member who thought he was being targeted by them for something he said and then deleted on Intensity), against Neuroman (did he bring Intensity down on purpose?), and against Lucifer (was she conspiring to bring Nlands/Intensity down because she didn't want to face McJagger?).

Neuroman and hermit were the only techs, and by that point hermit had left. Neuroman fixed the Intensity database and it was online briefly then went down again. More panic, more accusations, and then Neuroman did what he told me was the greatest faux pas of his life: he told people he was trying to make Intensity safe, when what he was really doing was trying to make Intensity work. It was too late; Intensity's supporters were outraged at the concept of making a free speech site "safe".

They gathered at a temporary forum someone had set up. McJagger was ready to give up, and this was the point I stepped in: I booted him off his ass and told him to get his own hosting, get the site independent from Neurolands.

He did, and that was the beginning of IntensitySquared. He worked with Dunc of Dunc's Drivel - who incidentally used to work with Alex at the very beginning of WrongPlanet (2004-2005?) before getting disgusted and leaving. Dunc was one of the first to see Alex as what he was.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 01:43:18 AM »
Yes, this is the kind I'm after. Beautiful. Cleared a lot of things up for me.

I may ask you some more questions later.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 01:47:06 AM »
Sure, happy to answer them.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 01:50:53 AM »
Yes that was very informative Pyraxis.  Brilliant.
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 03:16:36 AM »
Only, Lucifer was never conspiring. I find the idea ludicrous. Pyraxis never got along with her. There was a similar accusation that she did stuff to WP... ::)

As I recall it, the first Intensity was often considered to be plump and tasteless. An early thread that got attention was the one about which female members the posters wanted to fuck. It made a mark at WP and OTS.

Also, Dunc's role in the beginning was that of a webmaster. He set up the site (first with a host that didn't tolerate nudes, IIRC, then on a shared host with Dunc's Drivel) but didn't really take part in McJ's more ideological flights of fancy. For that there was Omega, Eamonn and others.

Pyraxis--I thought Omega was involved with the first Intensity but maybe I'm wrong?!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 03:49:04 AM »
Only, Lucifer was never conspiring. I find the idea ludicrous. Pyraxis never got along with her. There was a similar accusation that she did stuff to WP... ::)

As I recall it, the first Intensity was often considered to be plump and tasteless. An early thread that got attention was the one about which female members the posters wanted to fuck. It made a mark at WP and OTS.

Also, Dunc's role in the beginning was that of a webmaster. He set up the site (first with a host that didn't tolerate nudes, IIRC, then on a shared host with Dunc's Drivel) but didn't really take part in McJ's more ideological flights of fancy. For that there was Omega, Eamonn and others.

Pyraxis--I thought Omega was involved with the first Intensity but maybe I'm wrong?!

Yes, the first Intensity, which was an offshoot of the Neurolands, was started by McJagger, Omega, and Eamonn.  Jman started the infamous thread (anonymously) about which of WP's females he wanted to fuck, which led to a shitstorm on WP.

Also, when Intensity and the Neurolands went down, the place where people were discussing the possibility of bringing Intensity back either as an offshoot of the Neurolands or with its own host, was on Dunc's Drivel.  This led to Dunc's offer to host the new Intensity site on the Drivel's server.  Dunc originally hosted IntensitySquared on the same host that the Drivel was hosted on, but since they didn't allow nudes, even Kevv's "artistic nudes," he changed hosts for both sites to the one with the most liberal TOS that he could find.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 03:57:23 AM »
Was there a world council for the original Intensity? I remember that I2 had admin elections fairly early on, but not a WC.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 04:22:59 AM »
Was there a world council for the original Intensity? I remember that I2 had admin elections fairly early on, but not a WC.

Yes, there was a World Council on the original Intensity that was supposed to serve in an advisory capacity whose few members were hand picked by McJagger to represent diverse views.

I can't remember all of them, but I think some of them were PostPerson, Ascan, PurposefulInsanity and SnoCone.