Author Topic: Irrigate spongy  (Read 14752 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Interrogate spongy
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2011, 07:58:27 AM »
WP stuff bores me :yawn:

can we go back to probing the newbie in our usual manner?

Why bother he already stated he was not staying, WP is all he seems to be good for. If on the other hand he planed on sticking around perhaps.
Ive received quite a few suggestions to stick around and try to work on the problems that there are between both sites  and I think that its a great idea but given the way that wp/I^2 treat each other at the moment Im not sure it would work.

I can tell already that you would do a much better job than I did.  Please do stay and heal the problems.

eris

« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2011, 08:00:22 AM »
I know that you are trying to make me feel welcome but you can now try to go back to your usual stuff and pretend Im not here

This is our usual stuff  :zoinks:

so true

midlifeaspie

« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2011, 08:01:28 AM »
Sir Les, you left me out. I'm hurt.

I dont think that it would be ethical to post it considering that some members have been banned in the past for posting pm exchanges with mods elsewhere.

Is this a practise that continues? You do know that was WRONG of those particular mods to do right? The rules and the TOS don't apply outside of WP. While you think it's unethical and a breach of that person's trust, it's NOT AGAINST THE RULES!!

Allow me to introduce you to a four letter term that I absolutely abhor; DMCA.

Technically, posting material from WP here is a violation of the DMCA and could result in a takedown notice. It would be a bullshit takedown notice, but the site could still be taken down - speaking from experience here, one of AFF's former members, Timelard, got buttdevastated when he was banned and pulled a DMCA to try and force us to remove his posts.

They're still there, by the way.

Who holds the copyright to a WP post?

If WP's TOS is legally binding and I'm reading it correctly, Alex does:

Rights
----------------------
WrongPlanet.net reserves full rights to information and content posted anywhere within the
wrongplanet.net domain by any of its visitors, members, and staff.

By posting to the forums, or any other sections of this site, you signify agreement that you
are giving WrongPlanet permission to use, modify, and reproduce your submission, in part or
in whole, in any way, shape, form, or method in which we decide to do so, at any point in
the present or future at our discretion.

Any and all information posted on WrongPlanet.net may not be copied or used elsewhere, in
any way, shape, or form, either on the Internet or in print without express written consent
of an owner of WrongPlanet.net.

Enforcement of Copyright
----------------------
WrongPlanet will enforce its copyright. If we become aware of a user's violation of the
copyright, a note will be sent to that user requesting the user to remove the infringement
from that individual's or company's website or other place of publication. If the user or
organization does not comply with this request, access to WrongPlanet may be revoked and
WrongPlanet may send the infringing individual or organization a desist letter. If the
individual or organization does not comply with the cease and desist letter, we will
consider taking legal action.

This issue came to a head a few years ago and Alex lost.  He can post that all he wants, but it isn't enforceable.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2011, 08:02:16 AM »
Spongy. Imagine the perfect date.
Does the end result involve you kissing her hand gently and gracefully declining her offer for "coffee"?

OR

Exhausted and spent in a tangle of arms, legs and tails as after you have dressed as furries and rutted like cats?

Do you have a special someone? Do they drink coffee? Do they have a cat suit?

Now I am picturing AllWhite in a cat suit.  :zombiefuck:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #169 on: October 13, 2011, 08:03:26 AM »
Questions questions questions here are a few
How many hours a day/week do you spend in your duties as a mod on WP?
What do you think your time is worth?
Do you feel you get the support to fulfill these duties from Alex and the others on the mod team?

SO?
Sorry I missed this among so many questions(seriously guys I know that you are trying to make me feel welcome but you can now try to go back to your usual stuff and pretend Im not here).

It depends on the week/day.  I try to keep an eye on most threads at wp as a normal user and whenever I come across something that doesnt look right I contact the member in question about it.
If it had to be an average( about 1 h on week days and 2 h on weekends). This may be extended if a member contacts me about an issue they´ve been having with a member/thread.

Im not sure about what my time is worth but when alex approached me with this idea I thought that it was an  experience I wouldnt normally get to do and that it could help with my naivety so I took it(A good friend of mine was also starting as a mod at the same time so that helped a little with this decision).

-Pretty sure we can all agree that alex isnt as involved with his board as he should be, however I do believe that Moog an hyperlexian are doing their best to help other users and try to make wp a better place.

So about nine hours a week not that bad but still nine hours.  Going into IT I guess you could count this as experience which would be on the plus side.  Now for a few more questions.

You say Moog an hyperlexian are doing their best to make it a better place why don't you include yourself or other mods in that statement?

You admit that alex is not involved in wp as much as he should be yet he is the one who gets all the credit and possible income from this does that bother you in the least?

What are your views on Autism Speaks and their association with wp?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2011, 08:05:24 AM »
If I was the new owner of WP, I would make a big subforum called "Arena" and throw all the emotards in there, and "lock" their  permissions and then do a bit of character building with them.

Who would be left on the rest of the board?  Sinnocent would get bored all by herself :(

midlifeaspie

« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2011, 08:06:22 AM »
Rod had an issue at I^2 and I got involved because he claimed that there was an attack about to happen on wp and it turns out that he was just trying to get me involved into something I dont belong to and i ended up being flamed. I have already apologized for this misunderstanding and Im trying to sort things out, and imo rod should do the same

Your definition of "flamed" says a lot, and explains a lot as well. 

midlifeaspie

« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2011, 08:08:31 AM »
I suggest ... Hubert

We had a mini-callout in this thread, and he simply chose to ignore or deflect most of my questions.  Would be a boring callout.

Offline V

• Good Twin of the WP Modfag of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • _________(feel free to fill the blanks)
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2011, 08:09:15 AM »
Does the end result involve you kissing her hand gently and gracefully declining her offer for "coffee"?

OR

Exhausted and spent in a tangle of arms, legs and tails as after you have dressed as furries and rutted like cats?

You cant catch up with the drama Im now "dating" Humperdinck http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf176584-0-60.html(may need to create an account to see that so if you preffer I can post a screenie)
"I love that DSM-V is acknowledging sensory issues by including it in the diagnostic criteria. However, I would like to propose to DSM that a new one be included called "DKSA" (aka "Dont' Know Shit about Aspergers")" Rudy Simone

midlifeaspie

« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2011, 08:12:42 AM »

OR

You cant catch up with the drama Im now "dating" Humperdinck http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf176584-0-60.html(may need to create an account to see that so if you preffer I can post a screenie)

Not drama.  I know things Spongy.

Also, it came to my attention that Moog may not have deleted my last thread and banned me because he is trying to consolidate his power structure.  It may very well have been for something either more or less petty, but still self-serving.  Apparently he flipped out that I outed his relationship with Tea, and banning me and deleting the entire thread in which I did it was the only way to try and keep it under wraps.  I'm not sure why he is so embarrassed, likely because she is married?

I don't know if that is better or worse.  :dunno:

eris

« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2011, 08:13:41 AM »

OR

IVe never registered or posted at WP, cant see it. Lots of people here wont be able to see it.

Are you a slut, too ? that's cool. you'll fit in here.

Offline V

• Constant Poster
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2011, 08:13:52 AM »
I noticed you made this post on facebook:

Rod had an issue at I^2 and I got involved because he claimed that there was an attack about to happen on wp and it turns out that he was just trying to get me involved into something I dont belong to and i ended up being flamed. I have already apologized for this misunderstanding and Im trying to sort things out, and imo rod should do the same

You don't need to apologize or sort things out. Rod is a liar, and he has probably fooled all of us at one time or another. You have just joined the long list of people Rod has managed to convince that he is a victim.
You came here to find out the truth, and I think you deserve a lot of credit for doing that.
None of this is your fault.

Yes.

We may have flamed you but we do that to everyone. I think that most everyone is just laughing at Steve being an lolcow and you dont need to do anything or explain yourself, No one was ever really critical of anything you did. . But stick around if you want to be challenged by people who like to debate, and not really argue ( well, some of us) in an environment where you are totally TOTALLY free to say what you want.
i was just trying to make him see that there are other ways of solving the issue that dont involve getting someone else to do his dirty work.

What can I say I have a thing for lost causes.

Like being a WP moderator?  :zoinks:

I kid , but it's an admirable quality at least you have now realised Rod was trying to manipulate you, will you stick around on here?
You can always post at both places ,use this place as somewhere to unwind or something.  :thumbup:
The reason why I was made a moderator there in the first place were those kind of posts(trying to show that im not drunk in power and I was this messed up before becoming a mod 8)), which btw werent an attempt to become a moderator
"I love that DSM-V is acknowledging sensory issues by including it in the diagnostic criteria. However, I would like to propose to DSM that a new one be included called "DKSA" (aka "Dont' Know Shit about Aspergers")" Rudy Simone

Offline V

• Constant Poster
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2011, 08:19:51 AM »

OR

Not drama.  I know things Spongy.

Also, it came to my attention that Moog may not have deleted my last thread and banned me because he is trying to consolidate his power structure.  It may very well have been for something either more or less petty, but still self-serving.  Apparently he flipped out that I outed his relationship with Tea, and banning me and deleting the entire thread in which I did it was the only way to try and keep it under wraps.  I'm not sure why he is so embarrassed, likely because she is married?

I don't know if that is better or worse.  :dunno:
Not sure of what you know but I can assure you that a_w and I were just friends(having said that Im impressed that you didnt go for the obvious choice).

Tea is divorcing her current husband(I think)and I dont know why he´d keep such a thing hidden

Offline V

• Constant Poster
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2011, 08:22:20 AM »

OR

IVe never registered or posted at WP, cant see it. Lots of people here wont be able to see it.

Im a slut at times.
The joke is on the fact that Humperdinck is a male member and we are just close friends that joke around(same as me&a_w)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2011, 08:23:11 AM »

OR

Im a slut at times.
The joke is on the fact that Humperdinck is a male member and we are just close friends that joke around(same as me&a_w)

What do you think of gay people Spongy?