Educational

Author Topic: Irrigate spongy  (Read 14747 times)

eris

Re: Interrogate spongy
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
Spongy. Imagine the perfect date.
Does the end result involve you kissing her hand gently and gracefully declining her offer for "coffee"?

OR

Exhausted and spent in a tangle of arms, legs and tails as after you have dressed as furries and rutted like cats?

Do you have a special someone? Do they drink coffee? Do they have a cat suit?

Having known people who probably would do that , the bolded part caused me to LOL.

:rofl:  :plus:

I dont get furries, but I have to admit - cat boys are cute.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2011, 06:50:07 AM »
Alex wants the upsides but not the downsides. Unfortunately he can't have it both was.

:plus: for the research.

:laugh:

Actually I was being intuitive about it and only know a tiny bit of law, but I'm glad my intuition isn't failing me. :)
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2011, 06:56:02 AM »
Spongy one thing to keep forefront in things is that both sites are different and that there is no real need for one site to emulate the other nor for one site to take on the other's values. These things in themselves are not the things that make a forum.
History and culture do.
If I was the new owner of WP, I would make a big subforum called "Arena" and throw all the emotards in there, and "lock" their  permissions and then do a bit of character building with them. Survival of the fittest. Myself and a few friends would be invited in to harden these whiny aspies up.
I would concentrate on real life issues and constructive debate and get them to think past self-fulfilling failure and inconsequential moanings. Work with what they have not focus on their ineptitudes.
But you see, as great a concept as I see in this, it would not work given the culture there.
It requires something different.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2011, 07:17:43 AM »
I noticed you made this post on facebook:

Rod had an issue at I^2 and I got involved because he claimed that there was an attack about to happen on wp and it turns out that he was just trying to get me involved into something I dont belong to and i ended up being flamed. I have already apologized for this misunderstanding and Im trying to sort things out, and imo rod should do the same

You don't need to apologize or sort things out. Rod is a liar, and he has probably fooled all of us at one time or another. You have just joined the long list of people Rod has managed to convince that he is a victim.
You came here to find out the truth, and I think you deserve a lot of credit for doing that.
None of this is your fault.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2011, 07:18:45 AM »

Rod had an issue at I^2 and I got involved because he claimed that there was an attack about to happen on wp and it turns out that he was just trying to get me involved into something I dont belong to and i ended up being flamed. I have already apologized for this misunderstanding and Im trying to sort things out, and imo rod should do the same

You don't need to apologize or sort things out. Rod is a liar, and he has probably fooled all of us at one time or another. You have just joined the long list of people Rod has managed to convince that he is a victim.
You came here to find out the truth, and I think you deserve a lot of credit for doing that.

:agreed:

Spongy one thing to keep forefront in things is that both sites are different and that there is no real need for one site to emulate the other nor for one site to take on the other's values. These things in themselves are not the things that make a forum.
History and culture do.
If I was the new owner of WP, I would make a big subforum called "Arena" and throw all the emotards in there, and "lock" their  permissions and then do a bit of character building with them. Survival of the fittest. Myself and a few friends would be invited in to harden these whiny aspies up.
I would concentrate on real life issues and constructive debate and get them to think past self-fulfilling failure and inconsequential moanings. Work with what they have not focus on their ineptitudes.
But you see, as great a concept as I see in this, it would not work given the culture there.
It requires something different.

May I suggest you take a leaf out of Jigsaw's book?  :evillaugh:

Spongy. Imagine the perfect date.
Does the end result involve you kissing her hand gently and gracefully declining her offer for "coffee"?

OR

Exhausted and spent in a tangle of arms, legs and tails as after you have dressed as furries and rutted like cats?

Do you have a special someone? Do they drink coffee? Do they have a cat suit?

Having known people who probably would do that , the bolded part caused me to LOL.

:rofl:  :plus:

I dont get furries, but I have to admit - cat boys are cute.

It's certainly an odd thing.  :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

eris

« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2011, 07:27:58 AM »

Yes.

We may have flamed you but we do that to everyone. I think that most everyone is just laughing at Steve being an lolcow and you dont need to do anything or explain yourself, No one was ever really critical of anything you did. . But stick around if you want to be challenged by people who like to debate, and not really argue ( well, some of us) in an environment where you are totally TOTALLY free to say what you want.

Offline V

• Good Twin of the WP Modfag of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • _________(feel free to fill the blanks)
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2011, 07:30:22 AM »

Yes.

We may have flamed you but we do that to everyone. I think that most everyone is just laughing at Steve being an lolcow and you dont need to do anything or explain yourself, No one was ever really critical of anything you did. . But stick around if you want to be challenged by people who like to debate, and not really argue ( well, some of us) in an environment where you are totally TOTALLY free to say what you want.
i was just trying to make him see that there are other ways of solving the issue that dont involve getting someone else to do his dirty work.

What can I say I have a thing for lost causes.
"I love that DSM-V is acknowledging sensory issues by including it in the diagnostic criteria. However, I would like to propose to DSM that a new one be included called "DKSA" (aka "Dont' Know Shit about Aspergers")" Rudy Simone

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2011, 07:33:48 AM »

Yes.

i was just trying to make him see that there are other ways of solving the issue that dont involve getting someone else to do his dirty work.

What can I say I have a thing for lost causes.

Like being a WP moderator?  :zoinks:

I kid , but it's an admirable quality at least you have now realised Rod was trying to manipulate you, will you stick around on here?
You can always post at both places ,use this place as somewhere to unwind or something.  :thumbup:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

eris

« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2011, 07:37:10 AM »
"getting someone else to do his dirty work'

Yes that is what he wants, and he wants others to fight his battles for him. And then he doesnt take responsibility for the things he does.

This all started a few weeks ago when steve kept saying this same thing, over and over, big effing peters. It wasn't funny. This was an attempt to mock a member here, but in effect, what it did was make him CONSTANTLY TALK ABOUT PENIS :D

You can see our dilemma, as that is fucking hilarious.

It all went downhill from there. He physically threatened Butterflies, a female, and also said some bad things about the holocaust. Then he blamed the person that originally coined the meme for everything, and got mad at everyone that didn't stick up for him.

Good shit :D But, getting old. Next week we will all start picking on someone else. :)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2011, 07:38:45 AM »
Yes mainly heated discussion and intellectual endevours punctuated by toilet humour is what drives this forum.
Callouts are a simply a way of reaching out and textually shaking hands and rubbing shoulders.
I suggest Odeon, PPK and Hubert are particularly soft touches here. All the new guys have a callout when they join.
I would strongly suggest you look at the person, out of these, you would most like to argue with and line them up and go to the callout section to hone your flaming skills. Once you take these three out then you can work your way up to Couldbecousin and Queen Victoria and Renaeden. It is all good fun and you will be fine
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2011, 07:45:57 AM »
Yes mainly heated discussion and intellectual endevours punctuated by toilet humour is what drives this forum.
Callouts are a simply a way of reaching out and textually shaking hands and rubbing shoulders.
I suggest Odeon, PPK and Hubert are particularly soft touches here. All the new guys have a callout when they join.
I would strongly suggest you look at the person, out of these, you would most like to argue with and line them up and go to the callout section to hone your flaming skills. Once you take these three out then you can work your way up to Couldbecousin and Queen Victoria and Renaeden. It is all good fun and you will be fine

I've been wondering. Has any newbie ever followed your suggestion promptly? :autism:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2011, 07:47:44 AM »

I've been wondering. Has any newbie ever followed your suggestion promptly? :autism:

Not yet, but I am a patient man

midlifeaspie

« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2011, 07:52:17 AM »
You are probably right. however alex has a thing against personal accusations and posting about him being abusive on his own board was asking that post to dissapear(considering his previous attitude towards this kind of things).

You are a good company man Spongy  :thumbup:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2011, 07:54:48 AM »
Uh, he deleted the whole thread, though. Why not just that controversial post?
The why of the matter is simple. The post was noticed because it was quoted and brought current. It was an old post in a very old thread. Deleting the entire thread is easier than searching the entire thread to see if it had ever been quoted before.

While it was an old post in an old thread, the thread was stickied and was last posted in only a couple of days before the older post was bumped and quoted.  It was an ACTIVE thread that was deleted.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2011, 07:57:28 AM »
I know that you are trying to make me feel welcome but you can now try to go back to your usual stuff and pretend Im not here

This is our usual stuff  :zoinks: