Author Topic: Post here if TCO is ignoring you  (Read 5965 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post here if TCO is ignoring you
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2011, 07:42:21 PM »
At least CPR mannequins don't kiss and tell.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Osensitive1

« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2011, 07:46:26 PM »
My cpr manequine was male.

Was he handsome?
He was very average; looked just like all the others in the room. Though I saved his life and he's ever indebted to me, so that makes him more special than the others.

Some theories say that the saviour will always feel responsible for the saved one too.

Do you feel that way about your mannequin?
I prefer to focus on keeping my balance upon the pedestal which he place me.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »

Was he handsome?
He was very average; looked just like all the others in the room. Though I saved his life and he's ever indebted to me, so that makes him more special than the others.

Some theories say that the saviour will always feel responsible for the saved one too.

I wish I could plus Jack, her dry floral humor makes me smile.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2011, 07:54:13 PM »

Was he handsome?

You know she wants to be plussed.  :viking:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2011, 07:55:30 PM »

Was he handsome?

Lead me not into temptation, heathen scoundrel!   :christ:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »

Was he handsome?

Lead me not into temptation, heathen scoundrel!   :christ:
So do you think it is better to allow her to continue this Karma Chameleon heresy?

Osensitive1

« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »
Could easily let it go. Remember one time got seven out of nowhere in one day. Cousin and hyke were fixing it and I told them not to worry about it. It doesn't seem quite as weird as in the beginning, though that might be because of the lack of it; not sure. Maybe it would be like the who's online list. That really creeped me out at first, but doesn't bother me now. With the karma, the best part is not having to worry about giving it out.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:01:36 PM by Jack »

Psychophant

« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2011, 09:02:17 PM »
My av is Halloween themed already  8)

L'Inconnue de la Seine (French for "the unknown woman of the Seine") was an unidentified young woman whose death mask became a popular fixture on the walls of artists' homes after 1900. Her visage was the inspiration for numerous literary works.

And from Wikipedia:

The face of the unknown woman was used for the head of the first aid mannequin Rescue Annie.[8] It was created by Peter Safar and Asmund Laerdal in 1958 and was used starting in 1960 in numerous CPR courses.[9][10] Therefore, the face has been called by some "the most kissed face" of all time.[11]

So, psychophant has had the honor of kissing her.

Sorry to say, all the mannequins I've trained on have been male!   ::)  Which is weird, since half the cpr I've done has been on women.   :dunno:

Psychophant

« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2011, 09:03:35 PM »
My av is Halloween themed already  8)

L'Inconnue de la Seine (French for "the unknown woman of the Seine") was an unidentified young woman whose death mask became a popular fixture on the walls of artists' homes after 1900. Her visage was the inspiration for numerous literary works.

And from Wikipedia:

The face of the unknown woman was used for the head of the first aid mannequin Rescue Annie.[8] It was created by Peter Safar and Asmund Laerdal in 1958 and was used starting in 1960 in numerous CPR courses.[9][10] Therefore, the face has been called by some "the most kissed face" of all time.[11]

So, psychophant has had the honor of kissing her.
I did too. I gave her the tongue.  :viking:

You sly dog!   :eyebrows:

Binty

« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2011, 04:37:12 AM »
She looks like she's smiling; didn't know she's dead.

According to an often-repeated story, the body of the young woman was pulled out of the Seine River at the Quai du Louvre in Paris around the late 1880s.  The body showed no signs of violence, and suicide was suspected.  A pathologist at the Paris morgue was so taken by her beauty that he had a moulder make a plaster cast death mask of her face.

In the following years, numerous copies were produced. The copies quickly became a fashionable morbid fixture in Parisian Bohemian society. Albert Camus and others compared her enigmatic smile to that of the Mona Lisa, inviting numerous speculations as to what clues the eerily happy expression in her face could offer about her life, her death, and her place in society.

Osensitive1

« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2011, 12:00:47 PM »
Thanks, binty.

Binty

« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »
That little thread is full of fascinating material.  Shows TCO being somewhat misogynistic and very pro corporal punishment.  You guys may have agreed to stop but I still think TCO is a dickhead and will continue thinking it until he proves me wrong, which I doubt will ever happen.

But thie thing is Sophist, you clearly have missed the point, as all psychologists before seem to have. Years ago here, if a cop ran across a kid fucking around, he would give them a good kick in the arse and forcibly take the kid home and tell his/her parents what they'd been up to. Authority was respected then, because the kid also copped a hiding from his/her parents and never fucked up again. Compare that to today, where the soft approach is taken by people who know nothing about raising kids at all, and those kids run amok, spraying graffiti, stealing radios, assaulting and robbing old people, and even toting guns at school (Columbine). They are told by counsellors and psychologists they they have the right to report abuse (which these pseudo intellectuals have told them spanking is), and thus think they can get away with murder. Have you raised children or been in a position to see what children are like growing up? No? Then obviously you know nothing about what you are talking about. I benefitted from discipline at school and home, and if I fucked up, i knew the consequences of my actions. It's called TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONES ACTIONS. You don't have proper discipline or authority, you get chaos, which is what we have today. Now you think I might be a bit harsh on the psychological fraternity, but since I haven't seen anything of value come out of them in the way of child rearing and behaviour, I feel that anything they say is likely to be a crock of shit.

Binty

« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »
Misogyny:

Nothing of substance. As usual.

indulging in your usual garbage I see.

Just another periodical rant by a bitch with PMT. Go have a Bex and a good lie down.

Firstly, Nortunalist, or the closet intellect (with emphasis on the closet - come out like the rest of your nancy pals), if you are trying to cut me with your inane drivel, then you better sharpen your scissors, because up until now your attempts have been as good as blunt chainsaw ripping through an elm. What is this about Delphi I hear? A WOMEN'S SITE? And you were scared of a troll there? AND YOU BEING A MAN? Fuck, next thing we know you'll be bragging how you took on Helen Reddy in a pissing contest and you barely beat her. And what is even weirder about this whole thing is - wait for it - I personally couldn't give a shit about anything you've said to me or anyone else. You obviously have a lonely life perusing poxy shites.. er sites like Gestalt and Delphi, and then trying to flame someone here who goesn't give a flying fuck about you in the slightest. Now why don't you crawl back into that pile of overcoats in your closet like a good little drama queen and leave the argument to those of us that give a shit.

Secondly, if the rabid 'movement' (couldn't think of a more apt term, given they are full of shit) keeps on with their crap, we may have to flush them down the sewer with the rest of the shit. Either that or use them as compost, or dynamic lifter.....  :violin: :wanker:

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen, luv. Or did Germaine Greer happen to bar you from the kitchen when it was decided your cooking was as good as your debating? If you want to stand up for crap like them go ahead, but I reserve my right to call them poxy drivel infested shit, even if I haven't tainted my screen by visiting them. It really makes me wonder about all these poxy liberationist pseudo-intellectuals who got off on listening to 'I am woman' (which was actually written by a bloke... Ha Ha) and reading such boring bullshit like 'The Female Eunuch'. But then again, the whole movement post Steinem was a bit of a joke. I mean, all the hangers on that masquerade as intellectuals and boast about IQs int their 130s and 140s and hold MENSA certificates while supporting such claptrap as was sputed by these dickwads really makes me wonder whether they should have been aborted. But given there aren't any tests during pregnancy for whether a person is going to become a real fuckwit in later life means that we had to put up with these morons infecting the population and spreading their vile hatred of anything that they couldn't be themselves.

In case you have forgotten, luv, this is a forum where someone can say what they fucking well like; no matter what. And I happen to think that Sir Les is right in his opinions on not only Zach's bullshit behaviour, but also in his criticsim of Nocturnalist. As I said, you can stick up for these imbeciles all you want, and those other pathetic poor excuses for sites. But remeber this - when trying to justify it to a person like me who couldn't give a shit 2 ways from Sunday, all your doing is wanking yourself to oblibvion. So tell your story to the brick wall that cares.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:13:41 AM by Binty »

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2011, 11:07:13 AM »
That little thread is full of fascinating material.  Shows TCO being somewhat misogynistic and very pro corporal punishment.  You guys may have agreed to stop but I still think TCO is a dickhead and will continue thinking it until he proves me wrong, which I doubt will ever happen.

But thie thing is Sophist, you clearly have missed the point, as all psychologists before seem to have. Years ago here, if a cop ran across a kid fucking around, he would give them a good kick in the arse and forcibly take the kid home and tell his/her parents what they'd been up to. Authority was respected then, because the kid also copped a hiding from his/her parents and never fucked up again. Compare that to today, where the soft approach is taken by people who know nothing about raising kids at all, and those kids run amok, spraying graffiti, stealing radios, assaulting and robbing old people, and even toting guns at school (Columbine). They are told by counsellors and psychologists they they have the right to report abuse (which these pseudo intellectuals have told them spanking is), and thus think they can get away with murder. Have you raised children or been in a position to see what children are like growing up? No? Then obviously you know nothing about what you are talking about. I benefitted from discipline at school and home, and if I fucked up, i knew the consequences of my actions. It's called TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONES ACTIONS. You don't have proper discipline or authority, you get chaos, which is what we have today. Now you think I might be a bit harsh on the psychological fraternity, but since I haven't seen anything of value come out of them in the way of child rearing and behaviour, I feel that anything they say is likely to be a crock of shit.

But we must all respect Authauriteh :facepalm2:

I love how he uses himself as an example of how corporal punishment works. I couldn't think of a more fucked-up individual.

Binty

« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »
But we must all respect Authauriteh :facepalm2:

I love how he uses himself as an example of how corporal punishment works. I couldn't think of a more fucked-up individual.

Same, hence why I bolded the "taking responsibility for one's actions" part.