Educational

Author Topic: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring  (Read 6360 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2011, 03:43:35 AM »
The short and sweet term is shit stirrer.  :hahaha:

Better than wallowing in it.  :-*
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2011, 03:54:43 AM »
Why?

I don't know. It just seems a bit self-contradictory. I didn't see you try to get Mechanima to look at things from a new perspective. And I don't see you trying to get yourself to look at things from a new perspective either. :P

Then go back and re-read, because aside from answering people's questions, that's just about all I did.

Here, I'll make it easier.

Whyyyyyy? Can people here honestly hurt you that badly?

Now there is a trick question that was not intended to be if ever I saw one :)

:heart: :ner:

But it's a well-meaning one. I actually agree with a lot of your POV. But I think you're being a selfish ass about deleting the advocacy stuff. Some things are more important than personal hurt, and giving people a voice is one of them.

I am right now attempting to get Socrates back on the forum, because that bitchqueen Palmatier is STILL throwing legal bullshit at him, for no reason other than personal vindication, because he sure doesn't have the money to pay her off. Sites like this may leave open the risk of harm, but they do a lot of good too. We here are not the enemy.

That's bullshit talk. It looks more like Mechanima has some psychological issues that Odeon is not responsible for in any way. As Bodie said, it could've been anyone - not just Odeon.

Huh? Odeon's the one who started the callout. Because what, Mechanima was ignoring him?

I thought it was about the fact she made allegations of his character that sparked the callout. ???

What thread did it originate from? All I've seen is what was in the first post of the callout.

Here's part of it in the Away Back thread:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,1801.msg814802.html#msg814802

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,1801.msg814770.html#msg814770

Wow... it started with an argument about who held responsibility when a spaz had a meltdown.

Then as far as I can tell without seeing Mechanima's deleted posts, she showed up and said hi to people in general, Odeon asked if she was still ignoring him ("still"? what happened in the past?) and everything went downhill from there.

It all began here I'd say:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

This entire 'feud' (if that's the right word for this). Since it's locked, I can't bump it.

So with all the new information I asked for, I can see a lot of different perspectives.

Is there a perspective in particular you think I'm missing?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2011, 04:06:43 AM »
Judging from what you said here:

Wow... it started with an argument about who held responsibility when a spaz had a meltdown.

Then as far as I can tell without seeing Mechanima's deleted posts, she showed up and said hi to people in general, Odeon asked if she was still ignoring him ("still"? what happened in the past?) and everything went downhill from there.

and the fact that you made no acknowledgment of this perspective:

To me, it isn't a matter of who's right and who's wrong. It's a matter of being fair. And I think most of us here were trying to be as fair as can be with Mechanima. I know I was.

Unfortunately, she seems to be living in her own reality and unable to fathom our own collective perspective on this.

If someone makes a wild accusation against you, publicly accusing you of being abusive and hurtful to that person and holding you in some vague negative light, and not wanting to provide any explanation whatsoever, how would you have reacted, Pyraxis (regardless of how you personally feel about Odeon)?

then the answer is "yes".

But it seems this has turned into an argument about semantics with "look at" and "see". If your argument is that you can see that others have their own perspectives, then that is not what I was arguing.

My argument was really whether or not you can understand why some took issue with Mechanima's posts against Odeon, which requires a sense of seeing from a perspective different from the one you're holding, and that's the perspective you seem to be missing.

Not necessarily abnormal, though. Each of us has a perspective based on his/her own personal experience in the end. But some perspectives are just more common than others due to the commonality of many personal experiences shared by many humans.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2011, 04:29:21 AM »
Ok. I actually went hunting through past posts on Dunc's forum yesterday, to see if I could find the place a couple years ago where Ozy was going after me as passive-aggressively as he could, and I couldn't find it. But hey, if you want to hear it from me rather than links, what happened is that I bit my tongue, because he seemed to be acting out of pure hurt. So I probably would have done the same thing if Mechanima had gone after me.

But really, it depends on context. What I would have done isn't really relevant to what Odeon should have done, because as a community owner he has to take a different approach than a member. If only to make sure, like he did, that Mechanima didn't actually do any harm to the site.

When I first read the post about fairness, I thought, what's the definition of fair? That's a group context thing too. Like and equal are not the same, and every individual has their own circumstances - whether they're a new member or old, their personality, their level of social skills, their intelligence, etc. People did seem to approach Mechanima with goodwill at first. But then it escalated beyond meltdown into a battle of wills between her and Odeon.

So in answer to fairness, I think the conflict could have been headed off by M. and O. treating each other more as individuals rather than trying to force each other into their private molds. Which of course the community owner is going to win. Though maybe neither of them wanted the conflict headed off.  :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2011, 05:32:41 AM »
I don't think that you are active enough here to even understand or fully view the group dynamic here.  Mechanima certainly wasn't.  I am really sick of people who don't know WTF they are talking about coming in here and passing judgement on things of which they do not have all the facts and do not even understand.

Wait, who are you?  :P

I haven't been active as much lately but I've been part of I² since before it was squared. I know my opinions about group dynamics aren't popular, but I'm not going to quit thinking and talking about them.

You should sig this. Brilliant.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2011, 06:10:44 AM »
Ok. I actually went hunting through past posts on Dunc's forum yesterday, to see if I could find the place a couple years ago where Ozy was going after me as passive-aggressively as he could, and I couldn't find it. But hey, if you want to hear it from me rather than links, what happened is that I bit my tongue, because he seemed to be acting out of pure hurt. So I probably would have done the same thing if Mechanima had gone after me.

But really, it depends on context. What I would have done isn't really relevant to what Odeon should have done, because as a community owner he has to take a different approach than a member. If only to make sure, like he did, that Mechanima didn't actually do any harm to the site.

Yes, that is a fair point.

When I first read the post about fairness, I thought, what's the definition of fair? That's a group context thing too. Like and equal are not the same, and every individual has their own circumstances - whether they're a new member or old, their personality, their level of social skills, their intelligence, etc. People did seem to approach Mechanima with goodwill at first. But then it escalated beyond meltdown into a battle of wills between her and Odeon.

So in answer to fairness, I think the conflict could have been headed off by M. and O. treating each other more as individuals rather than trying to force each other into their private molds. Which of course the community owner is going to win. Though maybe neither of them wanted the conflict headed off.  :P

She insulted me. I asked her to back her stuff up. How is that trying to force her into a mould?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2011, 07:31:10 AM »
Cause you kept asking and asking and asking, never being satisfied with what she'd said, until it hit a breaking point and she threatened the site.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2011, 07:59:11 AM »
I think I'm entitled to an answer so we'll have to differ re this. It's her problem if she wants to post here and has problems avoiding the callout.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2011, 10:25:58 AM »
I don't think that you are active enough here to even understand or fully view the group dynamic here.  Mechanima certainly wasn't.  I am really sick of people who don't know WTF they are talking about coming in here and passing judgement on things of which they do not have all the facts and do not even understand.

Wait, who are you?  :P

I haven't been active as much lately but I've been part of I² since before it was squared. I know my opinions about group dynamics aren't popular, but I'm not going to quit thinking and talking about them.

I'm someone who has actually been here for the past 9 months.  :autism:

You have a reputation that precedes you.  You come in once a year and complain about how things are run and the group dynamic and then fuck off again.

See you next summer?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2011, 06:18:32 PM »
Yeah?  :LOL:

All right. Frankly this bugs me more than anything else that's been said. I didn't realize things had changed so much that my modus operandi that used to fit right in is now coming off as being an ass. It's sad.

Well, whatever. Can't please everyone.

Osensitive1

« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2011, 06:29:31 PM »
I think I'm entitled to an answer so we'll have to differ re this.
Gave up on reading it all. Did that answer ever surface?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2011, 07:01:01 PM »
Yeah?  :LOL:

All right. Frankly this bugs me more than anything else that's been said. I didn't realize things had changed so much that my modus operandi that used to fit right in is now coming off as being an ass. It's sad.

Well, whatever. Can't please everyone.

I don't think you are an ass, just predictable.  Everyone is entitled to their own thing, and certainly you as much as anyone else.  I mostly know you from the moderator logs at WP anyway.  I assume that person (Alex's right-hand) isn't really you anymore either.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2011, 07:46:41 PM »
Moderator logs at WP?  :o

Hell no I'm not the right hand of that sleazy little sellout. That was what, six years ago? I left after a few months because I realized the place was corrupt and it would be more effort than it was worth to change it. Better to found a new community on solid ground. I hear the Haven became a laughingstock after that mod exodus, just a place for whining instead of something important.

You were a mod at WP later?

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2011, 07:51:03 PM »
If the Haven isn't for whining, what's it for then?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2011, 07:53:14 PM »
Moderator logs at WP?  :o

You were a mod at WP later?

Yup.  Up until 4 or 5 months ago.