Author Topic: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring  (Read 6356 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »
Nothing feels so good as a well-placed kick, after the first brought the weak down. :zoinks:

Is that so?   :rage:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Psychophant

« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2011, 05:51:53 PM »
:lolwat:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2011, 06:07:47 PM »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2011, 06:47:24 PM »
Well, with Callaway, it's because my real beef with her is "forbidden", so there's nothing else to do but go about it indirectly. Actually that's where passive-aggression comes from. When for whatever reason, something is preventing honest confrontation. Though there are times I've attacked her words because they pissed me off too, like her treatment of Kayleigh.

Oh, yeah, as if Kayleigh is worthy of good treatment. ::)

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »
Well, with Callaway, it's because my real beef with her is "forbidden", so there's nothing else to do but go about it indirectly. Actually that's where passive-aggression comes from. When for whatever reason, something is preventing honest confrontation. Though there are times I've attacked her words because they pissed me off too, like her treatment of Kayleigh.

To some people she may be.  :dunno:

I don't really have an opinion on her anymore tbh , she acted dickishly (excuse the pun :rofl:)  when she was leaving but meh , penty and richtard were worse.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »

I don't really have an opinion on her anymore tbh , she acted dickishly (excuse the pun :rofl:)  when she was leaving but meh , penty and richtard were worse.

IMO, it is worse than those two. Especially how she used (and still uses) Renaeden every now and then.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2011, 06:57:01 PM »

IMO, it is worse than those two. Especially how she used (and still uses) Renaeden every now and then.

Fair enough.

IMO , I think Ren does these things of her own accord which just proves what a good person she really is.

Penty was maybe an unfair point , he HAS tried to change at least I have to say that.

Richtard is IMO the worst of the three , spends his money on shiny rocks , goes into soup kitchens for homeless or those who don't have money and eats there for free. If the local benefits offices were to know about it I can only imagine what level of shit he would be in.

I think it's kind of harsh for you to say:

Considering members such as Pyraxis have known Kayleigh for a long time , they probably have a different stance on her.
Just my opinion though feel free to listen or ignore it.  :P

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »
IMO , I think Ren does these things of her own accord which just proves what a good person she really is.

She's a very angelic person indeed. Which is why she can be easily manipulated by a user like Kayleigh.

Richtard is IMO the worst of the three , spends his money on shiny rocks , goes into soup kitchens for homeless or those who don't have money and eats there for free. If the local benefits offices were to know about it I can only imagine what level of shit he would be in.

That makes him a big dumbass, not necessarily malicious (in my book). He's only hurting himself in the long run.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »

She's a very angelic person indeed. Which is why she can be easily manipulated by a user like Kayleigh.

That makes him a big dumbass, not necessarily malicious (in my book). He's only hurting himself in the long run.

I honestly wonder if Kayleigh is aware of what she does , as if she has some kind of lack of empathy of others due to the aspergers... I'm not making any less of what she did , it was wrong and hurtful but I am just wonderng.

and we'll have to agree to disagree on that , I personally think it makes him a selfish little child who refuses to take care of his own shit when he is more than capable of doing so.

Scrapheap

« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2011, 07:58:04 PM »
Yup.  Up until 4 or 5 months ago.

Did the same thing happen to you as happens to everyone?

Example:  http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt176028.html

Looks like that is gone!

Of course it's gone. MLA showed up the current moderation staff to be a pack of childish bullies.

This is how they deal with the evidence at WP, the same way they deal with unpleasant facts in Orwell's 1984, they re-write history.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »
It does make it seem like you are attacking the person rather than what they said. in effect making it look that Odeon or Callaway could say any damn thing and you woudl seek to find a way to spin doctor it to try to make them look bad/ineffective/corrupt/shady or whatever.

rather than "trying to present different viewpoints" it simply looks like you are trying to be contradictory.

Is there anything more than a stylistic difference?

Pyraxis, You are smart and have an intellect mind and that is apparent.
I do think that when you do as above it robs your claims of merit because "Pyraxis is just being contrary again". Hardron does this too but for different reasons. The big difference between "just being contrary" and "showing different viewpoints", in my view in the difference between thinking your viewpoint has any store and just trying to seek if a throwaway claim may take root.
It seems like you are throwing out a heap of contrary claims you have tried to dress up in hope that one will actually stick to Odeon or Callaway. I don't think you believe in them at all but just like the opportunity to go for a smear. I think the claims are not valued by you and are disposable. Because it doesn't look like you have any score in these countless claims, I, and i am sure others, kind of switch off to them.
It is ashame because you are smart and do write very well and cleverly. The subject matter sometimes is a bit questionable, that is all.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Osensitive1

« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2011, 10:16:21 PM »
Curious about your username, pyraxsis.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
The big difference between "just being contrary" and "showing different viewpoints", in my view in the difference between thinking your viewpoint has any store and just trying to seek if a throwaway claim may take root.
It seems like you are throwing out a heap of contrary claims you have tried to dress up in hope that one will actually stick to Odeon or Callaway. I don't think you believe in them at all but just like the opportunity to go for a smear. I think the claims are not valued by you and are disposable. Because it doesn't look like you have any score in these countless claims, I, and i am sure others, kind of switch off to them.
It is ashame because you are smart and do write very well and cleverly. The subject matter sometimes is a bit questionable, that is all.

Hm. I do think that my viewpoints have merit, very much so. What I consider throwaway is the means by which they're communicated. Every person seems to have a different approach that they'll listen to, and when I customize it to one person, it looks like a load of bullshit to the other people that come by and read it. But in my head, it's not contradictory. Like with this Odeon and Mechanima thing, there were ways in which I sympathized with and understood both sides. But who's going to listen to that? So when I talked directly to each of them, I emphasized the bits which I thought would resonate with them. The point wasn't to smear, it was to connect.

Despite what you might think, I do believe in what I say.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2011, 11:23:26 PM »
Curious about your username, pyraxsis.

It's the name of an RPG character I used to play. She was a flame vampire who fed on body heat instead of blood. There was this demon girl who was the archenemy of a previous campaign so the rest of the party was all terrified of her, but one day they saw her just lying on the side of a hill, reading a book. Pyraxis walked up to her and said "Whatcha reading?" and of course it was the Book of Ultimate Evil. Pyraxis pipes up, "Can I borrow it?" and the demon's like, "Sure!" and so the adventure starts. Poor GM's confounded because demon girl's supposed to be frightening and hideously evil, he doesn't know what to do next. So the girl disappears, and it eventually turns out she's been kidnapped by an even more nefarious demon to be a sacrifice in some grand evil spell. Pyraxis ends up gathering an artifact from both the temple of light and the temple of darkness, and walking into the depths of hell to rescue this girl who was supposed to be the greatest villain of the campaign.