Educational

Author Topic: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring  (Read 6359 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2011, 05:35:27 AM »
To be fair Pyraxis, if she did the same to me I'd also call her out.

Yeah me too. Ozymandias used to pull that kind of crap with me. I wanted to know the context.

Regardless of what Odeon said, it was herself who escalated it.

I am really really sick of seeing the blame for fights get heaped all on one side or all on the other, depending on the social group that's currently present. It's ridiculously inaccurate, but people feed on each other and get convinced they must be in the right because it's so much more comfortable to think that way.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2011, 05:50:51 AM »
Still quite newish here.  Never been in a 'callout'   Not really sure
what my expectations of them should be either.

I would be really grateful if anyone can link me to 'a really good callout'

I have read some,  but would be grateful to learn what others think
a good one involves.

(maybe should have started a new thread 'your favourite callout's please')

I think it would help not only myself, but others that are still newish here.

:cbc:  i just like that smiley
blah blah blah

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2011, 06:21:41 AM »
I am really really sick of seeing the blame for fights get heaped all on one side or all on the other, depending on the social group that's currently present. It's ridiculously inaccurate, but people feed on each other and get convinced they must be in the right because it's so much more comfortable to think that way.

To me, it isn't a matter of who's right and who's wrong. It's a matter of being fair. And I think most of us here were trying to be as fair as can be with Mechanima. I know I was.

Unfortunately, she seems to be living in her own reality and unable to fathom our own collective perspective on this.

If someone makes a wild accusation against you, publicly accusing you of being abusive and hurtful to that person and holding you in some vague negative light, and not wanting to provide any explanation whatsoever, how would you have reacted, Pyraxis (regardless of how you personally feel about Odeon)?

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2011, 07:51:40 AM »
It all began here I'd say:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

This entire 'feud' (if that's the right word for this). Since it's locked, I can't bump it.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2011, 09:30:50 AM »
To be fair Pyraxis, if she did the same to me I'd also call her out.

Yeah me too. Ozymandias used to pull that kind of crap with me. I wanted to know the context.

Regardless of what Odeon said, it was herself who escalated it.

I don't think that you are active enough here to even understand or fully view the group dynamic here.  Mechanima certainly wasn't.  I am really sick of people who don't know WTF they are talking about coming in here and passing judgement on things of which they do not have all the facts and do not even understand.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »
I understand the dislike for Odeon and his peculiar butthurt indifference to emotion, believe me I do, but it ain't worth it.

:asthing:

???

I know you don't like me, but I don't really get this one.

I've gotten into too many fights with people who think that the first person to show emotion is the loser. Now I just see that tactic, of escalating bullshit under the thin veneer of logical control and a big heaping dose of contempt, as yet another face of butthurt.

You think that because I don't get all that emotional about this, it's a sign of butthurt?

:dunno: Fair enough. I don't agree but I suppose it's a valid interpretation.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2011, 12:28:36 PM »
Wow... it started with an argument about who held responsibility when a spaz had a meltdown.

Then as far as I can tell without seeing Mechanima's deleted posts, she showed up and said hi to people in general, Odeon asked if she was still ignoring him ("still"? what happened in the past?) and everything went downhill from there.

I knew that she ignored me after she had a meltdown originating in the thread about her court case against Aspire in the beginning of 2010. Quite a few of us commented and made various suggestions, many of which she, um, reacted against. Somewhere during that, she put me on ignore but I still don't know why.

So when I asked her, it was simply to check if I was still being ignored, and if not, if she was still mad at me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »
I don't think that you are active enough here to even understand or fully view the group dynamic here.  Mechanima certainly wasn't.  I am really sick of people who don't know WTF they are talking about coming in here and passing judgement on things of which they do not have all the facts and do not even understand.

Wait, who are you?  :P

I haven't been active as much lately but I've been part of I² since before it was squared. I know my opinions about group dynamics aren't popular, but I'm not going to quit thinking and talking about them.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Scrapheap

« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2011, 09:22:51 PM »
She wasn't just saying hi to people in general. She was being very passive-agressive, pretending to be nice while always implying that she did not care and was not affected by what they said and that she was above this place and everyone in it.

Why yes, she was so "not affected by us" she had to reply to everything said about her to get the last word. :zoinks:

I was about to accuse her of being a member of the P.P.L.W.G.I.C.

pathetically pathalogical last word getter inner's club  :lol:

eris

« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2011, 09:25:45 PM »

Wait, who are you?  :P

I haven't been active as much lately but I've been part of I² since before it was squared. I know my opinions about group dynamics aren't popular, but I'm not going to quit thinking and talking about them.

I can see your point about the group dynamic. That happens everywhere really, stronger member influence weaker members, and cliques form and sometimes there is ganging up

But I can also see the other side of it, too. Many of the really unpopular member here really honestly did piss several people off, so that is why it sometimes seems like people are getting picked on by everyone in a group mentality way, but it's really just that they are a tard and everyone can see it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:29:26 PM by eris »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2011, 09:41:56 PM »
I can see your point about the group dynamic. That happens everywhere really, stronger member influence weaker members, and cliques form and sometimes there is ganging up

But I can also see the other side of it, too. Many of the really unpopular member here really honestly did piss several people off, so that is why it sometimes seems like people are getting picked on by everyone in a group mentality way, but it's really just that they are a tard and everyone can see it.

Sure.

I believe in expansion of knowledge, expansion of boundaries, so I tend to position myself right outside a group's comfort zone. Having read through Mechanima's original thread about her court case, I can see she just wasn't ever going to fit into the culture here. Too brittle. It sucks, though, I kinda liked her.

Often what I'm after is to get people to look at things from a new perspective.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »

That's kind of ironic, don't you think?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2011, 09:54:16 PM »
Why?

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2011, 12:45:20 AM »
Why?

I don't know. It just seems a bit self-contradictory. I didn't see you try to get Mechanima to look at things from a new perspective. And I don't see you trying to get yourself to look at things from a new perspective either. :P

P7PSP

« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2011, 01:20:19 AM »

Sure.

I believe in expansion of knowledge, expansion of boundaries, so I tend to position myself right outside a group's comfort zone. Having read through Mechanima's original thread about her court case, I can see she just wasn't ever going to fit into the culture here. Too brittle. It sucks, though, I kinda liked her.

The short and sweet term is shit stirrer.  :hahaha: