Author Topic: Steve Jobs  (Read 3682 times)

midlifeaspie

Steve Jobs
« on: August 26, 2011, 03:57:56 PM »
Photo taken today supposedly  :(

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Steve Jobs
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:02:23 PM »
I wouldn't worry about this corporate man. He's getting the best treatment that money can buy. ::)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »
I wouldn't worry about this corporate man. He's getting the best treatment that money can buy. ::)

Hmmm.  Why did I expect an answer like this from you?

It isn't about money or corporations or whatever else you want to make it into.  It's about a visionary who made a huge contribution to the current state of technology in the world.  He looks fucking terrible.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
Poor bastard. What is wrong with him? Cancer?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

P7PSP

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 04:19:51 PM »
He has pancreatic cancer. That is too bad.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »
Thats right on

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 04:31:50 PM »
When I heard he had stepped down from his position at Apple, I did wonder if it was health related.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 04:33:47 PM »
He has pancreatic cancer. That is too bad.

Poor guy , is it terminal?

That was pretty heartless , it doesn't matter how rich or poor someone is , the fact that someone has caught cancer is bad PERIOD.

(Only applying that to decent people btw)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

P7PSP

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 04:40:57 PM »
It does have a very high mortality rate Squddy. Patrick Swayze died from it.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »

Yes I remember that, poor guy.

I meant has the guy in question reached the terminal stage or is it still treatable?
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »

I meant has the guy in question reached the terminal stage or is it still treatable?

Scum tends to have a relatively lengthy lifespan. :orly:

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 05:01:28 PM »

That is a good question. Back in 2002 I attended a funeral for a friend and her brother was unable to attend because he was in the hospital with full blown AIDS. He looked easily as gaunt and fucked up as Jobs and I was alarmed at the thought of his family having a second loss in a short time. This is a guy I smoked pot with back in high school, with all 5 siblings actually. In his case he went into remission and is still alive 9 years later. I don't know how often that happens.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »
Methinks Duke has something against this dude.  :evillaugh:

Terrible way to go, though. Had a cousin who died of liver cancer, and that was bad in itself.

P7PSP

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 05:33:03 PM »
Yes it is.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 05:45:35 PM »

Hmmm.  Why did I expect an answer like this from you?

It isn't about money or corporations or whatever else you want to make it into.  It's about a visionary who made a huge contribution to the current state of technology in the world.  He looks fucking terrible.

Yes, and contributed to a new style of DRM and restrictions on how their products are used. I mean I wouldn't even bother with an iPad if I can't customize it like a PC with software I desire, not sanctioned by Apple. iPad, why u haz no flash? And why should I have to hack my product to get it's fullest potential when I can buy something else that's not as popular but does more?

But on topic, he's in terrible shape, I'd say it's definitely nearing/is at terminal stage because look at his weight and complexion, it's horrible. Could be the chemo doing that more than the cancer, but it's still bad.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.