Author Topic: Steve Jobs  (Read 3683 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Steve Jobs
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »
I wouldn't worry about this corporate man. He's getting the best treatment that money can buy. ::)

Hmmm.  Why did I expect an answer like this from you?

It isn't about money or corporations or whatever else you want to make it into.  It's about a visionary who made a huge contribution to the current state of technology in the world.  He looks fucking terrible.

Yes, and contributed to a new style of DRM and restrictions on how their products are used. I mean I wouldn't even bother with an iPad if I can't customize it like a PC with software I desire, not sanctioned by Apple. iPad, why u haz no flash? And why should I have to hack my product to get it's fullest potential when I can buy something else that's not as popular but does more?

But on topic, he's in terrible shape, I'd say it's definitely nearing/is at terminal stage because look at his weight and complexion, it's horrible. Could be the chemo doing that more than the cancer, but it's still bad.
I am waiting on a Windows OS pad before I buy one

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 05:49:13 PM »
I wouldn't worry about this corporate man. He's getting the best treatment that money can buy. ::)

Hmmm.  Why did I expect an answer like this from you?

It isn't about money or corporations or whatever else you want to make it into.  It's about a visionary who made a huge contribution to the current state of technology in the world.  He looks fucking terrible.

Yes, and contributed to a new style of DRM and restrictions on how their products are used. I mean I wouldn't even bother with an iPad if I can't customize it like a PC with software I desire, not sanctioned by Apple. iPad, why u haz no flash? And why should I have to hack my product to get it's fullest potential when I can buy something else that's not as popular but does more?

But on topic, he's in terrible shape, I'd say it's definitely nearing/is at terminal stage because look at his weight and complexion, it's horrible. Could be the chemo doing that more than the cancer, but it's still bad.
I am waiting on a Windows OS pad before I buy one

Exactly how I feel too. If I can get an iPad like product that uses an OS like a PC without any software restrictions, I'll buy it.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
There has been tablet PC's for years, you know. :dunno:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 05:54:12 PM »
true but not in the modern sense of the word 'pad'

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 05:56:27 PM »

Yeah, but I'd like one styled as an iPad in thinness and lightweight. Most PC tablets I've seen are rather bulky in comparison.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 06:00:28 PM »
He's got cancer. While I feel sorry for the guy, it's not unexpected and it's what happens. I wonder why I should feel more sorry for him than for the thousands of kids dying of starvation right now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 01:19:09 AM »

That was pretty heartless , it doesn't matter how rich or poor someone is , the fact that someone has caught cancer is bad PERIOD.

(Only applying that to decent people btw)

I hate to take Penty's side here, but he does have a point. Steve will get the best care and the best pain killers that money can buy.

A poor person, especially in a poor country, would be much worse off.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 01:36:37 AM »

That was pretty heartless , it doesn't matter how rich or poor someone is , the fact that someone has caught cancer is bad PERIOD.

I hate to take Penty's side here, but he does have a point. Steve will get the best care and the best pain killers that money can buy.

I have seen people wasting away with cancer. Money buys a lot of things but cancer is an evil on Earth and will strip you slowly and gradually of everything that you have that make you, you. You will be a shell of a person figuratively and literally before death finally comes in, drugs, money, pallative care or not. I would not wish that on the people I hate. \It is on both sides of my family and has made pretty good account of my family tree. I suspect there is every chance I will get it when I am older and when I do I just hope euthenasia is the rage. Fuck cancer.
I do not know Steve Jobs and I do not care to learn more about him but I hope his end comes as mercifully as possible.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Scrapheap

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 01:40:37 AM »
I didn't claim that cancer would be roses and butterflies because he's rich, it just won't suck quite as bad.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 01:44:19 AM »
I didn't claim that cancer would be roses and butterflies because he's rich, it just won't suck quite as bad.

It is all a matter of degrees I suppose but to me it is like saying that someone with their face ripped off is probably going to feel better if they can have a few neurofen that some who doesn't. Both still suck and the pain relieve is still woefully inadequate
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 01:54:25 AM »

I have seen people wasting away with cancer. Money buys a lot of things but cancer is an evil on Earth and will strip you slowly and gradually of everything that you have that make you, you. You will be a shell of a person figuratively and literally before death finally comes in, drugs, money, pallative care or not. I would not wish that on the people I hate. \It is on both sides of my family and has made pretty good account of my family tree. I suspect there is every chance I will get it when I am older and when I do I just hope euthenasia is the rage. Fuck cancer.
I do not know Steve Jobs and I do not care to learn more about him but I hope his end comes as mercifully as possible.

Let's hope it never happens.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 02:15:06 AM »
Shame.  Poor guy.   It goes to show that real shitty things happen
to all people, regardless of income.  Never take your health for granted.

I wish him and his family well. 
blah blah blah

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 06:05:21 AM »
Agree fully with Al about euthanasia. Its one of my pet issues.
I know that if Im ever in that type of position, I want to have the right to end things on my own terms.
I detest that it isnt allowed in my country, just to keep some nut jobs happy.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:20:35 AM by Butterflies »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 06:12:17 AM »

Oh of course , there is that side to it , and I do agree.

BUT , my point is , regardless of him being poor or rich anyone having cancer is awful, behind all the money / fame / success , there is a human being dying of a very painful illness.  :-\

I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 06:30:32 AM »
I would not wish it on Timelord