Author Topic: Steve Jobs  (Read 3685 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Steve Jobs
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 08:55:17 AM »
He's had cancer and been getting treatment off and on for a few years now. I guess it finally got bad enough that he couldn't keep working.

I mostly use PC's now but I grew up with Macs and will probably always have nostalgia for the early Mac shareware games, ResEdit, Ultrapaint, Virtus 3D, etc.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
Really, I think anyone who charges 100 dollars for a fucking simple 2GB RAM upgrade deserves cancer IMO. :orly:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 11:25:53 AM »
Really, I think anyone who charges 100 dollars for a fucking simple 2GB RAM upgrade deserves cancer IMO. :orly:

:facepalm:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 11:30:08 AM »

Greed is the most unpunished crime to humanity in the world.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »

Cheque please waiter. This thread left a bad taste in my mouth
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »

Actually.

I'd say it's rape , torture , murder , child abuse and animal cruelty which are the most unpunished crime.

Exactly how is this man greedy? , he's a successful buisness man that does not automatically = greedy , as it stands he's actually a buddhist so greedy is the least likely thing he's going to be.  ::)

Cheque please waiter. This thread left a bad taste in my mouth

:indeed: , and there was me thinking he'd changed.  :facepalm2:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 12:12:59 PM »
If there's a problem anywhere, it's in the Chinese factories where iPads are produced, ya know, like Foxconn in Shenzhen where eleven workers killed themselves by jumping off the roof in the space of a year.

Dunno that Jobs had much to do with that though.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »
If there's a problem anywhere, it's in the Chinese factories where iPads are produced, ya know, like Foxconn in Shenzhen where eleven workers killed themselves by jumping off the roof in the space of a year.

Outsourcing to sweatshops in the Far East: All the great American businessmen are doing it! :wanker:

My friend said something to me along the lines of "Arrest a stoner, but never arrest a con artist."

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »
Outsourcing to sweatshops in the Far East: All the great American businessmen are doing it! :wanker:

Proof please.

And I mean proof of ALL american buisnessmen doing that not just some or "most" , all.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2011, 10:04:46 AM »

There he is.  I knew he would be back eventually

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2011, 10:24:06 AM »

Says the fat bastard. :zoinks:

Steve Jobs is a businessman who is talented in marketing. I may not like a lot of his products and his retarded fanbase but I have to give him respect for using his marketing skills to get computers widespread (and to get people to buy LITERALLY anything).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:27:08 AM by Schleed »

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2011, 10:56:27 AM »

Says the fat bastard. :zoinks:

Steve Jobs is a businessman who is talented in marketing. I may not like a lot of his products and his retarded fanbase but I have to give him respect for using his marketing skills to get computers widespread (and to get people to buy LITERALLY anything).

I thought it was Microsoft that brought computers to the mainstream?

Scrapheap

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2011, 10:57:22 AM »

Indirectly Apple is resposnible, because they choose to continue to do business with Foxconn, even though they have to be aware of this situation.

Scrapheap

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2011, 11:00:01 AM »

Very first computer I learned on was an Apple IIe. In the early '80's, Apple dominated.

IBM based PC's didn't take over until the late '80's.

They copied the Macintosh GUI at that.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2011, 11:17:42 AM »

Very first computer I learned on was an Apple IIe. In the early '80's, Apple dominated.

IBM based PC's didn't take over until the late '80's.

They copied the Macintosh GUI at that.

The Mac OS GUI was inspired by the Xerox Alto's GUI.