Author Topic: What do you order?  (Read 2561 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
What do you order?
« on: June 07, 2011, 05:10:34 PM »
If you are eating Chinese or Indian food, what do you usually have?  I like going to a Chinese buffet so I can try loads of different things  :P  but if i'm having a normal meal or takeaway, i'm a bit of a pussy and stick to the same stuff, especially with Indian food, even though I can deal with spicy stuff more now, I still order a korma usually, or something similar, with peshwari nan  :autism:  And Chinese, I do like sweet and sour pork, Cantonese style.  As well as prawn toast.  We had an Indian after tennis tonight, but i'm already making myself crave some Chinese stuff  :-\
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What do you order?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:39:31 PM »
Used to get a lot of the same but I have been varying it a lot lately  though I always like to have steamed dumplings
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:40:40 PM »
Curry chicken, egg rolls, chow mein. Indian food I am less familiar with, but I like it. The naan bread is real good.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 06:01:13 PM »
Chicken Cabonara or Chicken Curry. That covers prettym much all Italian and Asian dishes and most generic restaurants.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 06:08:13 PM »
Used to get a lot of the same but I have been varying it a lot lately  though I always like to have steamed dumplings

They're nice  :green:  Its good to mix it up haha.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:09:23 PM »
Curry chicken, egg rolls, chow mein. Indian food I am less familiar with, but I like it. The naan bread is real good.

Have you tried the peshwari nan?  Its got coconut in, and quite sweet.  Or keema, with meat in  :autism:

P7PSP

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 06:10:52 PM »

Have you tried the peshwari nan?  Its got coconut in, and quite sweet.  Or keema, with meat in  :autism:
No, but now that I know of two decent places fairly local I will be trying more Indian food.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »
Chicken Cabonara or Chicken Curry. That covers prettym much all Italian and Asian dishes and most generic restaurants.

Italian food is a different animal, we don't have many of the restaurants around here.  But i've been to Italy a few times, you can't beat the pizza and pasta's.  

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 06:14:18 PM »

No, but now that I know of two decent places fairly local I will be trying more Indian food.

Is it becoming more common now in the US?  I wonder if it'd be the same there, we can have some great Indian food here.  The Chinese food I had in the US wasn't great, but that was in Whorelando  :zombiefuck:

P7PSP

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »

Italian food is a different animal, we don't have many of the restaurants around here.  But i've been to Italy a few times, you can't beat the pizza and pasta's.  
Going to Italy is cool.  :plus:

Is it becoming more common now in the US?  I wonder if it'd be the same there, we can have some great Indian food here.  The Chinese food I had in the US wasn't great, but that was in Whorelando  :zombiefuck:
More a matter of I hads lots of overtime when I first got back to California and didn't have time to look around.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »
I can't eat Indian food it's hard enough at times just to go in the local store that sells the ingredients I can't seem to get past the smell

George Bernard Shaw

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 06:30:25 PM »

Going to Italy is cool.  :plus:

More a matter of I hads lots of overtime when I first got back to California and didn't have time to look around.

What part of Italy have you been to?

I've never been west  :(  The flight would be a bitch, and I can't be dealing with connecting flights again lol. 

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 06:31:28 PM »
I can't eat Indian food it's hard enough at times just to go in the local store that sells the ingredients I can't seem to get past the smell

You should try korma, it just tastes like paradise  :autism:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 06:32:19 PM »

You should try korma, it just tastes like parasites  :autism:

That seems more likely :zoinks:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 06:33:29 PM »
You haven't lived  :orly:  Its really sweet and creamy.