Author Topic: What do you order?  (Read 2561 times)

Psychophant

Re: What do you order?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 06:36:01 PM »
Chinese buffet is awesome...so many choices..I sample a lot.   Never tried Indian food.   

P7PSP

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 06:42:48 PM »
What part of Italy have you been to?

I've never been west  :(  The flight would be a bitch, and I can't be dealing with connecting flights again lol. 
Never been to Italy. I have been to Mexico, Spain, Morocco, Greece, New Zealand, England and France. The flight from London to LA is only 10.5 hours and customs doesn't take too long.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »
I like Chinese food, haven't sampled much Indian food so I'm not much help there.

My favorites are: hot & sour soup (normally something you either hate or love), shrimp or chicken lo mein, or potstickers (dumplings).

Italian food, I love.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 01:55:54 AM »
I like Hot and Sour Soup as well in Chinese food, but I also like a lot of different Chinese dishes.  I have been ordering Mu Shu Pork, Happy Family, and Combination Fried Rice most recently from a local Chinese restaurant.

I like Indian buffets, so I can try a little bit of everything, but I especially like Naan, Tandoori Chicken, and Sag Paneer, which is seasoned spinach.  I'm not as fond of Indian food that is spiced very hot, like some of their Curries.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »
I'm not that familiar with the Indian cuisine but I love Chinese food. Chop suey, char siu with bakmi I usually order to take away. Egg rolls and egg foo young are nice too.

Am learning myself to properly cook Chinese more and more but still do not really get that same nice flavour/taste one gets when ordering the food in a restaurant.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 09:30:05 AM »
Well i worked in an italian restaurant for 16 years - so am a bit fed up of it!

I would normally chose Chinese food over Indian and i like chinese curry.

I also like anything in black bean sauce,  egg foo yung,  fried crispy beef in chille,
and peking duck.
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »
I get the same thing every time - just egg fried rice, chips and a pepsi

but it is my favouriote meal :green:

Scrapheap

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »
Spaghetti :fsm:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 02:53:12 PM »
Chicken Quesadilla's with a side of pinto beans and red rice.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
What part of Italy have you been to?

I've never been west  :(  The flight would be a bitch, and I can't be dealing with connecting flights again lol. 
Never been to Italy. I have been to Mexico, Spain, Morocco, Greece, New Zealand, England and France. The flight from London to LA is only 10.5 hours and customs doesn't take too long.

Cool.  Haha, well customs do take a long time when I arrive in the US, they do so much fucking about, with the finger prints and pictures.  One time they went through my whole suitcase.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 04:43:16 PM »
I get the same thing every time - just egg fried rice, chips and a pepsi

but it is my favouriote meal :green:

Is that really Chinese?  :lol:

But yeah, can't beat the duck in pancakes  :autism:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 04:55:47 PM »
I haven't traveled to Europe since the 1070's.  In 1976 for 6 weeks and 1979 for a summer.  In both instances whenever I was in German I had a constant craving for Chinese.  Thankfully they post menus outside in Europe.  I knew I was sunk when the menus were printed in Chinese and German.   :(

I prefer Indian to Chinese, but the closest good Indian food is in Baton Rouge (almost everyone says so).  There is a Sikh restaurant, but it is run by a very old couple, has 6 tables and outrageous prices. 

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 05:05:15 PM »
I haven't traveled to Europe since the 1070's.  In 1976 for 6 weeks and 1979 for a summer.  In both instances whenever I was in German I had a constant craving for Chinese.  Thankfully they post menus outside in Europe.  I knew I was sunk when the menus were printed in Chinese and German.   :(

I prefer Indian to Chinese, but the closest good Indian food is in Baton Rouge (almost everyone says so).  There is a Sikh restaurant, but it is run by a very old couple, has 6 tables and outrageous prices. 

:o  did you visit Hastings? 

You should try cooking your own  :)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »
I haven't traveled to Europe since the 1070's.  In 1976 for 6 weeks and 1979 for a summer.  In both instances whenever I was in German I had a constant craving for Chinese.  Thankfully they post menus outside in Europe.  I knew I was sunk when the menus were printed in Chinese and German.   :(

I prefer Indian to Chinese, but the closest good Indian food is in Baton Rouge (almost everyone says so).  There is a Sikh restaurant, but it is run by a very old couple, has 6 tables and outrageous prices.  

:o  did you visit Hastings?  

You should try cooking your own  :)

Yeah, that date was a major blooper.  

I need to clean the house and be able to get the kitchen in order so I can do the cooking I need to do.  I'm a slob and a hoarder par excellence, in the process of reforming.  I'd like to bake bread, make yogurt, cook ethnic foods, cook healthier, etc.  Today I feel like a sorry excuse for a human being, but hopefully tomorrow will be better.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
There's no better time to start.  And thats the hardest part.  I used to be a hoarder too, but keeping things just so they can be caked in dust, doesn't do you any good.  Just make a start in one room, and work your way through.  I really enjoying doing all that kind of stuff, and getting things organised  :autism:  You should really have a go at cooking and baking that kind of stuff.  Its like forcing yourself to get started, but then it gets easier.