Author Topic: What do you order?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What do you order?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »
There's no better time to start.  And thats the hardest part.  I used to be a hoarder too, but keeping things just so they can be caked in dust, doesn't do you any good.  Just make a start in one room, and work your way through.  I really enjoying doing all that kind of stuff, and getting things organised  :autism:  You should really have a go at cooking and baking that kind of stuff.  Its like forcing yourself to get started, but then it gets easier.

thanks for the thoughts.  I do make progress, but it's fits and starts.  Somehow I always find time for the computer, but not the house.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »
At an Indian I always have chicken tikka massala waith pilau rice and a nann bread. At Chinese I always havel lemon or orange chicken with fried rice, and at the pizza takeaway I always get a hawaiian, which is bacon and pineapple.

I'm not one for experimenting at all :laugh:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 05:39:43 PM »
There's no better time to start.  And thats the hardest part.  I used to be a hoarder too, but keeping things just so they can be caked in dust, doesn't do you any good.  Just make a start in one room, and work your way through.  I really enjoying doing all that kind of stuff, and getting things organised  :autism:  You should really have a go at cooking and baking that kind of stuff.  Its like forcing yourself to get started, but then it gets easier.

thanks for the thoughts.  I do make progress, but it's fits and starts.  Somehow I always find time for the computer, but not the house.

No probs.  I know what you mean, and its easily done like that.  I always feel guilty for being online etc lol.  But the more you make yourself do that kind of stuff, it stops becoming a chore.  If you have loads of clutter too, its like looking at the house and thinking "ok, where the hell do I start?"  I've still got an old slide, thats broken, from when I was a little kid.  Its up in the garage rafters.   
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 05:41:38 PM »
At an Indian I always have chicken tikka massala waith pilau rice and a nann bread. At Chinese I always havel lemon or orange chicken with fried rice, and at the pizza takeaway I always get a hawaiian, which is bacon and pineapple.

Have you tried the other types of nann?  Or the duck in pancakes?  It really could be worth the risk if you haven't  :P
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

midlifeaspie

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 07:59:59 PM »

Best naan is homemade.  Hand stretched and grilled over coals.   :viking:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 04:53:35 PM »
Doesn't sound very oriental though  :orly:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 04:59:19 PM »
Doesn't sound very oriental though  :orly:

How so?  In India this is a traditional method of cooking them, not using a fryer or an electric oven.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 05:08:16 PM »
Not in our Indian restaurants  :zoinks:  I couldn't imagine nann cooked like that though, being a lot dryer.  Even if its the right way.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 01:29:41 AM »
I don't have Chinese very often but when I do I like special fried rice and honey chicken. Also like the way Chinese does omelette.

I have never had Indian at a restaurant. My mum cooks chicken curry Thai style and I like that because it isn't hot, just a little bit spicy.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

eris

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2011, 01:43:40 AM »
my favorite from Chinese is something called Japanese chicken :D

I have no idea what it is, but it tastes kind of like it is smoked or something. And I like general tso's

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2011, 10:27:45 AM »
my favorite from Chinese is something called Japanese chicken :D

I have no idea what it is, but it tastes kind of like it is smoked or something. And I like general tso's

General tso's is awesome. :thumbup: Supposedly it's more an American-Chinese dish and not true Chinese. It's really good though.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2011, 11:42:02 AM »
Getting hungry again  :vibrator:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2011, 04:51:19 PM »

Have you tried the other types of nann?  Or the duck in pancakes?  It really could be worth the risk if you haven't  :P

I've tried garlic nann, and some others before I moved over here. They were nice, but I prefered the plain stuff. Now I'm lucky just to get the basics in the Indian takeaways. They are not as good as the ones in Scotland.

I've tried duck dishes before and it's OK, but I find it a bit chewy. I'm really weird about the textures of things that I eat.

Scrapheap

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2011, 01:31:31 PM »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2011, 06:33:12 PM »
My daughter and I just got home from the Chinese restaurant, where we ordered shrimp lo mein and combination fried rice.  I had hot and sour soup and my daughter had wonton soup.