Educational

Author Topic: Wisdom teeth extraction... what fun!  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
Wisdom teeth extraction... what fun!
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »
so this is a bit of a long winded story but a rather amusing/interesting or so my friends have said

so last friday... three days ago i went to get my wisdom teeth extracted as there was about a 50/50 chance they would cause problems when they came in. so i guess i will start in the dentists office... my foster dad drove me in there and walked me up, they had me lay down on a bed. as they were going to put me out for the procedure.  the anesthesiologist came in we exchanged some words, he talked with my foster dad and then when everything had been said the anesthesiologist came and started hooking me up to everything... he put one of those little nose pieces with oxygen flowing through it in my nose i dont know if there was something else in there but i started to feel really really calm after that... he then said "okay i need you to relax your hand, im going to insert the IV this will probably hurt a little" he inserted it and it did not hurt for shit i then made a smart ass comment about "my puppies hurt me more then that when we play"

the nurse then put a blanket over top of me and the anesthesiologist told me he was going to start the drugs, said "the medication works fast so dont be alarmed if you feel a little bit dizzy." i just waited at first i just felt really calm... then a little light headed then really dizzy... then the last thing i remember is looking at the ceiling of the room and having trouble focusing in on anything.

---------skip to here if you dont feel like reading about me getting put out---------------

so i came out of the anesthesia in a completely different room. looked up and saw a nurse... cant remember what she looked like just remember that she was there and i remember seeing a guy in the room across from me also about to get put under... the nurse was telling me i had to take it easy for the next few days as anything like a raised heart beat would dislodge the clots and i would end up with dry socket. i said drunkenly "okay ill just play videogames" and she said "poh you like video games?" i said "yuh" and told me the guy in the room across from me makes video games.... well i want to have a job making video games some day and me still kind of out of it i yelled into the other room "Hey you! im going to take your job!" i then blank out for a bit and next thing i know the nurse is trying to get me up to come into a different room and so i get up and walk two steps forward and then take another back and brace myself on the bed, dizzy as hell from the anesthetic but recovering fast. the nurse then promptly changes the gauze in my mouth and as they froze me well i was under i promptly bit the finger i thought she had removed but apparently she had not.

then i mostly recovered from the anesthetic was walking down the hall of the dentists office the nurse holding my arm... she decided to pass me over to my foster dad as we were now leaving the office who decided i was fine walking by my self. i almost fell over a few times but never quite managed to make it to the ground... i then forget everything once i left the door of the dentist office and next thing i remember is being in the land rover at a dairy queen my dad buying me a milkshake.

oh, i was also prescribed perkiest for the pain so im enjoying that right now too

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

TheoK

Re: Wisdom teeth extraction... what fun!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »
I have had all my wisdom teeth and two other molars extracted, but then again, I'm  :viking:

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 12:16:24 PM »
I have had all my wisdom teeth and two other molars extracted, but then again, I'm  :viking:

yea i have had every wisdom teeth extracted too... now i have 4 huge holes in my gums...

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »
Don't use a straw to drink your milkshake because the suction inside your mouth can dislodge the clots and lead to dry sockets, which are no fun at all.

TheoK

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:42:04 PM »
He must be BRAVE! :arrr:

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Don't use a straw to drink your milkshake because the suction inside your mouth can dislodge the clots and lead to dry sockets, which are no fun at all.

thank you callaway, this was about 2 days ago and i did get lectured on that from the dentists... but its nice to know someone cares! [quote

author=TheoK link=topic=17246.msg748579#msg748579 date=1303152124]
[/quote]

thank you!  :plus: to both!

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »

thank you callaway, this was about 2 days ago and i did get lectured on that from the dentists... but its nice to know someone cares! [quote

[/quote]

I got the lecture but I reasoned that if I used a straw, I could keep the milkshake out of the surgical areas better.

So I used a straw anyway and wound up with a dry socket.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 12:53:43 PM »

I got the lecture but I reasoned that if I used a straw, I could keep the milkshake out of the surgical areas better.

So I used a straw anyway and wound up with a dry socket.

[/quote]
 :zombiefuck: that sounds rather painfull!

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

TheoK

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 12:56:30 PM »
Getting a dry socket is  :viking:

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 01:00:01 PM »
Getting a dry socket is  :viking:

for some reason i think i disagree

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 01:18:04 PM »
Dude i was eating shit like taco bell and using straws and shit when I had mine out. Smoked like a fire, too. Nothing happened to me. True story.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 01:19:24 PM »
Dude i was eating shit like taco bell and using straws and shit when I had mine out. Smoked like a fire, too. Nothing happened to me. True story.

you are either being sarcastic or you were lucky as hell... either way im not going to try and do the same!

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
Not joking. Its not that big of a deal.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 01:27:24 PM »
Not joking. Its not that big of a deal.

id still rather not risk it.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

DukeNukem

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 01:33:10 PM »
I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago. Just a little pain and a lot of bleeding.

How is a dry socket, though?