Author Topic: Wisdom teeth extraction... what fun!  (Read 1167 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Wisdom teeth extraction... what fun!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 01:38:54 PM »
It's nice that they put you out for it.  I was awake on nothing but novocaine for my wisdom teeth extractions.  I did have anesthesia for an apicoectomy that totally sucked.  My jaw was so swollen I couldn't talk for days.  To this day it still bothers me that I don't remember anything up to, and including, how I got to the recovery room.  What did I say or do?  I hope I didn't embarrass myself  :autism:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »
lol that's what I worry about when I had my last seizure. I don't remember what happened \after it. Apparently I was swearing at the ambulance people and told my mum I "recognised her" but didn't know who she was :laugh:

just hope I didn't do anything really embarrassin

TheoK

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »
Ambulance for a wisdom tooth?  ???

:arrr:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 02:50:28 PM »
no I haven't had my wisdom teeth out yet, but probably will have to at some point
i have had other teeth out but not those

the ambulance was for a seizure I had - I didn't call it, someone else did

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »
The first one I had out was on it's side and the guy was fucking brutal, my jaw was bruised for a week, so when I had to get the two pulled up top by the same guy I requested to be put out.

They said I started screaming at the top of my lungs while I was under, I didn't remember a damn thing...scared the total shit out of everyone still in the waiting room.  :laugh:

The last one I got an older dentist to pull, I was still waiting for him to get it over with and he was done already. He was awesome.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:03 PM »
I like the Dairy Queen part haha! Wisdom teeth sucks. Had three of mine out. My first one was impossible and the dentist was pulling like crazy. I'd rather have them out awake than be put under. Don't like the idea of unnecessary drugs. But in some cases they suggest you be put out.
Park.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 08:36:58 PM »
Only two wisdom teeth ever even appeared in my mouth, and they weren't impacted, but for whatever reason, I had general anesthesia anyway.
Then I took codeine at home until it made me jittery, at which time I stopped taking it. I had no pain before the surgery and very little pain after.
However, one of my molars was pushed sideways  by the emerging wisdom tooth on that side, so I guess it had to come out!   :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

midlifeaspie

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »
Only two wisdom teeth ever even appeared in my mouth, and they weren't impacted, but for whatever reason, I had general anesthesia anyway.
Then I took codeine at home until it made me jittery, at which time I stopped taking it. I had no pain before the surgery and very little pain after.
However, one of my molars was pushed sideways  by the emerging wisdom tooth on that side, so I guess it had to come out!   :chin:

Mine came in sideways too and they didn't figure it out until I was 30.  I guess the younger you are the less tangled your facial nerves and tooth roots are.   :(

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 08:45:04 PM »

Mine came in sideways too and they didn't figure it out until I was 30.  I guess the younger you are the less tangled your facial nerves and tooth roots are.   :(

Did you have pain from your crooked molars? Honestly, mine didn't hurt at all, the worst part was the post-op nausea!   :happypuke:

People forget.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »

Did you have pain from your crooked molars? Honestly, mine didn't hurt at all, the worst part was the post-op nausea!   :happypuke:

It all started when one erupted when I was 29.  It immediately got infected for some reason having to do with poor blood supply and had to be removed.  Once that one was removed my teeth shifted enough to cause the one on the other side to finally erupt and it did the exact same thing.   ???

They were sore, but not incredibly painful.  The recovery was painful and the memory of the snapping and cracking sounds during surgery are painful.  I would have preferred anesthesia.  :tinfoil:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »

My bottom two wisdom teeth were impacted and were extracted when I was in my early twenties and that's when I got the dry socket.  My top two weren't developed enough to remove then so I had to wait until I was thirty-five to have them extracted.  One of these had only one root, which penetrated my sinus, so I had to take antibiotics for a while after that extraction.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 08:49:15 PM »

It all started when one erupted when I was 29.  It immediately got infected for some reason having to do with poor blood supply and had to be removed.  Once that one was removed my teeth shifted enough to cause the one on the other side to finally erupt and it did the exact same thing.   ???

They were sore, but not incredibly painful.  The recovery was painful and the memory of the snapping and cracking sounds during surgery are painful.  I would have preferred anesthesia.  :tinfoil:

I guess I shouldn't complain about my post-op puking then. I hope you healed OK from the whole thing and have no lasting problems.  :viking:

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 06:28:33 AM »
I had my two top wisdom teeth out when I was 26 and at the same time had major jaw surgery where they split it and brought it forward (to correct an overbite) If they hadn't told me they took my wisdom teeth out, I wouldn't have known.

I was worried about post-op puking as well as I had my jaw wired shut for 24 hours after the surgery. Can you imagine puking with your jaw wired shut? Anyway, I didn't have to worry as I had a tube going down into my stomach and the nurses kept siphoning out whatever was down there (lots of blood from what I saw).

Good on you, Zippo, you were :viking:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 06:29:42 AM »
I had my two top wisdom teeth out when I was 26 and at the same time had major jaw surgery where they split it and brought it forward (to correct an overbite) If they hadn't told me they took my wisdom teeth out, I wouldn't have known.

I was worried about post-op puking as well as I had my jaw wired shut for 24 hours after the surgery. Can you imagine puking with your jaw wired shut? Anyway, I didn't have to worry as I had a tube going down into my stomach and the nurses kept siphoning out whatever was down there (lots of blood from what I saw).

That sounds awful!  Was the jaw surgery worth all that?  Are you pleased with the results?   :orly:

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 06:34:31 AM »
It was actually the least painful surgery I have had. When I got a lump removed from my knee that hurt a whole lot more.

The jaw surgery was part of orthodontic work I had done - braces for two years and the surgery in the middle of it. And I am reasonably pleased, it has done a lot for my self confidence to be able to smile without worrying about how bad my teeth look.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae