Educational

Author Topic: MidlifeAspie  (Read 14100 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: MidlifeAspie
« Reply #285 on: February 27, 2013, 05:45:42 PM »
You may have answered this before but I am lazy so I will ask again.  Are you going to stay in the insurance industry as a lawyer after you finish law school? 

Also your thoughts on an idea.  Many places are so worried about liability they restrict access so I was thinking of some sort of waiver I could give a property owner to ease their minds based on they way they do things around here with hunting.  What are your thoughts on this from an insurance companies/lawyer perspective

Will depend on the money.  Insurance law seems rather boring, but is probably the easiest job I could get.  If I can get a job that pays well enough and leaves me with enough free time to pursue the things I like on a pro bono basis (Civil rights, indigent services, environmental, innocence project, hippie liberal causes in general) then I would have to think long and hard about that.

Liability waivers are common, pretty easy to put together, and generally very effective.  I don't 100% understand your question though.  You want to give a property owner a liability waiver that you have signed when hunting on their property?

Not hunting that was an example, here if you get hurt hunting on someones property the rules of liability are different.  Around here people are paranoid about liability and there are lots of great places to take the dog out or explore but they are off limits people won't even consider letting you on the property citing insurance regulations.  I was wondering how hard it would be to have fill in the blank waivers and if insurance companies would accept them without a problem.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #286 on: February 28, 2013, 01:13:01 AM »
An insurance company would be happy to use a liability waiver as evidence that they are not responsible for an injury, but as to whether they would advise their policyholder that they are okay with people exposing themselves to potential danger ... Probably not.  Insurance companies are extremely conservative.  I would think the harder issue to overcome would be convincing the landowner that the waiver would protect them.  It almost certainly would.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tucker-max/law-school_b_2713943.html

The "Why you shouldn't go to law school" articles are absolutely rampant.  I can provide you with 30 more if this is something you are actually considering.  For many people it's a terrible idea, and everyone should make that decision with their eyes open and aware of the potential downside.  2011 graduates have a 60% employment rate right now, at least in jobs that require a JD.  Yet, almost 100% of graduates leave with some kind of debt, most in the 6-figure range.  If you don't graduate from a top 10 school (think Harvard, Yale, Columbia) then you had better graduate in the top half of your class if you want to obtain a job that can pay off your debt load.  (Tuition inflation is partly responsible for the high cost of legal fees btw)

So, yes, going to law school is a bad idea for at least half of everyone who attends.  Far too many people attend for the wrong reason, and not everyone can excel.  It's kind of sad, but a risk that one takes.  Fortunately I am in the top 10% of my class, and as long as I stay there I will have my choice of six-figure offers in any state I should choose to reside.

Speaking of poorly made educational decisions, what can you do with half a Geology degree?  Overall, do you think it is a good or bad idea to attend college if you can't manage to finish?  Was the debt worth it, or were you at a cheap school (community college, third tier toilet, etc)?  You can't apply to law school until you have an undergraduate degree, so if this is a route you are serious about you will need to apply yourself in the short term and finish that up, then you can focus on the LSAT.  If you need any advice, let me know.  I excelled both in obtaining my undergraduate degree and taking the LSAT.  I'm happy to give you some pointers.

Still here for you if you need it Scrappy  :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2015, 02:49:27 PM »
Unlocked. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #289 on: April 17, 2015, 02:54:22 PM »
 :popcorn:
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #290 on: April 17, 2015, 02:56:21 PM »
Hi TA. Welcome back.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #291 on: April 17, 2015, 02:59:31 PM »
Hi TA. Welcome back.

Ohai webmaster type person

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #292 on: April 17, 2015, 06:50:54 PM »
Thanks. :)

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #293 on: April 17, 2015, 06:53:07 PM »

Whatcha so interested in here TA?

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #294 on: April 17, 2015, 07:05:57 PM »

Whatcha so interested in here TA?

Stuff generally happens in this thread

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #295 on: April 17, 2015, 07:59:29 PM »
Not in the past 26 months or so

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #296 on: April 17, 2015, 08:02:27 PM »
Not in the past 26 months or so

Not really, no

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2015, 02:55:12 AM »
MLA is back :party:

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2015, 09:28:11 AM »
Hi Marion/Sinnocent  :santa:

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2015, 05:12:38 PM »
Nope, not factual either.

Jesus approves of bestiality?

Quite plainly not, but do you think God approves of false accusations?

There is no God, but if there was do you really think he would approve of your mounting that manatee?  I think it is probably cruel to the manatee.  Does the manatee know you are on here ogling women's breasts and assorted phalluses with shiny metal rings on them?  Does she know what you are doing on collarme and that felching site?  Can a manatee cry?  Do they feel disappointment?  These are the trying questions of our day.  It would have been so much easier living during the days when Jesus walked the earth.  Be Like Him.....

There is a God, and you will be held accountable for every word you've said by God.

God can lick my slimy brown asshole.

I'll fuck you till you love me Nathan  :eyebrows:

I miss Nathan