Author Topic: MidlifeAspie  (Read 14072 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: MidlifeAspie
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2012, 03:21:18 PM »
 :asthing:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #271 on: November 02, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »
Hi Guests :santa:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #272 on: November 02, 2012, 07:55:44 PM »
Hi Guests :santa:

Goodness gracious, man!  You'll frighten them away!
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Scrapheap

« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2013, 09:05:46 PM »
:poop:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2013, 09:57:33 AM »

Was that a question?  :zoinks:

Are you feeling sad?

Scrapheap

« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2013, 11:20:43 PM »

Scrapheap

« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2013, 11:21:02 PM »

Scrapheap

« Reply #277 on: January 29, 2013, 11:21:22 PM »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2013, 11:13:56 AM »
Nobody has ever doubted your intelligence or eloquence Scrappy.  We stand dumbfounded and in awe of your glory.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #279 on: January 30, 2013, 10:01:41 PM »
Good grief.  I remember Lazarus Long from reading him in the last 1960's or early 1970's.  Thanks for bringing a good memory to my forehead.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #280 on: January 31, 2013, 01:15:16 AM »
Isn't he a Heinlein character?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2013, 03:18:03 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tucker-max/law-school_b_2713943.html

The "Why you shouldn't go to law school" articles are absolutely rampant.  I can provide you with 30 more if this is something you are actually considering.  For many people it's a terrible idea, and everyone should make that decision with their eyes open and aware of the potential downside.  2011 graduates have a 60% employment rate right now, at least in jobs that require a JD.  Yet, almost 100% of graduates leave with some kind of debt, most in the 6-figure range.  If you don't graduate from a top 10 school (think Harvard, Yale, Columbia) then you had better graduate in the top half of your class if you want to obtain a job that can pay off your debt load.  (Tuition inflation is partly responsible for the high cost of legal fees btw)

So, yes, going to law school is a bad idea for at least half of everyone who attends.  Far too many people attend for the wrong reason, and not everyone can excel.  It's kind of sad, but a risk that one takes.  Fortunately I am in the top 10% of my class, and as long as I stay there I will have my choice of six-figure offers in any state I should choose to reside.

Speaking of poorly made educational decisions, what can you do with half a Geology degree?  Overall, do you think it is a good or bad idea to attend college if you can't manage to finish?  Was the debt worth it, or were you at a cheap school (community college, third tier toilet, etc)?  You can't apply to law school until you have an undergraduate degree, so if this is a route you are serious about you will need to apply yourself in the short term and finish that up, then you can focus on the LSAT.  If you need any advice, let me know.  I excelled both in obtaining my undergraduate degree and taking the LSAT.  I'm happy to give you some pointers.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #283 on: February 27, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »
You may have answered this before but I am lazy so I will ask again.  Are you going to stay in the insurance industry as a lawyer after you finish law school? 

Also your thoughts on an idea.  Many places are so worried about liability they restrict access so I was thinking of some sort of waiver I could give a property owner to ease their minds based on they way they do things around here with hunting.  What are your thoughts on this from an insurance companies/lawyer perspective
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2013, 04:15:44 PM »
You may have answered this before but I am lazy so I will ask again.  Are you going to stay in the insurance industry as a lawyer after you finish law school? 

Also your thoughts on an idea.  Many places are so worried about liability they restrict access so I was thinking of some sort of waiver I could give a property owner to ease their minds based on they way they do things around here with hunting.  What are your thoughts on this from an insurance companies/lawyer perspective

Will depend on the money.  Insurance law seems rather boring, but is probably the easiest job I could get.  If I can get a job that pays well enough and leaves me with enough free time to pursue the things I like on a pro bono basis (Civil rights, indigent services, environmental, innocence project, hippie liberal causes in general) then I would have to think long and hard about that.

Liability waivers are common, pretty easy to put together, and generally very effective.  I don't 100% understand your question though.  You want to give a property owner a liability waiver that you have signed when hunting on their property?