Author Topic: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?  (Read 11712 times)

eris

Re: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:22 PM »
I remember about 2 years ago this happened not too far from where I live

Some lady called the cops on her son, and when the cops came to to door he shot all thee of them in the head and killed then

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/04/police-several-pa-officer_n_183130.html

"Richard Poplawski, 23, met officers at the doorway and shot two of them in the head immediately, Harper said. An officer who tried to help the two also was killed.
Poplawski, armed with an assault rifle and two other guns, then held police at bay for four hours as the fallen officers were left bleeding nearby, their colleagues unable to reach them, according to police and witnesses. More than 100 rounds were fired by the SWAT teams and Poplawski, Harper said"

If he gets a gun, I want one too.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »
Fucked up.

If someone's got a gun, then you can be dead like that. Whereas if they're only armed with a knife you've got more of a chance imo

There was also that american politician in the news this week. I saw a 9 year old girl was killed there? Whatever people think about gun laws, I really think something like that is a LOT less likely to happen in the UK

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »
I'd happily get a gun if I had the chance, mostly because I will go ballistic if I my place was being burgled. I simply don't see letting them get away with it as an option.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »

I suspect that you are so far removed from reality that you have no concept of the difference between a defensive weapon and an offensive one.

So in America you have guns that only fire when you're under attack? Cool

Do not be a twit.

Mine do.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »
I'd happily get a gun if I had the chance, mostly because I will go ballistic if I my place was being burgled. I simply don't see letting them get away with it as an option.

You would make a decent sort of neighbor.

We may need fences, but we could subsist near one another, maybe.

:laugh:

Hope you do not mind loud rock music. :headbang2:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 07:27:59 PM »
GO DUCKS!!!

I think my first gun is losing some pre-cum.

I prefer this subject, actually.

Osensitive1

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »
Didn't read the whole thread, but people who live without guns don't understand those who do. Kids getting shot? A few months ago, heard about a baby getting killed by being tossed out the window of a moving car on the freeway. People are sick.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 07:55:42 PM »
Didn't read the whole thread, but people who live without guns don't understand those who do. Kids getting shot? A few months ago, heard about a baby getting killed by being tossed out the window of a moving car on the freeway. People are sick.

Very true!

Hey, when I was a teen, one of my best friends was beaten to death with a baseball bat. Do we outlaw baseball?  

... or do we find a way to not hate?

My carrying a weapon with me at all times has nothing to do with whether or not I hate people. I DO hate people, but I choose to live with them. I can not do otherwise in this life. It is just that, some of the people in this world, I do not trust to do the right thing, without some encouragement.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2011, 07:56:38 PM »
some of the people in this world, I do not trust to do the right thing, without some encouragement.

So you give them a gun... nice logic there

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »
some of the people in this world, I do not trust to do the right thing, without some encouragement.

So you give them a gun... nice logic there

No, dumbass!

I make sure that I know more about handling a gun than they do.

Very simple!

eris

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2011, 07:58:04 PM »
I think the point is that we arent giving bad people guns - they already have guns, we're protecting ourselves from the people that will have guns no matter what

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »
I do like playing with guns, but surely the easier it is to get hold of guns, and the more guns there are in circulation, the more chance there is of gun related incedents. It's OK saying that it's a good idea to have them for self-defence if someone breaks into your house, but that just means that the burglar is more likely to carry a gun. Therefore the people who choose not to keep a gun are in more danger.

Also, what happens when someone who has a gun for self-defence has a breakdown? It is so much easier for him to go on a rampage and kill lots of people.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »

Very true!

Hey, when I was a teen, one of my best friends was beaten to death with a baseball bat. Do we outlaw baseball?  

... or do we find a way to not hate?

My carrying a weapon with me at all times has nothing to do with whether or not I hate people. I DO hate people, but I choose to live with them. I can not do otherwise in this life. It is just that, some of the people in this world, I do not trust to do the right thing, without some encouragement.

For me that is one reason why it is not a good idea to let people carry guns.

eris

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 08:35:51 PM »
I do like playing with guns, but surely the easier it is to get hold of guns, and the more guns there are in circulation, the more chance there is of gun related incedents. It's OK saying that it's a good idea to have them for self-defence if someone breaks into your house, but that just means that the burglar is more likely to carry a gun. Therefore the people who choose not to keep a gun are in more danger.

Also, what happens when someone who has a gun for self-defence has a breakdown? It is so much easier for him to go on a rampage and kill lots of people.

^^ Everything you just said is basically true, but it's impossible to fight it. Having morals is fine, but the world is going to be harsh .

especially this part

"Therefore the people who choose not to keep a gun are in more danger"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2011, 08:42:51 PM »

Exactly. How many people flip out and punch someone or attack someone in another way? Usually it doesn't result in death. If that person had a gun, it's more likely that it would/. There was a guy here who had a gun (hunting) and he had a breakdown and shot a load of people. That's an isolated incident in this country, but if we all had guns then I reckon it would be much more common.

Look at the school shootings. We don't get those here