Educational

Author Topic: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?  (Read 11679 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »
But muggings usually happen on the street, right? I wouldn't have my gun with me then :P

... exactly, cunty gun laws and such. :lol:

What do you mean? I was assuming that even if we did allow guns here, we wouldn't allow them on the streets

As I stated, earlier, you lot have turned your arses skyward over a century ago.

Why THE FUCK would you NOT be allowed to CARRY your weapons with you, FFS!!!

Everyone walking round the street with a loaded gun on them? Yeah... sounds like a really safe place to raise your kids  :snowman:

Scrapheap

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 06:19:58 PM »
I thought there was ammo that can only immobilise at best, no?

Not that I've ever heard of.

A .22 air rifle to the temple, through the eye socket or straight into the aorta will kill you just as dead as a blast from a 12ga. shotgun.  The shotgun simply requires less skill to kill.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 06:20:55 PM »
If it isn't guns, people will find other ways to kill others. Remove all dangerous items and they'll use their fists. Humans are extremely inventive when it comes to their killing.

I personally don't see the problem on guns, although there should be strict regulations when it comes to obtaining them like psychriatric evaluation, age limits, extra licenses to use more harmful ammo. If people try to burgle your house etc, you should be able to defend yourself.

I'd rather take my chances against people with knives and fists than a loaded gun though

That's just the point.  You are assuming that if you can't get a gun then neither can the criminals, but drug dealers and other criminals can find ways to get illegal guns, while law-abiding citizens like yourself don't.  What's to keep a person with a gun from breaking into your house?

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 06:22:33 PM »
Gun laws are pretty much non existant over here, not even the police force can have guns (except special branch in certain areas). The only way you can obtain one is to get a hunting license, and even then the regulations on what gun, ammo etc. to use is strict.

Gun crime is thankfuly very low. :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 06:23:44 PM »
You are assuming that if you can't get a gun then neither can the criminals,

Wrong. I said the exact opposite in an earlier post. Of course criminals get guns here. But they mostly use them on each other. Gun violence here is predominantly gang-related and usually to do with drugs.

If a guy with a gun broke into my house, would I even have TIME to find my gun and load it before they got to me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »
But muggings usually happen on the street, right? I wouldn't have my gun with me then :P

... exactly, cunty gun laws and such. :lol:

What do you mean? I was assuming that even if we did allow guns here, we wouldn't allow them on the streets

As I stated, earlier, you lot have turned your arses skyward over a century ago.

Why THE FUCK would you NOT be allowed to CARRY your weapons with you, FFS!!!

Everyone walking round the street with a loaded gun on them? Yeah... sounds like a really safe place to raise your kids  :snowman:

I suspect that you are so far removed from reality that you have no concept of the difference between a defensive weapon and an offensive one.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 06:26:14 PM »
GO DUCKS!!!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »

I suspect that you are so far removed from reality that you have no concept of the difference between a defensive weapon and an offensive one.

So in America you have guns that only fire when you're under attack? Cool

Scrapheap

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 06:30:03 PM »
GO DUCKS!!!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »
She has nice tits

eris

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 06:32:11 PM »
She does have nice tits. I live in a big city and the gun crime is really really high. It is very likely that these horrible things could happen, and maybe you just live in a nicer world where people dont need to worry about such things as much.

I dont have a gun right now, but I live alone, so I kinda wish i did have one.

And sure you can carry them with you...why not ? And you can have a plan of someone breaks into your house as well.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2011, 06:36:52 PM »
But how do you know where you are gonna be when someone breaks in? You'd need to be nearer to the gun than to them. Then you need to load it.

I do live in a fairly good area crime-wise, you have a point there. I think even if I lived in the city though I wouldn't want a gun.

Seems weird to let any random person walk around the street with a gun. We have a binge-drinking problem in this country. There's a lot of violence associated with that. If they had guns on them then I reckon it'd be a lot worse

eris

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
I know you cant be sure you can get to it, but I still think it is worth having. And having a gun is a big responsibility and I agree there should be strict laws regulating gun ownership, but banning guns outright is suicide.

What would you do if the dead came back to life and wanted to eat our brains ?  :P

and here is a serious question: what about places outside of the westen world ? I think if I lived in Somalia or Columbia or some place like that I think it would be almost a matter of survival to have a gun

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Yeah definitely. I would want a gun if I lived in a really fucked up place

like the United States of America  :LOL:

eris

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »
 :lol: