Author Topic: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?  (Read 11677 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's much safer living here than most parts of the US

What do I need to protect mself with a gun from? (other than the unlikely event that someone will baek into my house while I am here and threaten me while I have time to get my gun and load it)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 06:06:31 PM »
:laugh: Honestly? I feel like arguing. Not necessarily drama. Something to post in though. I can't be arsed with just the usual crap much anymore
But I definitely do prefer the gun laws we have in this country though, rather than american ones

but the "bad guys" will still have guns. I think it is important to be able to defend yourself.

Here the "bad guys" almost exclusively use them on each other - it's usually gang related and drugs related. Very unlikely I will ever get shot. If my neighbours all had guns though...

Most of my neighbors even here in liberal Ct have guns and I have never been or feared being shot.  I grew up with them too

If you had need of a weapon tonight, you would knock on his door, right?

:laugh:

Not likely but I needed to go hunting or something I could manage one with a days notice..   As for other things there are many things just about as dangerous in the confines of a house that are secreted  all around my house shed and car.  My wife is very anti  gun and I at the moment have none but am considering it in the future
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

eris

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 06:06:54 PM »
:laugh: Honestly? I feel like arguing. Not necessarily drama. Something to post in though. I can't be arsed with just the usual crap much anymore
But I definitely do prefer the gun laws we have in this country though, rather than american ones

but the "bad guys" will still have guns. I think it is important to be able to defend yourself.

Here the "bad guys" almost exclusively use them on each other - it's usually gang related and drugs related. Very unlikely I will ever get shot. If my neighbours all had guns though...

What if a gang member or drug addict wanted to rob you ? That isnt unheard of. I got mugged once. I guess you'll say that's cause I'm an American  ;) ;D

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »
If it isn't guns, people will find other ways to kill others. Remove all dangerous items and they'll use their fists. Humans are extremely inventive when it comes to their killing.

I personally don't see the problem on guns, although there should be strict regulations when it comes to obtaining them like psychriatric evaluation, age limits, extra licenses to use more harmful ammo. If people try to burgle your house etc, you should be able to defend yourself.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
But muggings usually happen on the street, right? I wouldn't have my gun with me then :P

Scrapheap

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 06:09:42 PM »

I have a ten year old daughter and an eleven year old son who can both shoot fairly well with a target pistol.

That's pretty disgusting to me. Not to mention scary.

I personally feel much safer in a country with stricter gun laws than I would in the US

Slave!  :finger:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 06:10:28 PM »
If it isn't guns, people will find other ways to kill others. Remove all dangerous items and they'll use their fists. Humans are extremely inventive when it comes to their killing.

I personally don't see the problem on guns, although there should be strict regulations when it comes to obtaining them like psychriatric evaluation, age limits, extra licenses to use more harmful ammo. If people try to burgle your house etc, you should be able to defend yourself.

I'd rather take my chances against people with knives and fists than a loaded gun though

Scrapheap

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »
... extra licenses to use more harmful ammo...

There's no such thing. A FMJ round nose will kill you just as dead as a hollow point.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 06:14:15 PM »
I thought there was ammo that can only immobilise at best, no?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 06:14:30 PM »

There's no such thing. A FMJ round nose will kill you just as dead as a hollow point.

Which is why I'd much prefer a fist to the face than a bullet  :autism:

EDIT: although I AM incredibly good looking... maybe I should reconsider this...

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 06:14:42 PM »

A cannon round is deadlier than either. ;)
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 06:15:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's much safer living here than most parts of the US

What do I need to protect mself with a gun from? (other than the unlikely event that someone will baek into my house while I am here and threaten me while I have time to get my gun and load it)

Fair enough.  

At least now, I can see how useless and asinine this topic is and was from the moment of its creation.

I hope that trouble never comes your way, because you will be completely helpless to defend yourself from severe harm.

Now you know a bit more about me and I know a bit more about you.  

Simply put, do not try to break into my house, if you want to celebrate another birthday. In fact you would be wise to steer clear of this entire division of the city.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
But muggings usually happen on the street, right? I wouldn't have my gun with me then :P

... exactly, cunty gun laws and such. :lol:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »

What do you mean? I was assuming that even if we did allow guns here, we wouldn't allow them on the streets

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 06:18:58 PM »

What do you mean? I was assuming that even if we did allow guns here, we wouldn't allow them on the streets

As I stated, earlier, you lot have turned your arses skyward over a century ago.

Why THE FUCK would you NOT be allowed to CARRY your weapons with you, FFS!!!