Educational

Author Topic: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?  (Read 11678 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?
« on: January 10, 2011, 03:54:12 PM »
I mean I understand that you're all morbidly obese so can't run if someone breaks into your house, but don't you think it's kinda retarded when people can go out and buy a gun and shoot a little kid?

I'm glad I live here, even though it is kinda shitty here too. At least I probably won't get shot, just stabbed maybe  :dunno:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »
It's because you shouldn't have to run if someone breaks into your house.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:25:06 PM »
I mean I understand that you're all morbidly obese so can't run if someone breaks into your house, but don't you think it's kinda retarded when people can go out and buy a gun and shoot a little kid?

I'm glad I live here, even though it is kinda shitty here too. At least I probably won't get shot, just stabbed maybe  :dunno:

Our Constitution gave us the right to bear arms so if one of your Redcoat soldiers dared to come into one of our houses without being invited first, we could shoot the bastard, rather than being forced to run away in fear.

eris

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 05:38:59 PM »
It's because you shouldn't have to run if someone breaks into your house.

agreed :thumbup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 05:45:16 PM »

What is this about?

If there is ONE country on the globe with cunty gun laws, it is any manifest of Britain and all its subjects have come to accept.

You ignorant people turned your arses skyward over a century ago and allowed any amount of plummeting to seem as your normal way of dealing with an attack.

I have a ten year old daughter and an eleven year old son who can both shoot fairly well with a target pistol. Their education will continue as they grow older. My hope is that they will both someday become as "second nature" as I am with my weapons.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 05:48:17 PM »
Admittedly, some types of weapons must be registered with the federal government and some types of weaponry are restricted, but at  least Law Abiding Americans can carry our own means of self defense, for the most part.

What are you talking about?

Are you making a reference to the "Arizona shooting"  or something? 

If so, then you must understand that Arizona Representative Gilfords was a liberal. Arizona is mostly a conservative state, although the voting has not shown this recently. One retard took things into his own hands instead of using his right to vote. This is sad, but it had nothing to do with gun laws.

DO NOT ATTEMPT SPIN THIS TRAGEDY AS BEING ABOUT GUN LAWS< PLEASE>.

Guns do not kill people. People do!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:53:59 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 05:50:28 PM »

I have a ten year old daughter and an eleven year old son who can both shoot fairly well with a target pistol.

That's pretty disgusting to me. Not to mention scary.

I personally feel much safer in a country with stricter gun laws than I would in the US

eris

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 05:52:24 PM »
but the "bad guys" will still have guns. I think it is important to be able to defend yourself.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 05:52:29 PM »

I have a ten year old daughter and an eleven year old son who can both shoot fairly well with a target pistol.

I personally feel much safer in a country with stricter gun laws than I would in the US

Do you really feel this strongly about the issue, or are you simply trying to start drama because you feel that the forum is becoming boring?

I'm just curious.

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 05:54:51 PM »
:laugh: Honestly? I feel like arguing. Not necessarily drama. Something to post in though. I can't be arsed with just the usual crap much anymore
But I definitely do prefer the gun laws we have in this country though, rather than american ones

but the "bad guys" will still have guns. I think it is important to be able to defend yourself.

Here the "bad guys" almost exclusively use them on each other - it's usually gang related and drugs related. Very unlikely I will ever get shot. If my neighbours all had guns though...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 05:55:23 PM »

I think you are scary.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 05:58:33 PM »
:laugh: Honestly? I feel like arguing. Not necessarily drama. Something to post in though. I can't be arsed with just the usual crap much anymore
But I definitely do prefer the gun laws we have in this country though, rather than american ones

Here the "bad guys" almost exclusively use them on each other - it's usually gang related and drugs related. Very unlikely I will ever get shot. If my neighbours all had guns though...

Most of my neighbors even here in liberal Ct have guns and I have never been or feared being shot.  I grew up with them too
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 05:58:38 PM »

It is important to understand that any law restricting weaponry from law abiding citizens does not apply to those who do not subscribe to the law.  Once all the guns are taken from law abiding citizens, then the only people who will have guns are those who do not abide by the law of the land.

In other words, we will be like British subjects. No way to defend our freedoms, nor our own personal ways of life.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »

Do you really feel this strongly about the issue, or are you simply trying to start drama because you feel that the forum is becoming boring?

I'm just curious.

Perhaps I should explain. Earlier today you started three new threads on the controversial topics of teen sex, abortion and gun control. Your original posts consist of very brief descriptions of the controversy in question, and you made a polarized statement on the issue on two of the threads. In this thread, you do not even have a coherent argument. You are simply throwing out insults. This is unusual behavior for you, so I believe that you are trying to get some sort of reaction out of your readers. The obvious reaction to an insult is outrage, so it seems logical to believe that you are trying to start an argument.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 06:00:08 PM »

Most of my neighbors even here in liberal Ct have guns and I have never been or feared being shot.  I grew up with them too

If you had need of a weapon tonight, you would knock on his door, right?

I only know of three houses in the extended neighborhood who do not have weapons to defend themselves.

I can not imagine living in an environment where the criminal element had nothing to fear from the average home owner.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:04:19 PM by DirtDawg »