Educational

Author Topic: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.  (Read 16612 times)

P7PSP

Re: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »
Have you ever been banned/thrown out of anywhere?
IRL or on internet
I have been asked to leave a few bars when I was younger. I have never been kicked off of an online forum, I guess I have a knack for getting along with others online.  :zoinks:

Go over to WP and call Alex a fag if you want to add that notch to your belt.  :zoinks:
I don't want to spoil a perfect record of getting along with others. Besides that, I may want to go tell Richard to suck Alex's friend's dick again.  :zoinks: Not really, Richard and I declared a truce.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2011, 08:59:04 AM »
Ever play with any of these?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2011, 09:27:30 AM »
Heroes in literature and in movies. People you admire for what they are.
Conan, Sidney Carton, Scarlett O'Hara, Paul Baumer, Ender Wiggins, Paul Atreides and Stee Jans from literature.

Archimedes, Pythagoras, Hooke, Boyle, Pascal, Rutherford and van Bohr among others in the sciences.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Paul Jones (the USN was my branch), Stephen Decatur, Anthony McAuliffe and the men @ Bastogne with him, the French defenders @ Bir Hakeim, Anzacs @ Gallipoli were all bad motherfuckers.

One hero who's name I don't know is a Chief on the USS Forrestal who ran out on the deck to save a pilot who's canopy would not open due to damage from the fire. With the plane about to be enveloped in flames he raced out with a 15 lb fire bottle in each hand (they actually weigh 30 - 35 lbs gross) and just before he reached the plane it all blew up. The USN shows the Forrestal fire film to all fire fighting classes to illustrate the importance of doing your job and teamwork. I saw it in the 3 day intro class @ RTC in San Diego and in the 2 week class @ FRAMP School @ NAS Norfolk. 

Nice list  :thumbup:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

P7PSP

« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »

No, a few years ago I thought of ordering flechettes but I ended up sticking with 9 pellet 00 buck or 1 ounce slugs. Dragon Breath looks fun but catching an enemy on fire would probably look worse to a Grand Jury or trial Jury than nailing them with 9 54 grain pellets @ 1400 fps.  :2thumbsup: That is an entertaining video though, ha does a nice presentation.  :thumbup:

P7PSP

« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2011, 02:03:47 PM »
Heroes in literature and in movies. People you admire for what they are.
Conan, Sidney Carton, Scarlett O'Hara, Paul Baumer, Ender Wiggins, Paul Atreides and Stee Jans from literature.

Archimedes, Pythagoras, Hooke, Boyle, Pascal, Rutherford and van Bohr among others in the sciences.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Paul Jones (the USN was my branch), Stephen Decatur, Anthony McAuliffe and the men @ Bastogne with him, the French defenders @ Bir Hakeim, Anzacs @ Gallipoli were all bad motherfuckers.

One hero who's name I don't know is a Chief on the USS Forrestal who ran out on the deck to save a pilot who's canopy would not open due to damage from the fire. With the plane about to be enveloped in flames he raced out with a 15 lb fire bottle in each hand (they actually weigh 30 - 35 lbs gross) and just before he reached the plane it all blew up. The USN shows the Forrestal fire film to all fire fighting classes to illustrate the importance of doing your job and teamwork. I saw it in the 3 day intro class @ RTC in San Diego and in the 2 week class @ FRAMP School @ NAS Norfolk. 

Nice list  :thumbup:
Thanks mate.  :thumbup: I didn't put my uncle on the list because no one would know his name. He started in Vietnam with The Big Red One, got a CIB and then ended up with the AHC 162nd Condor Squadron as a door gunner. He, and the tug office crew at Port Chicago, Naval Weapons Station Concord California (they loaded bombs and supplies on AE ships headed to Vietnam) were probably the two big influences on me going in the military.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2011, 02:26:51 PM »

No, a few years ago I thought of ordering flechettes but I ended up sticking with 9 pellet 00 buck or 1 ounce slugs. Dragon Breath looks fun but catching an enemy on fire would probably look worse to a Grand Jury or trial Jury than nailing them with 9 54 grain pellets @ 1400 fps.  :2thumbsup: That is an entertaining video though, ha does a nice presentation.  :thumbup:

I didn't know things like that actually existed.  :o

And yes he does do a nice presentation I actually understood what he was saying  :laugh:
He's not too bad looking either  :orly:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

P7PSP

« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2011, 02:31:06 PM »
One thing I have noted about Russian immigrants here Squid is they all seem to appreciate being able to have guns legally.  :viking:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »
One thing I have noted about Russian immigrants here Squid is they all seem to appreciate being able to have guns legally.  :viking:

Would you ever live in a country in which you could NOT legally own a gun?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »

Given how life can be in Russia , i'm not suprised.  :-\

I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »

They will not hesitate to use them either
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2011, 07:50:23 PM »

In Soviet Russia, gun shoots YOU!

P7PSP

« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2011, 07:55:48 PM »
 :lol:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »

In Soviet Russia, gun shoots YOU!

Don't forget the smiley!  ----->  :bint:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2011, 08:49:26 PM »
How did you find CBC to be like IRL?

P7PSP

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »
How did you find CBC to be like IRL?
Easy to get along with. She picked up gun safety, posture, grip and stance very quickly. She did so well that I stopped her after 75 rounds of 9mm, 6 rounds of 380 and 5 rounds of 45 ACP. There was more that she could have shot but I felt the lesson would stick better if she quit before she had a chance to get sloppy. I believe next time she shoots she will pick it up where she left off. She liked art work by Alexander Pope and William Merritt Chase, both of whom were top of their craft. She likes Harbor Seals and Sonoma State Beach. Overall she is pretty fucking cool.